• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Bringing thus up because I was just talking to some of my friends about the week before everything closed.

We all had met up for the first time in months. Our plan for the night was getting Five Guys and then going to watch My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising together.

It was, to say the least, amazing. Food was fantastic, movie was even better, and the chemistry between my entire group was still as active as it was ten years ago.

More than six months later and I still think about that day. I can't wait to go get Five Guys and go to the movies with my friends in the future.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Went to the Nier orchestra concert in Chicago. Was an absolutely incredible experience.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't remember. And I'm not being pessimistic either, I just legit have no clue since January/February felt like 2 years ago lol

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
we had been having a really rough time for a really long time with an awful winter that seemed to last forever, work being stressful and having zero professional/personal life boundaries, and just not being happy where we were, so for my partner's birthday i had scrounged together some dough and booked us a surprise "weekend" trip to NYC so we could get food at a place our* former executive chef got a new gig at and finally go to see Sleep No More. which, you know, all things considered now... was pretty good timing on our part.

maybe the last and only positive thing that happened this year.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
I met David Byrne three days after my birthday. Unless I meet George Lucas or Michael Stipe in the next three months, that will likely be the highlight of my entire year.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
MAGFest was pretty fucking cool.

So was starting grad school (a bad college student like me actually getting into, and succeeding at Masters classes was wild).

The week before everything closed up, I went out for lunch w/my friends and their kids one Saturday...had some hot pot, shit was dope.
That Sunday, I met my friends from HS, watched the Sonic movie, laughed our asses off and I showed them home-cooked Haitian food for the first time in our years as friends. They loved it, and I was super-happy about it.

This year has been trash, but there's been little bits of sunshine in it.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had an amazing vacation with friends in Palm Springs a few weeks before lockdown, it was bliss.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I went to see Angel Olsen and it was fucking awesome.

Also first time i took a number 2 in a public toilet.

It was a very full friday.

Mush

Nov 1, 2017
Moved in with my GF, first time in my life I've moved in with someone so it was a big step for me. Downside is the other person we're holed up with is a dickweed but we'll stage a coup d'etat when the lease is up and keep the place as we both want to continue living there.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Erm, actually 2020 has been amazing for me.

Like, everyday good things happen that make me happy and I have no idea how to express it.
erm...also I started taking Zoloft so uhhhhhh probably a connection.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I went to Galaxy's Edge in February. As a massive Star Wars fan, it was a dream come true.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I flew to Arizona for our young one and a half year old son to meet his grandparents there for the first time (we live in Wisconsin). Stayed there for a week and it was really fun and pretty relaxing.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Our Disneyland annual pass was expiring in early March and my fiancé and I decided to go one last time. She had to work most of the day, but I had the day off so I went right when the park opened (with the intent of doing work on my laptop in the hotel later in the day). It was the first time I had been to Disney just by myself and it was surprisingly relaxing. Got to ride Rise of the Resistance, Space Mountain, and acouple of other big rides. Chilled out in the hotel lobby while I worked and had a nice drink from Trader Sams. My fiancé met me at night and we had dinner together and went on a few more rides.

it was a great day.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I remember having a great night in the city with some old college friends right before everything imploded.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
My daughter walking for the first time.

Shes developmentally delayed in gross motor skills and a bit in some other areas. She's about a year behind most kids and we were pretty bummed coming up on her second birthday that she wasn't walking. Just sad because we had said all throughout this year like "I hope she's walking by 2!" She was progressing but very slowly, still couldn't really stand on her own, couldn't stand up from a sitting/down position.

It's like ... 3 weeks before her second birthday and we're at this little playground just playing. She's good at climbing and so she was climbing this little stair thing and then going down a slide, and each time we'd take her by tbe hand or carry her over back to the stair thing.

Then all of a sudden she just.... Gets off the slide... Stands up..... And walks. Like goes from 0 steps without assistance to about 15 steps. And we're like "ooooommmmmgggggg"

Then she gets off the slide and I'm like "come to daddy!" And she turns to me and waddles like 15-20 steps before collapsing into me and we all freaked out.

