Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Now that i think about it, kinda funny that Starwars, one of the other "biggest media franchises" in the world is so afraid of reviews for their game that has been(as far as i have seen) completely positively reccieved, that they dont allow reviews in europe till 6h after launch, while Pokemon with all the criticism has no issue with reviews coming out days in advance.
Talk about being confident in your product.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that i think about it, kinda funny that Starwars, one of the other "biggest media franchises" in the world is so afraid of reviews for their game that has been(as far as i have seen) completely positively reccieved, that they dont allow reviews in europe till 6h after launch, while Pokemon with all the criticism has no issue with reviews coming out days in advance.
Talk about being confident in your product.

Well, EA has been burned by Star Wars quite recently tbf.
But yeah, considering how good Respawn's game looks like, it's probably selling it too short.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Just watched the final trailer the jp yt channel posted an hour ago.
They nailed the football(soccer for the muricans) stadium atmosphere, complete with stupid and redicoulus fans cheering.
I love it.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Included myself in the FriendDex. Hope we can get some good Raids and trades in. Going for the complete dex, never done it. Had 144 Pokemons in Blue until someone stole my game.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Interested in this as release draws closer but been so disconnected from Pokemon the last few years. This just contains so much stuff I have zero idea about I wouldn't know where to start. Would love to sink hours in again but I just don't think I can do it. CONFLICTED.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Interested in this as release draws closer but been so disconnected from Pokemon the last few years. This just contains so much stuff I have zero idea about I wouldn't know where to start. Would love to sink hours in again but I just don't think I can do it. CONFLICTED.
The game will ease you into the new additions and we will be there if you have any question.

You know what to do ;)

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Staying team pure makes me think this game will be my GOTY. I am so excited to play on Friday. No one's complaints are going to make me like this game any less than I would otherwise. I will play it and judge for myself. I mean this is our first big Pokemon adventure that we can play on our TV's on the best Nintendo console ever IMO. It's what I've been wanting since Gen I. The QOL features make me so excited to finally play online extensively, plus with the ranking battles it's going to be great.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Staying team pure makes me think this game will be my GOTY. I am so excited to play on Friday. No one's complaints are going to make me like this game any less than I would otherwise. I will play it and judge for myself. I mean this is our first big Pokemon adventure that we can play on our TV's on the best Nintendo console ever IMO. It's what I've been wanting since Gen I. The QOL features make me so excited to finally play online extensively, plus with the ranking battles it's going to be great.

Right? I've been wanting this game for 20 years. Freaking hyped.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I'm new to Resetera so when we can see the OT thread? Is there any rules about when you can create it before the game release?
Probably tomorrow at 5pm UTC-6

And here's everything you need to know about OTs

www.resetera.com

The |OT| |OT|: Index, Volunteer, Coordinate, & Collaborate [Read OP!] OT

The index is up-to-date as of post #4477 on April 17, 2024 The latest update to the index was made 2024-04-17 18:04:20 Europe/Amsterdam ago. (all claims posted are valid whether they're listed in the index or not, as long as they adhere to the criteria outlined below) Skip to the Claim Index...

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon games are pretty self-contained. They will explain all the mechanics and stuff.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If LGP can get an 80 I don't see any reason why SwSh won't muster that at minimum tbh. Even with all the cut stuff, I can't imagine most reviewers actually have the time of day or actual capacity to care about a Pokémon completionist run unless the main game just straight up isn't appealing.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If LGP can get an 80 I don't see any reason why SwSh won't muster that at minimum tbh. Even with all the cut stuff, I can't imagine most reviewers actually have the time of day to care about a Pokémon completionist run.

Personally expecting a solid 87-88, in line with how SuMo has been reviewing, and based on the glowing previews of last month.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm bouncing out of this thread and the final trailer. See yall suckas on the other side (the ot)

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I put the trailer on and rotated my phone to the side lol. The urge to watch was too strong but I still technically avoided seeing it, only my wife did. This way I can tell myself I've 'seen it' but realistically I heard it if anything. It killed my urge to actually watch the trailer enough though so staying spoiler free until launch now should be a breeze

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
Could someone confirm if a certain new pokémon is exclusive to a version? I don't want to search the information myself since the datamining has started.

