• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Faux News trying to decide between support our troops and blue lives matter
cover2.jpg
Easy, support our white troops, blue lives matter.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I aint even surprised when I read Windsor Va. thats like bumfuck hickville over there. Thank god I never have a reason to go over there.

and yea, fuck them cops.

i hate how cops have this holier than thou superior attitude, like, you gotta bow down to them and shit.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
Yeah, but I think the chance to intimidate people and pull your weapon is part of the appeal.
Those cameras, I shit you not, are illegal in some states.
What. The. Fuck.

Clearly no one is getting anything from these traffic stops. As much as American police have been awfully racist, it's also easy to get into the mindset of a police officer in the situation.

You pull someone over. You have no idea the situation you are getting into. If the other person is armed. What their identity is etc. It's a terrifying situation. And they often react in terrified ways.

Putting myself in the mind of a civilian pulled over is even worse! You know things could escalate or you could be killed if you move your hands in the wrong way.

It's terrible policing! Putting your officers on the defensive. Sending them into situations that could easily spiral, with them having so little information and control. Also: everyone has a gun.

It makes no sense.

Systemic racism is awful, and these officers need to be fired, but also : stop doing so many traffic stops! It's a fucked situation for everyone. Think about how the policing tactics you use are making the racism out there even worse.

I guess people would say that's the point.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What. The. Fuck.

Clearly no one is getting anything from these traffic stops. As much as American police have been awfully racist, it's also easy to get into the mindset of a police officer in the situation.

You pull someone over. You have no idea the situation you are getting into. If the other person is armed. What their identity is etc. It's a terrifying situation. And they often react in terrified ways.

Putting myself in the mind of a civilian pulled over is even worse! You know things could escalate or you could be killed if you move your hands in the wrong way.

It's terrible policing! Putting your officers on the defensive. Sending them into situations that could easily spiral, with them having so little information and control. Also: everyone has a gun.

It makes no sense.

Systemic racism is awful, and these officers need to be fired, but also : stop doing so many traffic stops! It's a fucked situation for everyone. Think about how the policing tactics you use are making the racism out there even worse.

I think that there is some stupid law where if cops find cash they can take it because "nobody carries $1k+ in cash except drug dealers" logic
So yeah Civil Asset Forfeiture laws are completely fucked up.
It behooves small town cop to stop as many cars as possible to maximize profits for the city.
Like how else is a 2k person city going to make money??

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
sigh fucking ridiculous. Since nothing will happen to the cop (like getting fired), I hope he wins a big lawsuit.

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
What. The. Fuck.

It makes no sense.

This is all by design. They want it like this. Cities profit, cops profit, and white supremacy profits. I firmly believe this system cannot be reformed but needs to be rebuilt.

I think that there is some stupid law where if cops find cash they can take it because "nobody carries $1k+ in cash except drug dealers" logic
So yeah Civil Asset Forfeiture laws are completely fucked up.
It behooves small town cop to stop as many cars as possible to maximize profits for the city.
Like how else is a 2k person city going to make money??

Civil Asset Forfeiture is garbage. You aren't guaranteed defense counsel because the police are going after property and not a person. Most people don't know they can fight it and if they do, they often don't have the means to. It's easy money for police departments and cities.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Rear license plate magically appeared when they found out the man was doing nothing wrong. I wish these cops the worst. Literal dangers to law abiding citizens.

Nov 7, 2017
That lieutenant bout to get paidddddd

Where do they get the money from all these lawsuits? Oh yea tax dollars smh. They should all go for the union coffers for this shit for protecting these assholes oh but wait I think the union leaders are all KKK/white supremacist....

We've been trying to tell yall that the police union leadership and union leaders are compromised because the KKK infiltrated them

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
In a just world these two would lose their jobs and spend the rest of their days cleaning rest stop toilets.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I can't even finish it. The "ride the lightning" cop...holy shit that dude needs to be fired and probably charged.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Hope they get what's coming to them, especially the older cop, dude is not compatible with society.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
It's ok, guys, I'm sure these are good cops that just need more training. /s

Really though, how can this ever be considered proper procedure? If anything, pulling over into a well lit, public area that is assuredly filled with security cameras should lead to a presumption that the person isn't dangerous.

Man the conflicting orders always get me. There is just no way to come out of that encounter unharmed.
I hate to say it, but his choice not to get out of the car may have saved his life. It's too easy to imagine a scenario where the lieutenant reaches inside to turn off the engine, the cops assume his movements indicate he is grabbing a weapon, and they fire on him the moment he steps out of the car.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
Him wearing a uniform or being in the military doesn't matter. No one deserves to be treated that way.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
So they pulled him over cause they saw he didn't have a license plate. But when they got to a well lite area (which they admit was typical when stopping black drivers) and noticed he had tempt tags they then escalated the situation that right?

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
American police are crazy, where else do you get guns drawn on you and maced in a traffic stop?

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
So they pulled him over cause they saw he didn't have a license plate. But when they got to a well lite area (which they admit was typical when stopping black drivers) and noticed he had tempt tags they then escalated the situation that right?

Pretty much but honestly they probably decided he escalated the situation by deciding to pull over in an area that had better lighting and in doing so made them have to wait for their chance to target and bother a minority and/or lowered their chances of being able to murder him and claim they didn't have a choice.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Someone help me out here. I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

The only reason he was pulled over is because the officer claimed he didn't have a license plate?

... but the truth is that it was dark and the officer simply couldn't see the license plate?

