Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Shamelessly stolen from jwk94, but it seems we have our first confirmation of a veteran Ranger actor who isn't returning for this season (or Once and Always):

View: https://twitter.com/bbenfield43/status/1627107205571874822

I'm John Tui's booking agent. We talk once or twice a week, including just now. Hate to disappoint y'all, but wanted to let you know that he's 100% NOT in Cosmic Fury, nor is he in the 30th special. He gives y'all his love, but he was never approached.

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Shamelessly stolen from jwk94, but it seems we have our first confirmation of a veteran Ranger actor who isn't returning for this season (or Once and Always):

View: https://twitter.com/bbenfield43/status/1627107205571874822

I'm John Tui's booking agent. We talk once or twice a week, including just now. Hate to disappoint y'all, but wanted to let you know that he's 100% NOT in Cosmic Fury, nor is he in the 30th special. He gives y'all his love, but he was never approached.

Lmao thanks. This one kinda hurts. Woudlve been nice seeing Daggeron or Kruger, especially with SPD years coming up. At least a suit VA would've been nice.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
It would've been nice. I know the crew only has ten episodes to wrap up the incumbent team's plot, but I do hope we get some returning Rangers from across the cosmos.

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
It would've been nice. I know the crew only has ten episodes to wrap up the incumbent team's plot, but I do hope we get some returning Rangers from across the cosmos.
Well we know Billy and Mick are back, though for how long is anyone's guess. Then there's Abraham Rodriguez (Nate) who was in NZ while they were filming, hung out with the Rangers, and was there for the wrap party. Of course he could've just been on vacation, but it's fun to speculate especially with Izzy's love for Steel Silva.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I was thinking of editing it into my earlier post, but I randomly grew a selective conscience and didn't want to spread a leak that unnamed crewmember #37 clearly edited themselves out of. Simon Bennett's gonna hunt that person down. Unless Bennett's the one who leaked it 👀.

Given that the Tweet's hashtags list eight characters, our team for this season could be the six ex-Dino Fury Rangers, Tarrick, and Solon. Or the person making the Tweet just listed the eight main characters of Dino Fury out of habit.

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of editing it into my earlier post, but I randomly grew a selective conscience and didn't want to spread a leak that unnamed crewmember #37 clearly edited themselves out of. Simon Bennett's gonna hunt that person down. Unless Bennett's the one who leaked it 👀.

Given that the Tweet's hashtags list eight characters, our team for this season could be the six ex-Dino Fury Rangers, Tarrick, and Solon. Or the person making the Tweet just listed the eight main characters of Dino Fury out of habit.
I think it's the latter. The screenshot comes from a video from Russell Curry wishing Tessa happy birthday. The Rangers keep posting stuff they probably shouldn't be lol.
www.instagram.com

Russell Curry ⚡️🦖❤️ on Instagram: "Happy Birthday @tessa_rao!!! Baby Green! I don't even know what to say. I love you so much. I always picture you with that big infectious smile on your face, so I had to compile some moments that attempt to capture

2,436 Likes, 109 Comments - Russell Curry ⚡️🦖❤️ (@russellcurry) on Instagram: "Happy Birthday @tessa_rao!!! Baby Green! I don't even know what to say. I love you so much. I always picture you with that big infectious smile on your face, so I had to compile some moments that attempt to capture...

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
The weapons do indeed look good. The suits also look better in this lighting, even if the arm holes remain not ideal from my vantage point.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Every PR fan's favorite outlet, The Illuminerdi, has weighed in. Potential spoilers ahoy, but as always, take with a Pyramidas-sized grain of salt:
www.theilluminerdi.com

7th Ranger and Identity Revealed For Power Rangers Cosmic Fury: Exclusive - THE ILLUMINERDI

The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the identity and color of the Power Rangers Cosmic Fury 7th Ranger.

So, we're apparently getting our first non-comic full-time Orange Ranger in the franchise. Kat Manx -- none of you argue, she's as much an Orange Ranger as Cruger is a Black Ranger -- will finally have company. Getting orange and beige on the same team certainly contributes to Cosmic Fury's rather unusual color scheme. This might be threadworthy if we can verify it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Every PR fan's favorite outlet, The Illuminerdi, has weighed in. Potential spoilers ahoy, but as always, take with a Pyramidas-sized grain of salt:
www.theilluminerdi.com

7th Ranger and Identity Revealed For Power Rangers Cosmic Fury: Exclusive - THE ILLUMINERDI

The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the identity and color of the Power Rangers Cosmic Fury 7th Ranger.

So, we're apparently getting our first non-comics full-time Orange Ranger in the franchise. Kat Manx -- none of you argue, she's as much an Orange Ranger as Curger is a Black Ranger -- will finally have company. Getting orange and beige on the same team certainly contributes to Cosmic Fury's rather unusual color scheme. This might be threadworthy if we can verify it.
I'd say post the thread with a spoiler warning. There's enough smoke to verify that this is probably true. If you do make a thread, I'd also note in the OP that this would be the first time we've had a female "sixth", and three female rangers on the team at the same time (obviously not counting temporary members).

