• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What gaming platforms do you own?

• Xbox One / Xbox One X

Votes: 386 37.0%
  • PS4 / PS4 Pro

Votes: 831 79.6%
  • Nintendo Switch

Votes: 716 68.6%
  • Gaming PC

Votes: 637 61.0%

• Total voters

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
So, we're closing in on the end of the generation, next generation is roughly a year away going by rumors, we know Sony is dominating like never before with the PS4 worldwide on hardware sales and Switch is playing catch up. But lets take a peek at what the userbases look like among core gamers at this point.

So, what gaming platforms do you own?

Also, what's your plans for next generation? Are you "jumping ship" or staying at your favorite platform?

Me:
PC, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch

Next generation: I'll keep gaming on PC as my main platform. I plan to give Stadia a try early on to get a small taste of what streaming is all about about and to see how far you can go with ~10tf hardware which is rumored for the consoles as well. I expect I'll get sucked in on the other platforms too eventually but I don't think I'll jump in day 1 this time.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I got both a PS4 and the Switch in 2017, incidentally. PS4 Slim was on sale on Cyber Monday on Amazon.

Had a 360 last gen but it didn't really do much for me and Xbone doesn't have anything to make me buy in.

And my computer is a cruddy laptop, lol.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Used to own all of them but sold my Xbox because my PC made it pretty useless

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
X, Pro and soon another switch. Always been a multi console gamer, but will probably drop the Xbox family from next gen onwards. I only keep the x around for the better performance on multi plat games (mostly) and not for the exclusives as I don't like the Xbox IPS.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I own a PC and that will always be my preferred platform.

I technically own a switch, but it only gets used for occasional Monster Hunter sessions.

Going forward, I'll continue owning a PC and will probably not bother with anything else.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I pretty much just get all the Playstation and Nintendo systems along with PC and find I have access to all the games I'd ever want to play. Planning to continue with that for the future.

Jun 14, 2018
PS4 (bedroom, 1080p monitor), PS4 Pro (living room, 4K TV), Xbox One S (with an original Xbox One boxed up under my bed), Nintendo Switch and PC that's certainly capable of playing games but gets used for almost everything but playing games. I even subscribe to Humble Bundle so I probably should game a bit more.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I've got them all, i'm thinking that this will be my last gaming PC for awhile as it gets the least use. Only because its set up in my office and I don't really like shutting myself away in there on my own.

If I haven't used my pc in the next few months I'm going to give it to my friends kid as he'd get a lot more use out of it than I would.

I'll buy all of next gen day 1, including any streaming devices such as Stadia.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. Might bite the Switch if Nintendo releases the Pro version.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Everything besides a switch. But I don't really use the xbox since everything is coming to PC now. Ive never owned a Nintendo console, I don't even think my dad was into Nintendo growing up for some reason, we've always had all of the other consoles.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
PS4 Pro, Switch and PC. I had a launch Xbox One but I sold it since none of the exclusives interest me.

Last edited:

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I have a PS4 and a Switch.

I don't consider my PC a gaming PC since its an older HP Elitebook (8770w) and I really only play older games on it.

Next gen, I'm only planning on getting a PS5 and the next Switch.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
An Xbox One X (with Game Pass) and a Switch. A PS4 would've been cool for some of the exclusives but I'm happy as it is.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I've got a PS4 and Xbox One S that were mine and now the kids use in our lounge. I had a launch XB1 but I sold that when I got the S.

In my study I have a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. I regret the purchase of the Pro as I don't use it very much.

Also have a PC that's got a 2012 i5 in it, but thanks to the GTX1070 really doesn't struggle with modern gaming.

FBGMM2

Sep 15, 2018
Cancun MX
PS4 pro and switch recently bought a gaming laptop with GTX1060 for VR purposes so far so good... Next gen will be Ps5 day one

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
PC and a PS4 Slim.

PC is my main platform and PS4 for the exclusives

Next gen I plan to stay with both platforms, but I also want to get a Switch.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
PC and PS4. I may at some point in the future get an Xbox and Switch but the price and software need to be pretty damn compelling to get me to do so.

tomd96

Jul 6, 2018
Gaming PC, Xbox One, PS4 Pro and Switch. PC gets the most use and has the largest backlog, PS4 gets the second most use but doesn't have much of a backlog at all, Xbox is just a media player these days, and Switch gets the ocassional burst of activity but I only use it for exclusives.

I'll always have a gaming PC and the current Nintendo console (rarely from launch though), and next gen I doubt I'll buy an Xbox since the games will be playable on PC, and it will depend on the price and exclusives release schedule as to when I'd buy a PS5.