• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I dropped it about a week after release because of how slow it is and I hate the gen 7 dex. I can't remember what the opening is actually like but i think I'm in the last quarter of the game and it's still excruciatingly slow. It seems every time you get to a new screen there's a cutscene. Probably the least enjoyable Pokémon game. I wonder if USUM are better in that regards.
USUM only improved the dex, better variety. Makes the story worse because they ruined Lusamine. Ultra Necrozma was an artificial increase of difficulty because it outsped your team and would one shot everything.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
USUM only improved the dex, better variety. Makes the story worse because they ruined Lusamine. Ultra Necrozma was an artificial increase of difficulty because it outsped your team and would one shot everything.

Man it still disappoints me to hear that. I would've grabbed USUM for sure if they improved the pacing and actually gave us a sequel narrative instead of just jumbling shit up.

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
Only 4 days in some countries to roam free through the Wild Area!

FMQWchNA.gif

CWGRuDRH.gif

o33aU69d.gif

LxUMNGPb.gif

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
Just looking at how big it is when you're actually in it... It's crazy to finally get a Pokémon game like this. Man, Gen 9 is going to be crazy.

Yeah I'm pretty hyped for Gen 9 now, the difference between XY and SM was very notorious so if they accomplish something similar with the second gen on the switch we're in for a treat. I just want them to fix/add two things: proper scale on battles and following Pokémon.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
Yeah I'm pretty hyped for Gen 9 now, the difference between XY and SM was very notorious so if they accomplish something similar with the second gen on the switch we're in for a treat. I just want them to fix/add two things: proper scale on battles and following Pokémon.
More than following, I would love some rideable Pokémon.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
I hope the review thread won't have any people accidentally spoiling unrevealed content.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I will be less apprehensive of popping into the OT with those rules.

(Assuming I am able to tear myself away from the games at all, that is)

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
the day gif finally dies will be a beautiful day indeed

AlienatedImprobableFawn-max-1mb.gif

The Galar forms names should also be spoiler tagged.
Ooops, forgot about that.

I think this is fair. Longer than a week would make the OT a bit boring with all the spoiler tags.
I think this is fine, a week is a good margin.
Thanks for the feedback!

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, my game will unlock this week. And then within a month or two, I can finally go back to Twitter for my fanart feed.

I hope the review thread won't have any people accidentally spoiling unrevealed content.
The review thread is gonna be a hot mess for several reasons other than accidental spoilers. Though, I'm avoiding every Pokemon thread mainly because of them.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Just thinking today how it great it is to be to be training a Pokemon and have no idea when it will evolve or what it will evolve into. Unless it says in the Pokedex how to evolve the Pokemon. I've always just looked at Serebii for instructions, but this time, I plan on avoiding Serebii even, until I finish the main campaign.

Just got the Pokemon background from Tetris 99 this morning so I can finally switch from the Splatoon 2 background I've been using.

I was thinking today that Pokemon is really the only large media franchise that I am interested in and how it's my Star Wars.

There are 8 Star Wars films, and 8 Pokemon generations. Lots of nostalgia for the first entries, loud hostile fanbase.

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
I can't see the embargo lifting tomorrow with it being a public holiday in a lot of Europe. Most likely it will be Tuesday at the earliest.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to see when it auto saves but with the new QoL features regarding competitive stuff it seems I will have less reason to want to soft reset for stuff.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Maybe it's just because I didn't like these guys as much as the last gen's starters, but I thought last gen's final evos were way worse
I really liked Decidueye (Owl with the bow and arrow, cmon!) and Incineroar (it's a luchador! cmon what's not to love). Water one was god awful; overall I thought SunMoon as a whole was rather weak, whereas I think this generation has better designs but significantly worse legendaries and starters.

I think this might be the first time I genuinely despise (not even dislike) how all the starter evolutions look haha. Usually there's at least one where I'm like "okay, this is my boi" but now I am just looking at them and thinking which one I hate the least, Sobble is definitely not gonna be picked, his third evo might be my least favorite starter ever made, by a long shot. (pun intended)

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Just as a warning to you guys, there's people streaming the game right now. They're taking the streams down quickly, but watch out just in case.