Also, tweet from the designer of the concept art

View: https://twitter.com/stratosmacca/status/1627488012983496704?t=Ivzr0Hzvhkjt0b72cBSVyA&s=19

I wonder if she's talking about
Fern's claws, someone else's weapon, their potential combo cannon, or maybe Zayto's secret weapon if he has one?

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Well, here's the link to the thread if anyone wants to continue that specific line of discussion.

www.resetera.com

Rumors of a 7th Cosmic Fury Power Ranger with a new(ish) color remarked upon by The Illuminerdi (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Yesterday, someone on the set of Power Rangers' upcoming 30th season Cosmic Fury -- likely Russell Curry filming to wish Tessa Rao a happy birthday -- wound up exposing something: https://twitter.com/ListenAnyway/status/1627415038427373568 The wall of concept art shows the expected group of...

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
(Taken from RangerBoard, because they find everything) -- It appears that Cosmic Fury's theme song won't be a simple word-swap of Dino Fury's:
6lrvtfqt.png

Judging by the blue and brown image at the bottom of the screencap, I'm guessing this is from Linkara's "History of Power Rangers" video on Dino Fury.

If this holds true, I'm sure many will be happy. I was less fussed about the omnipresence of "Go Go Power Rangers" in the intros than most, but I did miss the more original themes (even if Mystic Force's was the last one I really liked out the gate). The gradual shortening of intros ruined a lot of the later themes' flows, anyways. I suppose it's fitting that the season that takes the characters into space is also the one that sheds any last vestiges of the old musical theme.

Last edited:

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
(Taken from RangerBoard, because they find everything) -- It appears that Cosmic Fury's theme song won't be a simple word-swap of Dino Fury's:
54891314f0d04cc9e62c5f9ez5.png

Judging by the blue and brown image at the bottom of the screencap, I'm guessing this is from Linkara's "History of Power Rangers" video on Dino Fury.

If this holds true, I'm sure many will be happy. I was less fussed about the omnipresence of "Go Go Power Rangers" in the intros than most, but I did miss the more original themes (even if Mystic Force's was the last one I really liked out the gate). The gradual shortening of intros ruined a lot of the later themes' flows, anyways. I suppose it's fitting that the season that takes the characters into space is also the one that sheds any last vestiges of the old musical theme.

Yeah, it's from Simon Bennett's comment on the new History of Power Rangers video. I enjoyed it to be sure.

Here's hoping we'll get more unique opening themes in the future. I like new songs whenever we can get them, if they end up good.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
We need a crossover that gets to the MMPR season 2 portion so we can see the Turtles react to Tor the Shuttlezord.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
It seems the production crew is already in the midst of experimenting with more original footage of Zords (Zords based on pre-existing Sentai designs...for now):

View: https://twitter.com/Pookina1/status/1650699551463084032

@Pookina1 first off, loved Once and Always. Second, the CG Zord battle was pretty ambitious. It wasn't perfect but it didn't need to be. Would it be possible for post-Cosmic Fury seasons to have entirely original CG Zords or would doing those for a whole season exceed the budget?

I think it would be possible - in fact is inevitable. We're doing a lot of original Zord stuff in Cosmic Fury.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
It seems the production crew is already in the midst of experimenting with more original footage of Zords (Zords based on preexisting Sentai designs...for now):

View: https://twitter.com/Pookina1/status/1650699551463084032

@Pookina1 first off, loved Once and Always. Second, the CG Zord battle was pretty ambitious. It wasn't perfect but it didn't need to be. Would it be possible for post-Cosmic Fury seasons to have entirely original CG Zords or would doing those for a whole season exceed the budget?

I think it would be possible - in fact is inevitable. We're doing a lot of original Zord stuff in Cosmic Fury.

Interesting. Makes sense too. They have seven months of post production to get some good CGI, plus dino fury already had original zord CGI in it.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
More like Hasbro cutting ties with Toei. But not really, 'cause Toei will always have to be credited for Power Rangers' conception and Hasbro may continue to solicit the company's services for the construction of some suits.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
...Are you talking about the 1995 movie Megazord, the 2017 movie Megazord, or the Megazord from Once & Always?

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
While filming a behind-the-scenes video for Once & Always, Catherine Sutherland gave us a glimpse of a "new" prop for Cosmic Fury:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CrvZ2axOT1B/

#throwbacktuesday
Shout out to the amazing production designers who created the amazing sets for #onceandalways
Here is a glimpse into where the magic happens!

