• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What does P5R stands for?

• Persona 5 Racing All Night

Votes: 76 26.5%
  • Persona 5 Return of Teddie

Votes: 26 9.1%
  • Persona 5 RSteak

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • Metroid Prime 4

Votes: 119 41.5%
  • Shinjiro was the best Persona character and here's my 250 pages long essay about why.

Votes: 31 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine getting mad because you do not get to play the same 80 hours you've played before to see perhaps 1-3 hours of additional content that adds barely anything to the experience with it clearly being an afterthought. Unless Persona game revisions overhaul entire mechanics and change the main story. Then this post can be discarded.
While I do agree that people are overreacting, I'm not sure I agree about the content until proven wrong.

Persona 3, Golden, and Catherine have all gotten meaty revisions to the original game. It's expected that Persona 5 will do the same.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
For those that care the next part of the Persona 5 anime after this special is coming in March.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh if this Persona Switch is real it makes the decision to chose the Vita for a Catherine release in 2019 even weirder.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I'm going to be fast asleep when the announcement actually happens, but i'm hoping for something good. I preemptively stopped my playthrough of Persona 5 (which I picked up for like $23 AUD) earlier this year because I had a hunch that an updated version would be coming soon, and I would gladly start again on the Switch.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Debating whether I should share the extent of my info. If so, I'd like to be able to share proof with mods before doing so. Can a mod message me?
As someone who has done some big info drop/leak stuff (DMC5 leak thread) in the past, I'd advice against doing this. It's not worth the hassle and if by any chance you do get anything wrong, people will just focus on that and try invalidate you while ignoring the stuff that you got right or writing those off as guesses and predictions and such.

I know the feeling of wanting to share stuff with people (especially things you are excited about) but in the end, it's not worth it imo. Especially not this close to a possible announcement.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
While I do agree that people are overreacting, I'm not sure I agree about the content until proven wrong.

Persona 3, Golden, and Catherine have all gotten meaty revisions to the original game. It's expected that Persona 5 will do the same.
At one point there'll likely be an extended version like that for Persona 5, however whether P5R is that version remains to be seen. It could also be the P5 equivalent of P3 FES, which only made relatively modest changes to the main game. (Well, it also added The Answer, but who really cares about that).

If it's only a slight update, it might also explain why Atlus doesn't plan a PS4 release (if it's indeed exclusive).

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
So anything happened ? The thread kinda blew up since yesterday night.

Mystic once again chimed in and said that P5R is a Switch exclusive (though I have seen on Twitter that in the meantime he has clarified that it's not necessarily Switch exclusive).

Then another insider said that P5R is real but they didn't want to specify what it is and on what platforms it will release.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
...a lot of people ? It was a huge content addition wtf.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that added more content than the portable version did. Sure it could have been handled better, I never did finish it, but it was like 20 to 30 hours of additional content which is really huge.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
I really don't care what other platforms it's on, as long as I get Persona 5 on a portable device.
Ideally Atlus would release this rumored enhanced version on everything, they're kinda holding themselves back by not going full multiplatform.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's only a slight update, it might also explain why Atlus doesn't plan a PS4 release (if it's indeed exclusive).

I think it'll be a substantial upgrade but maybe not the only "new" Persona 5 game.

Maybe the PS4 will get a direct sequel, in the style of Eternal Punishment, while the Switch gets an enhanced port with a female protagonist, extra Confidants and a new dungeon or two in a sort of P3P or P4G style upgrade.

That'd be cool.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope P5R is multiplatform and from now on going forward all Atlus games are multiplat titles (if technically possible). I am not a fan of flip flopping and they are playing with people's trust if they change platforms like that.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
...a lot of people ? It was a huge content addition wtf.
Never seen much appreciation for it anywhere. It's a sub-par dungeon crawler that got rid of most what made P3 interesting in the first place. It's like adding more floors to Mementos, which is probably the part of P5 people disliked the most.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope P5R is multiplatform and from now on going forward all Atlus games are multiplat titles (if technically possible). I am not a fan of flip flopping and they are playing with people's trust if they change platforms like that.
I guess they're just satisfied with keeping their audience on one system.

Shin Megami Tensei for Nintendo
Persona for Sony

And every now and then they try to branch out, like Catherine, Tokyo MIrage (where's my Switch port :(), and the Persona spinoff games.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never seen much appreciation for it anywhere. It's a sub-par dungeon crawler that got rid of most what made P3 interesting in the first place. It's like adding more floors to Mementos, which is probably the part of P5 people disliked the most.

Well I didn't play P5 yet so not gonna talk about Mementos but The Answer was very enjoyable.