Mar 7, 2020
USA
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...officers-of-assault/ar-BB1fvTvV?ocid=msedgntp

So the Army officer is suing for 1 million dollars in damages and violating his civil rights.

and...

Lieutenant Nazario also accused the officers of threatening to destroy his military career by charging him with multiple crimes if he complained about their conduct, according to the complaint, which was reported this week by The Virginian-Pilot in Norfolk.

Officer Gutierrez and the other officer named in the lawsuit, Daniel Crocker, did not respond to requests for comment on Saturday. Chief Rodney Daniel Riddle of the Windsor Police Department did not respond to messages.

The police force in Windsor, a rural town of about 2,700 people about 30 miles west of Norfolk, consists of six members: a chief, a first sergeant, a detective and three officers, according to the town's website.

Officer Gutierrez later told Lieutenant Nazario that his chief had given him the discretion to let him go so long as the lieutenant did not "fight and argue."

So it's a small town with only 6 police, and they have gone media silence since they realized they fucked up "arresting" a Army officer. The two "cops" are Officer Joe Gutierrez and Officer Daniel Crocker. Their Chief Rodney Daniel Riddle tried to buy the Army Officer's compliance by saying he don't mention it then they won't press charges to "ruin" his career.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I figured that the higher-ups would be getting involved once word of this spread.

Though as an side, it's always weird that in America you have partisan officials ordering (or "suggesting") police investigations.
Literally EVERYTHING in America is partisan these days.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Damn that police department is gonna get so much heat for these racist fuck officers. Good

Side note, I have NEVER seen an arrest video where the officer talks calm & isn't aggressive once the suspect has made it obvious he is done/not resisting. Like what the fuck!? The dude was yours; I see this behavior in every damn video

Mar 7, 2020
USA
At this point, I expect the Windsor PD to try to settle this out of court and media circus, promise training, suspend the officer with pay, investigate themselves and find no wrong doing and hope it all goes away.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I've seen so many stories were the police themselves tell you to pull over to a well lit area if you feel uncomfortable, especially on a dark road. The guy does exactly that and gets maced and handcuffed for it.

These freakin backwoods cops are the worst. Only something like a dozen officers on the force so this power shit goes to their heads. Hope he sues the shit out of them.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
The police force in Windsor, a rural town of about 2,700 people about 30 miles west of Norfolk, consists of six members: a chief, a first sergeant, a detective and three officers, according to the town's website.
May be a little tough to claim this particular police force only has a few bad apples when 66% of your entire officers were present at this stop.

I can only hope this lawsuit "defunds" them into non-existence.

Side note, I have NEVER seen an arrest video where the officer talks calm & isn't aggressive once the suspect has made it obvious he is done/not resisting. Like what the fuck!? The dude was yours; I see this behavior in every damn video
I think it's because ANY level of non-compliance is taken as a a blow to police officers' egos, even if the non-compliance is perfectly reasonable under the circumstances (like waiting to pull over until you are in a safe, well lit area, or being scared for your life to step out of your vehicle when two officers are yelling at you, guns draws). They need to make sure that, first and foremost, you know your place and submit to their authority, rather than working towards the resolution of least resistance.

Plus, in this case, add in the high degree of likelihood that these particular officers are racist.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
These absolutely trash officers. Glad he was at least fired so far, and hope he's held accountable for violating this mans' civil rights.

Tater

Oct 30, 2017

Pelleas

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah they need to be disbanded and built up nationwide.
They need to but this will never happen.

What we need is to put control of the police union into civilian hands and somehow convince POC in large numbers to join the police force and start calling other cops out when shit like this happens to the point the "blue wall of silence" stops to be a thing. Also, they need to make it more difficult for ex-military to join the police force, but this would probably never happen and I can just imagine the narrative FOX News would take if they tried.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Police departments are mostly a baby-sitting service for people who were too stupid, violent, or blatantly corrupt to enlist or stay in the service, anyway.

It's a protection racket we pay to keep thousands of psychopaths from turning to outright banditry, though they're inching ever closer all the time.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Police departments are mostly a baby-sitting service for people who were too stupid, violent, or blatantly corrupt to enlist or stay in the service, anyway.

Yeah that was my first thought. The officer was mad he had to drive after this person, and his anger only rose when he saw it was a person of color serving in a branch of the military the officer couldn't dream of cutting it in.

Of course that's me making a bunch of assumptions about individuals that make up the police force. I don't know the make up or if police institutions recruit heavily from the Armed Forces whenever a service member retires.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Of course that's me making a bunch of assumptions about individuals that make up the police force. I don't know the make up or if police institutions recruit heavily from the Armed Forces whenever a service member retires.

In my experience (as a veteran) there's a pretty robust military->police->corrections pipeline, in descending order of "can you hack it", though it should be noted that one of the things cities trying to cut back on police brutality do is limit the amount of recruiting they do from soldiers released early from service (ie, disciplinary or fitness issues not bad enough to warrant Dishonorable Discharge). I know Seattle PD has in recent years changed their preference to not hiring prior service members, for example.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
They only act crazy against POC.

Oh they have their moments against 'white' people as well. There are less consequences when they assault and murder POC though for sure. Also I believe you are over 2.5x more likely to be killed by police using force if you are Black, but of course that doesn't take into account massive swings in statistics across the country. Some areas have cops killing black people at 6 times the rate of whites.

Though the worst police shooting, nay execution, I have ever seen remains the Daniel Shaver one in Mesa. It shows that yeah, USA police are fucking crazy.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
When was the cop fired? Yesterday, whenever this got national attention, or weeks/months ago? This happened in December.