#30yearsofpowerrangers #ritarepulsa #catherinesutherland #stevecardenas #mightymorphinpowerrangers #powerrangers #powerrangersplayback #behindthescenes

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Simon Bennett has been posting more production images on his Instagram account, giving us clearer glimpses of some of the individual Ranger weapons and the team Morpher:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CspPxA4SSsD/?img_index=1

Cosmic Fury Ranger weapons, painted.
pou4hxs2.jpg

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CsqYXkFr_Jz/?img_index=1

It's Morphin time! A long time ago, now.
qxbp8b3d.jpg
rlpprkth.jpg

Credit for the screencapped images goes to RangerBoard.

Last edited:

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
A look at the Cosmic Fury Rangers' Morpher, in toy form:

View: https://twitter.com/Martian_Ranger/status/1665059954351394817

Power Rangers Cosmic Fury Morpher Press Photos!

"Tap the Cosmic Fury Orb in the centre of the morpher to cycle through Ranger colours and choose your favourite, then hear their voice."

#PowerRangers #CosmicFury
wio9wogr.jpg
d76yrrig.jpg

w4nr5j6h.jpg
ueiabtzt.jpg

And just some further confirmation that the main configuration of KyurenOh will be used as well as what the individual components may be called:

View: https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1665075901564895234

To add to the #PowerRangers #CosmicFury Toy News…

While no pictures available (yet), we can CONFIRM that the Cosmic Fury Megazord continues the 'Zord Link' functionality from Dino Fury and consists of the Cosmic Lion
🔴
, Wolf
🔵
, Bull
⚫️
, 'Chameleo'
🟢
, and Shark
🟡
zords.

I'm gonna presume "Chameleo" was a typo until further notice.

Last edited:

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Hasbro opted to slap the lightning bolts on everything and yet the toy lacks it around its wrist portion.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Joe from the Illuminerdi weighs in:

View: https://twitter.com/joedeckelmeier/status/1669081313645858816

I spoke with someone last week that informed me that #CosmicFury would be the last #PowerRangers season filmed in New Zealand.

If true, that's 20 years and 20 seasons of filming there, from Ninja Storm to Cosmic Fury. It feels like New Zealand's foreign production industry really got a boost from Power Rangers and The Lord of the Rings, among several other things.

Credit goes to jwk94 for posting this on RangerBoard (where I get everything).

Last edited:

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
TBD. Whatever the next live-action project in the franchise is, its filming location probably hasn't been decided yet and that situation likely won't change for a while due to the ongoing strike.

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The Cosmic Fury morpher is out in Germany.

The Illuminerdi has an article now restating some earlier claims:
theilluminerdi.com

Power Rangers: The End Of An Era And What Lies Beyond 2023 - THE ILLUMINERDI

Power Rangers fans, change is coming, be prepared to say goodbye, especially to a place that has been a literal home to Power Rangers ever since 2002.

This is probably thread-worthy. I'll make one later if nobody else does.
I say go for it!

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
So the toy basically...
...confirms that Fern is in fact the Orange Ranger for this season. And who I presume is Zayto has pink as his designated light-up color for the orb component of the Morpher? That's Titanium Ranger with orange packaging at McDonald's-tier of color coordination.

Last edited:

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
We have our first look at the main Megazord's packaging.

View: https://twitter.com/Ranger_esp/status/1672689355943469056

Primer vistazo al embalaje del Megazord de #PowerRangers #CosmicFury, que confirma que seguirá utilizando el sistema Zord Link de #DinoFury

Via Instagram / blaze_toys
(First look at the #PowerRangers #CosmicFury Megazord packaging, confirming that it will still use the #DinoFury Zord Link system)
qoag369t.jpg
nct57x4j.jpg
Yep, it's KyurenOh. Cool that the not-Kyutama have ports similar to the Dino Fury toyline.

We may also have our first looks at Zayto's weapon, provided said weapon isn't exclusive to the toyline.

View: https://twitter.com/1997Josecastro/status/1673028916242526208

Cosmic Fury Toys
#PowerRangers #CosmicFury
rjqdkcw9.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/MegaPowerBrasil/status/1673032437012520960
Zenith Ranger de Power Rangers Cosmic Fury ganha brinquedo exclusivo.

Saiba mais
⬇️

(Zenith Ranger from Power Rangers Cosmic Fury gets exclusive toy.

To know more:

https://megapowerbrasil.com/2023/06/zenith-ranger-de-power-rangers-cosmic.html)
a8jyo6nb.png
Zayto's weapon looks like a redesigned Dino Dagger from the last series.

Also, and this is probably the most important piece of news pertaining to the actual show, but pictures of a stunt double of a familiar Power Rangers character played by a familiar Power Rangers alumnus have surfaced online.

Last edited:

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
The age of streaming has made waiting for Power Rangers news more of a slow burn than usual. I can only imagine how little we'd have to go off of if Bennett wasn't posting on Instagram and Twitter constantly.