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
That Mystic kid seems too wishy-washy for me. He recently said he definitely knows one specific thing from the reveal will cause controversy, very, very strongly hinting at a Switch exclusive, but also says it might not be the case. After saying he indeed knows what the reveal is. Seems like someone covering all the bases so he could always say he's got his info right.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At one point there'll likely be an extended version like that for Persona 5, however whether P5R is that version remains to be seen. It could also be the P5 equivalent of P3 FES, which only made relatively modest changes to the main game. (Well, it also added The Answer, but who really cares about that).

FES added an entire 30 hour epilogue with new story content. Just because you think people don't care(they do BTW.) doesn't mean it doesn't count.

It also still added the new events with Elizabeth, a new Social Link, new Persona's, new social events, and one major optional event compared to the vanilla release.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Virtually all of atlus games are exclusive to one companies line of hardware, and they do updated rereleases on different hardware all the time. What you're describing as playing with people's trust (releasing updated remakes of games on different hardware) has been the direction the company has taken for at least, what, a decade? Maybe earlier if p3p wasn't even the first example.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I guess they're just satisfied with keeping their audience on one system.

Well apparently not according to the rumors of P5R coming to Switch. Personally I don't doubt that it's coming to Switch but I don't understand why it has to be an exclusive (IF we assume the rumors are correct)? Make it a multiplatform title and avoid all the drama and meltdowns.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That Mystic kid seems too wishy-washy for me. He recently said he definitely knows one specific thing from the reveal will cause controversy, very, very strongly hinting at a Switch exclusive, but also says it might not be the case. After saying he indeed knows what the reveal is. Seems like someone covering all the bases so he could always say he's got his info right.
I mean, his basic leak still stands unmodified, namely that Persona 5 is coming to Switch. He didn't backpedal from that at all, so I don't think it's reasonable to go around calling him a flip-flopper. He hasn't budged from his original points, and him not being sure whether it's exclusive or not doesn't detract from that.

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Mystic: if you needed any more convincing about why sharing your info is not a good idea right now...

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, his basic leak still stands unmodified, namely that Persona 5 is coming to Switch. He didn't backpedal from that at all, so I don't think it's reasonable to go around calling him a flip-flopper. He hasn't budged from his original points, and him not being sure whether it's exclusive or not doesn't detract from that.
Mystic: if you needed any more convincing about why sharing your info is not a good idea right now...
Does the guy have a good track record when it comes to leaks? I want him to be right, but I've been hyped up one to many times at this point.

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Well, that's the thing. He strongly implied he knows for sure it's an exclusive, talking about games which get updated and ported to new consoles leaving out the original console. But then he says it might not be the case. He contradicts himself several times in the past week already.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018

so every company can treat switch owners like shit (see: EA, Capcom) but Atlus is "playing with people's trust" if they put an exclusive on that thing?

Interesting.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
One really annoying thing about Atlus is how they spread all the Persona games and spin offs across multiple platforms.
P4G on the Vita, P4A and P4U on the PS3 and PQ on the 3DS,the fuck are people invested in your franchise supposed to keep up? should the spend another 300$ on your whim? Do they spin a wheel to decide what platform you need to follow this series? Is the Ouya on that wheel?

Instead of making it available on the most platforms and make purchasing thier games easy and convenient, they choose the more asinine route off being completely irratic.

I have friends who still havent played the masterpiece that is P4G because its only on the Vita.

God dammit Atlus.

Last edited:

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
so every company can treat switch owners like shit (see: EA, Capcom) but Atlus is "playing with people's trust" if they put an exclusive on that thing?

Interesting.

Don't get me wrong I would get the Switch version because I don't use my PS4 anymore. I am just sick and tired of exclusive games from 3rd parties, that's all.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Well apparently not according to the rumors of P5R coming to Switch. Personally I don't doubt that it's coming to Switch but I don't understand why it has to be an exclusive (IF we assume the rumors are correct)? Make it a multiplatform title and avoid all the drama and meltdowns.
Why are meltdowns needed if its exclusive? It's a bloody port with extra content.

I got over SMT4 being a 3DS game after playing 3 on a PS2. You people also will.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's the thing. He strongly implied he knows for sure it's an exclusive, talking about games which get updated and ported to new consoles leaving out the original console. But then he says it might not be the case. He contradicts himself several times in the past week already.
I don't get it. Isn't him sharing his info right now and proven correct later a good thing? Especially if he indeed has correct info.
Plans can change at the last minute. Calling someone into doubt because they won't share all the toys now isn't going to make them react how you like. I'm confident what they're holding is accurate to the best of their knowledge. Whether plans have shifted on the Atlus side, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.