Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be weeping inside of my pillow if Scorbunny's evos suck
Currently torn between Scorbunny and Grookie myself.

I usually lean more towards grass starters but Scorbunny made a beeline for my heart as soon as I saw him do this in the trailer:

akay9r3.gif

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
If 4chan is really that worried about Nintendo, couldn't they just be deleting anything they think looks real without knowing whether it is or not?

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Currently torn between Scorbunny and Grookie myself.

I usually lean more towards grass starters but Scorbunny made a beeline for my heart as soon as I saw him do this in the trailer:

akay9r3.gif

I knowww. He's front and center in all of this promotional stuff for a reason. Really makes me hope they've done a great job with his evos.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Sobble's evolution reminds me of Greninja, I hope that's not the case for his final evolution, I want him to be his own thing

Oct 27, 2017
Only times the final evo disappointed for me was the grass starter in Gen VI and the water in Gen V. Man, Oshawott's final evo broke my heart.

"Wow, he's going to evolve into a badass samurai. I really should have picked.."

"Turns into Samurott"

Nevermind.
As someone who went playing black and white blindly ,seeing his final evo made me regret picking him

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Just speaking intuitively as a Pokemon fan who's followed tons of leaks, fake or not, these feel absolutely real to me. Their designs just have certain mannerisms that match up with what Pokemon usually look like. It's very difficult to create a convincing looking fakemon. They just feel "off" in a way that can be hard to put into words.

When the gen 7 starters leaked, I felt similarly. The designs and art style were very authentic.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
These look legit on the surface, however they fall apart when you stop to think about it:
  • Why are the images in a different aspect ratio? Did the leaker just randomly decide to crop a bit of the edges out of the sobble evo's screenshot?
  • Why is the red thing not in the Sobble evo screenshot? It could be that it doesn't show up if it is indeed cropped, but still, quite suspect.
  • There is a capture button built into the switch. If this leaker was going to upload to twitter anyway, why would he upload the images with a potato quality camera and not use the in-game feature that has practically in-game quality and also allows direct uploading to the same platform?
  • Where is the Scorbunny Evo? You can assume that they deleted the account before he could upload it, but that doesn't make much sense considering you can send multiple twitter messages as a group, or attach 4 images to a single tweet. Also, this guy had enough time to play the first hour or so of the game to evolve both Grookey and Sobble, but not Scorbunny?
Everything points to the leaker having Grookey and showing off Hop's Sobble2 in the PokéDex (you can see the caught/seen ratio on top). As for using the direct Switch upload, that would make him be instabanned from Nintendo online.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
Sobble looks like that emo Spider Man 3 Peter Parker. I actually hate that evo if true.

f00ec627f84fcf98c6d6505f39f2dfa4.jpg

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
I think they're definitely real purely by the transparent outline the game has on every model, something that every 3D model leak fails to do.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The bargaining stage people get into when starters leak, every time, without fail, is really something else.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'm not liking about Grookey2 is how plain the feet look. Makes it look like he's wearing a full body suit.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Ah I've been waiting for this thread *sets up a tent*
Not a fan of GF's marketing approach with these games so gimme all the juicy details.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
remind me of the days people picking apart the greninja leak and sure as shit turned out to be legit

Status
Not open for further replies.