Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
here
lemme just

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVs6YUscLZk

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC6qApaymUw

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRihTfwnb4k

- YouTube

Vylder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why people love Stadium. Only thing it had was the fact that it was the first 3D Pokemon game but other than that..

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Really wish they had brought Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow over to Switch so it would have been tied to this.

Are the rental pokemon even enough to play the game in its entirety?

All I remember is playing the game with my Pokemon Blue party.

Welkins

Apr 7, 2021
oh man thats hype as hell

if anything the announcers voice makes the game 100x better i love his voice

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Definitely up for messing around with this for a bit. But even I hopeful trend guy miss the first couple months when they'd announce the next one a few hours after the last one came out XD

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Curious to see if the Rentals have been updated to make up for the lack of upload ability. Doubt it, but it's the only way I can see Round 2 battles being possible to win.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
8DuwmaJ.png

p0h4ZCv.png

zNlooxr.png

oof

well at least the minigames should still be fun

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Lapras is in my top 10 just because of a single match I had in my friend's dorm room 12 years ago. That gorgeous beast carried a team handicapped by two cocoons, confusing and singing the entirety of my buddy's team into submission.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Now just to wait for Red and Blue to come out with a special version of this with connectivity.

Not really worth playing anything but the minigames otherwise.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why people love Stadium. Only thing it had was the fact that it was the first 3D Pokemon game but other than that..
For me, I still find appeal in seeing the old and somewhat "weird" era where Pokémon was still finding itself represented in 3D. It has a different vibe than what's come since Gen 3 or 4.

Also I grew up with this and its sequel, so nostalgia is a drug, etc., etc.

Jun 5, 2018
Should the day come for connectivity with gb games, I'll take interest in great measure, until then happy for those who are happy.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Probably had the most challenging battles a player could take on at the time in the series so if you wanted tricky, arguably rigged against you matches to try and solve with either your own pokemon you've raised up or the rentals it had it's relevance. Losing the ability to use your own pokemon does make things a bit less fun to be honest.

It's that or you spent a lot of hours away as a kid in the Mini Game Corner.

If you want a challenge, generate a random team of rentals with the Random Pokemon Generator https://randompokemon.com/ or a Random Number Generator and pick the pokemon associated with the number and see how far you can go.

Do better than Keizaron dying to a 1hp Magikarp

View: https://youtu.be/7GHdAtbPYvo?t=1376

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I did one match of Gym Leader Castle and man, as expected this does not hit without Pokemon transferred in. I'll probably get some use out of the minigames but I'll just be hoping that one day they add compatibility of some sort to anything.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
am i one of the few people who played with mostly rentals as a kid
No, I did that too. Definitely didn't have a team of level 100 Pokemon on hand to battle with.

I think I beat everything in Round 1 of Stadium except for the last two Cups in Poke Cup. I hit a wall there with rentals. Round 2 would probably eviscerate me lol

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When people say they want Pokémon to be hard again, they mean pokemon stadium with rentals.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
It's very funny seeing all the Transfer Pak references on the box art and in-game. The functionality's gotta be coming, but it's bizarre they launched without it. It'll be fun trying to get some of these rentals to work, the movesets are NONSENSE lmao.

Minigames are still GOAT though.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Rentals only? That's like releasing the game with only hard mode. Worth it for the hype title screen you get for beating everything.

IzzyRX