Hermii

Oct 27, 2017
Even the fonts are wrong. Come on now this is a crap fake.

5.jpg

vs

boq2ffjm3xr11.jpg

For those not typographically aware

- See horrible default kerning between letters R and Y, P and A. It's nice and tight in the real thing, there is an amateur hour gap in the fake
- See the shapes of O, P and S for example
- Look at M middle bar, it goes all the way to the bottom in the real thing

This is a bad fake and mods should lock this
Just because you are Sherlock Holmes, doesn't mean it's a crap fake. It does mean it's fake though, but to me it's a very good fake.

Oct 28, 2017
tbh if it's fake the real thing is gonna look almost exactly like this anyway so

*shrug*

EDIT: The way the front panel looks actually makes it look like it's non flexible and instead comes out COMPLETELY. I'd believe it

Oct 25, 2017
The memory expansion cover looks like it could actually come off instead of being cosmetic. I don't think a real N64 mini will look that detailed.

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal
I predict that this is real, announcement is imminent (as in this week or next week), will be casually annnounced on a Tuesday morning or something, for release in December.

They look like press kit shots. Someone at some retailer probably grabbed the pictures on their computer monitor. This is my theory.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Just to follow up on the wrong fonts and poor kerning in the fake, Nintendo's attention to detail is flawless when it comes to replicating the power buttons, typefaces and kerning:

8a8ebada-9ad2-4269-aeyev1.jpeg

original.jpg

It is entirely unplausible that they would mess that up.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope Sega adds Panzer Dragoon Saga, or at least Panzer Dragoon 2.

At the very least Capcom pillars like Devil May Cry and Castlevania 64 are a shoe-in.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, that's pretty much the exact design I would've expect it to be if it were real. However, the images show it 'too' perfect, no real life imperfections (even the tiniest amount such as micro-scratches).

Lightning

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

5.jpg

vs

boq2ffjm3xr11.jpg

- See horrible default kerning between letters R and Y, P and A. It's nice and tight in the real thing, there is an amateur hour gap in the fake

As someone who does design work like this every day, this is the first thing that caught my eye.

Thanks for pointing it out in detail!

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I mean... did the N64 truly have enough hits to justify this?
Mario 64
Zelda 64
GoldenEye
BioFREAKS
And Turok basically

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Maybe there's a hidden message in the space kerning. Take out first letter.
Memor
Yexp
Ansion
= More Exp Nonis
= Expect more at November Nintendo Service

/s

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I mean... did the N64 truly have enough hits to justify this?
Mario 64
Zelda 64
GoldenEye
BioFREAKS
And Turok basically

Even if you don't include the stuff tied up in licensing hell you have:

Super Mario 64
Pilotwings 64
Zelda OoT
Zelda MM
Mario Party
Paper Mario
Wave Race 64
FZero X
Smash Bros
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Donkey Kong 64
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Snap
Star Fox 64
Pokemon Puzzle League
Mario Kart
Diddy Kong Racing

and I imagine they could fairly easily strike a deal with MS/Rare to include a couple of Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, KI Gold, Perfect Dark, Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini). You could also surprise everyone with Goldeneye 007 or an english translated Sin and Punishment as sort of the "Star Fox 2" or this thing.

There's plenty of substantial titles to choose from.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I guess I'm on team "doesn't matter if it's real or fake" here because even if this is fake, the N64 Mini is surely being made anyway... and it will probably look just like that picture.

Oct 28, 2017

5.jpg

vs

boq2ffjm3xr11.jpg

Damn. Party is over!

Until the next one.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm on team "doesn't matter if it's real or fake" here because even if this is fake, the N64 Mini is surely being made anyway... and it will probably look just like that picture.

I am in the same team. Trying to spot mistakes in this specific render to prove that this is fake is kinda funny considering we know how the end product will look like lol.