Galarian Corsola and Cursola. Can they be caught in Sword?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
It will review well, and it'll prove fans overreacting shocker.
I don't know if that's fair, I think a lot of the dedicated fans expect it to both sell well and review well despite their concerns. We've had the whole 3DS generation to teach us that what the average reviewer grades the game on is different from what people who've put hundreds of hours into every game would.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
And I bet a lot of people will love Sword and Shield too, but that doesn't mean I was overreacting when Y was so disappointing I dropped it 5 gyms in after completing every previous mainline game multiple times.
No it means your opinion is subjective and doesn't reflect the general fandom, doesn't actually prove reviewers not to know anything about the games.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
No it means your opinion is subjective and doesn't reflect the general fandom, doesn't actually prove reviewers not to know anything about the games.
I didn't say they don't know anything, I said they're clearly grading the games on different things than I (and many others who don't love XY) would. Their opinion isn't less valid or anything, that's just my explanation for why I'm not expecting the game to bomb on MC despite my reservations.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
I didn't say they don't know anything, I said they're clearly grading the games on different things than I (and many others who don't love XY) would. Their opinion isn't less valid or anything, that's just my explanation for why I'm not expecting the game to bomb on MC despite my reservations.
Ok but we can agree it will stop the hyperbole reaction of oh no game is broken or unfinished.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
yep. people need to realize that not everyone hated the 3DS era.

X/Y are hella flawed games. Too easy. Dumb story. Too linear. No post game. Despite all of that they are still solid games that most people had a good time with (for me a lot of it was the novelty of 3d pokemon and a nice variety of pokemon despite the lower count of new ones).

Sun/Moon are a step up from X/Y IMO but also have flaws. Too many cutscenes. Pokemon distribution sucked ass. Handholding as fuck. Still rather linear. BUT they were harder. Had an actual story (let down by the "final boss" but still). And added regional forms, something that will be awesome to look forward to going forward.

You see there is more to criticism than "THIS THING SUCKS ASS FUCKING GAME FREAK KILLED MAH DAWG". And just because things can be improved or done differently doesn't invalidate the entire product. I get it. You want to make sure your money is well spent and as close to perfection is the best way for that. Thats cool. But that doesn't mean everyone has to be on your train of sorrow either tho.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I liked XY at the time but as more time has passed the more I realize how flawed they were.

On the other hand I still love Sun/Moon

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
You see there is more to criticism than "THIS THING SUCKS ASS FUCKING GAME FREAK KILLED MAH DAWG". And just because things can be improved or done differently doesn't invalidate the entire product. I get it. You want to make sure your money is well spent and as close to perfection is the best way for that. Thats cool. But that doesn't mean everyone has to be on your train of sorrow either tho.
And I'd say ditto going the other way too, there's definitely been a little bit too much dismissal from both groups here.

We were joking in the spoiler thread that these two threads are basically the exact same mood, except we're all bitter because people try to dismiss our complaints and you're all bitter because people try to rain on your hype.

Two of my favourite games of all time.

Maybe there's a pattern.
I'm with you. New Vegas, VtM: Bloodlines, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls (hi Lost Izalith) too. There's something so compelling about games that are already great and feel like they're not even the full realization of that vision. You get to play a great game and fantasize about what could have been.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Game got dumped, everybody in #TeamPure get into your bunkers and delete the internet.
Got a feeling these next few days are gonna be the most difficult...

nfvhUYw.gif

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
I completely missed the train of impressions on X/Y, I played them close to the time but I wasn't reading anything about them online. Can anyone give a short overview of why people didn't like them? I loved them, it was the first Pokemon game where I bought both copies because I loved it so much.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
So since I don't have an answer to this guess I can post here for people to speculate. In the newest trailer we can see the trainer doing some sort of ballon popping minigame on the bike in the wild area. Wonder what that's about.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering about it, so I checked up the scores of all mainline Pokémon games on MC and found the results quite surprising
X/Y: 88
HGSS: 87
BW: 87
SuMo: 87
DP: 85
USUM: 84
Platinum: 83
ORAS: 83
RS: 82
FRLG: 81
BW2: 80 (criminal)
LGPE: 80
Emerald: 76 (!!!!)

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Could someone confirm if a certain new pokémon is exclusive to a version? I don't want to search the information myself since the datamining has started.

Galarian Corsola and Cursola. Can they be caught in Sword?
Shield exclusive. Sorry.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
And I'd say ditto going the other way too, there's definitely been a little bit too much dismissal from both groups here.

We were joking in the spoiler thread that these two threads are basically the exact same mood, except we're all bitter because people try to dismiss our complaints and you're all bitter because people try to rain on your hype.
Which is fair enough, you know I've been in the other thread yesterday and had civilized discussions with a lot of people but I take issue with:
1- people who haras Masuda and Game Freak
2- people calling us sheep thinking they are rebellious because they don't like a Pokemon game
3- people spreading misinformation
4- people attacking Serebii
5- people coming to a spoiler free thread spreading spoilers thinking they are saving people who are already decided on buying the game like they are adding something new.

And to be honest they are a very loud minority of the loud minority.