This little boy on the other side of the park said "... Why are they screaming...?"

By the end of that day she was doing laps all over the house and basically hasn't crawled since. It was amazing.

*Edit*

Oh this was july. Not pre-pandemic. Honestly it's hard to remember pre pandemic. I know it existed as a time it's just really hard to remember. We definitely had some fun weekends before everything fell out and I remember where we were when like everything shut down. We were at a bar/restaurant, the place we'd go to basically every Friday night, March 12 (Thurs?) And my wife got the text "school is closed until March 28" and it was like "ohhh shit..." And you see all of the parents get the text at the bar/rest and all pretty much lose it like "... Holy shit... Wtf do we do?" And then March 26 became April 4, then April 26... Then just the rest of the year. And we're still not back.

It's been a trip since then. Still had some great memories during this time but it's been hard working with a two year old. I think winter is going to be hard. We've spent a ton of time outdoors and it's been great. Like as soon as it got even slightly warm back in April we were doing long walks every day, and it's been great since then... But I think it's going to be a shitty winter.

Last edited:

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Went to Disneyland for the opening of Rise of the Resistance, it was packed as hell but quite the experience when everyone tried to get in the queue at the same time. We on the standby queue, so didn't even know if we ride it that day, but thankfully it only broke down twice and yeh it was worth it.

oh shit, this was actually 2019. forget it then, i got nothing

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not my favorite memory but it was fun going to the movies when they were still open and seeing Birds of Prey and then Onward which was the last movie I've seen in a theater.

I miss going to the theaters. :/

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Getting a tattoo early in the day and then seeing Strike Anywhere play Exit English and Change is a Sound all the way through in Asbury Park... what a great night mere weeks before this shit started getting scary.

Aug 30, 2020
When I got my new desk at work with a nice window view and a bunch more privacy and it was nice and dim and close to coffee and food. RIP

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
My wife and I spent a weekend at a remote cabin in the Texas hill country for our anniversary. The kids stayed with my parents so it was just the two of us. We hiked. We drank. We swam. We cooked. We sexed. It was magical.

It was either that or the last date night we had. We saw Sonic the Hedgehog, went to a local pizza place, and walked along the waterway. She wore the most amazing red dress with flowers on it.

God I love that woman.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
I went with a friend to see Sonic the Hedgehog. We had Del Taco afterwards, walked around a bit, got frozen yogurt.

It was nice.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
New Years. Was incredible went back to my home island and enjoyed Christmas to the new year. Since then. Hell

Oct 27, 2017
I visited my boyfriend who lived three time zones away at the time. We got to do all the touristy things that someone can do in the city and generally just got lost with each other. There were concerts, food out, museums, but really just shutting out work/news/whatever else for a week and just spending it with someone I love was enough to make it one of the best times of my life.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
The first half of this year was literally the toughest of my life. If I have to pick one day from that period I enjoyed the most, it was probably the day at the lake where my bestie caught a whole bunch of beautiful catfish. Just been one of those years.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had a nice birthday dinner with friends in January
Secured an MCR ticket

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
The 72 hours between Bernie winning the Nevada caucus and the South Carolina debate. What fun times.

For games? Playing through FF7R, TLOUP2, PS5 Future of Gaming event. Animal Crossing at launch along with the rest of the world.

z e r t

Oct 27, 2017
Watching Parasite winning the Oscar for best movie. I think this was this year but I'm not really sure. Seems a long time ago.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Ironically, probably the last time my friends and I got together for our weekly session of playing Pandemic Legacy Season 2...before the real life pandemic put the kibosh on everything.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Going to the Caribbean for 2 weeks with my girlfriend, my brother and his girlfriend to visit our (my brother and my) parents who live there. This was end of Jan to Feb. Perfect weather, no coronavirus fears, the beaches, bars, hanging out at the pool at the house and staying up until 3am getting fucked up, cooking lobster and BBQ. Always a great time. Hope we're able to do it again next year earlier rather than later.