Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I love SMT ,but what were they thinking with Lucifer when they were doing SMTIV/A:

From this:

latest

To this:

latest

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I was hoping this was on EtcetEra so I could post Taskmaster.

Anyway you are completely correct with Lucifer and thank god they reined that shit back in and showed him off in like the first five seconds of last year's SMTV trailer.

I'll go with Nuts & Bolts Banjo and Kazooie. I get the idea but they look like a parody of a mascot platformer.

06d4cf8c6aff23b09d0491eff2250527.jpg

What's with his left hand?

Long story short: Lucifer's arm is pregnant.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Go from beating up Silver Surfer to some goon with knives
Drax-the-Destroyer-Marvel-Comics-Infinity-Watch-a.jpg

Drax-the-Destroyer-Marvel-Comics-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-d.jpg

chiller

Apr 23, 2021
LTWR9zB.png

dNa3kH7.jpg

If you somehow reach "white dreads" while redesigning a character, maybe, just maybe, you should start over.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate the RE3make Nemesis, but it's hard to argue it's not a huge step down from the original. Definitely an "ain't broke, don't fix it" situation.

85PN7I7.png

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Celica from Fire Emblem went from this

latest

to this.

200px-FEA_Celica.png

Thankfully her redesign in Shadows of Valentia was good.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another bad SMT one:

Satan

From this:

latest

To this:

latest

Eeeeeehhh I like this one. The main story demons in SMT need some kind of unique visual flair, and at least IV Apoc's Satan still demonstrably looks like the kind of character Satan would be.

I like that he's sleek looking, a lot of the worst SMT designs as of late have been the overdesigned ones in SMTIV and Strange Journey Redux.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Dirge of Cerberus's redesigns of Chaos and Galian Beast:

[CHAOS]
From this:
latest

to this:
latest

[GALIAN BEAST]
From this:
latest

to this:
latest

Nomura: "My original designs were whack! I wanna make Chaos and Galian Beast look like LIVING tribal tattoos!!!"

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
It's not as bad as the Lucifer redesign , but I still vastly prefer OG Satan over the SMTIVA design.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Castlevania Judgement and Dawn of Sorrow anime twist go here

112921-castlevania-judgment-review.jpg

Going for Takeshi Obata's art was a good idea on paper, but the results are a complete misfire for the most part.
Though Mummified Grant and armoured Cornell I kinda low key dig.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Castlevania Judgement and Dawn of Sorrow anime twist go here

112921-castlevania-judgment-review.jpg

Going for Takeshi Obata's art was a good idea on paper, but the results are a complete misfire for the most part.
Though Mummified Grant and armoured Cornell I kinda low key dig.

Cornell rocks because he's the only character who looks more Castlevania than his original design.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ugh, he's going to appear like this in SMT V ain't he?

Eh, probably not. Lucifer's back to normal and the only redesign from Apoc that's carried over has been Odin, seemingly.

Speaking of which, holy shit Odin sucks.

latest

Kaneko Odin is nice and simple. He's got Gungnir, he's got the eyepatch, really the only problem is that he's got the horned helmet but that's the kind of embellishment attached to Vikings. SMT Odin is a super streamlined view of Odin down to his core essentials.

AND THEN THERE'S THIS ASSHOLE

latest

Having a raven with him is nice but come the fuck on, they turned him into Kamen Rider.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Ranger, from Quake. The hup boy. Quakeguy.

Here he is in all his glory.
soAt3fj.png

He looks just as good in Quake 3.
ITuK5t3.png

Then in Quake Champions they turned him into human Shrek lookin' guy with some weird mustard helmet and shitty tattoo with the backstory of him having PTSD and being a high school football star with a family? This ain't my hup boy.
wXuM3JR.png

Weirdly there is a skin available for him that gives him a more authentic look, albeit with years of battle showing its wear on him.
qXeiJvf.png

Apr 2, 2021
Here's N-gin in Crash Team Racing Refueled, dorky lumpy and adorable
latest

Here he is in It's About Time, looking slimmed down, smug and weirdly "smooth"
Crash-Bandicoot-4-N-Gin-1-696x392.jpg

He doesn't even have an underbite, what is this shit.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Radiant Historia.
radianthistoria_03.jpg
latest

sharla2.jpg

And Xenoblade.

Octorok-Grass.png

I also dislike how the deku enemies from Zelda were retconned into an octorock variant ever since Skyward Sword, because it makes the world feel more flat by having less intelligent species.

Last edited:

Truno

Jan 16, 2020

Typhlosion, the final evolution of one of the starter Pokemon in Generation 2. It was known for having a sick flame scarf around its neck that would change in size depending on its attack. When Pokemon made the graphical leap into 3D they butchered the design by removing it from its neutral animation

bidfj6d7dh641.png

It just looks dumb. And this is how it looked like:

latest

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Eh, probably not. Lucifer's back to normal and the only redesign from Apoc that's carried over has been Odin, seemingly.

latest

Kaneko Odin is nice and simple. He's got Gungnir, he's got the eyepatch, really the only problem is that he's got the horned helmet but that's the kind of embellishment attached to Vikings. SMT Odin is a super streamlined view of Odin down to his core essentials.

latest

Having a raven with him is nice but come the fuck on, they turned him into Kamen Rider.
Kamen Rider Odin looks way cooler than purple man wearing a bed sheet tbh

He's supposed to be really intimidating when he first appears in SMT4A and his OG design wouldn't have sold it

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018

latest

latest

I like this redesign , original Odin looks too generic.