• under 70

Votes: 23 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
............That can't be true, it just can't.

stupid? more like masterful game design! What a dumb hater for wanting standard features in other videogames, ugh!

w5vDZ4f.jpg

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
Death Stranding and Pokémon will probably be some of the best review threads this year and they're back to back. Will be interesting to see how the same posters react to negative reviews.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised at everyone being surprised by X/Y's score. Terrible post-game, non-existent story, and Lumiose City glitch aside, that game had a lot of customization options, a decent amount of polish in its presentation, and probably the best online in any Pokemon game to date.

And to say it for the fifth time on this website, I'm still upset we never got a third version.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
credit where it's due. The models were very efficient and they did all 700 of them + rigging + animations. Mad respect for Pokemon XY
It also has the best online in the series. These two things carried that game a lot at launch. After people got used to 3D and the online XY got bumped down to worst generation.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Because it's a fun game with a huge focus of bringing the old and new players back? Also because its a good game that most people liked?
it's not bad at all, i had a ton of fun with it and it's probably my most played Pokemon game of all time, but i don't think its better than either of those two games in hindsight

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
I think maybe 78. It's going to be interesting to see the general reactions to the new directions this gen is taking.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing B2W2 as the lowest of the main core games is sad af not gonna lie.
That's how I felt about the game at the time tbh.

I had Poké burnout and Gen 5 did not do anything to remedy it. Meanwhile Gen 6 felt a lot more fresh and exciting at the time in terms of what it offered, made more of an impression.

Though I generally think the gap in quality between Pokémon generations is a lot smaller than the reviews would imply.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I'm surprised at everyone being surprised by X/Y's score. Terrible post-game, non-existent story, and Lumiose City glitch aside, that game had a lot of customization options, a decent amount of polish in its presentation, and probably the best online in any Pokemon game to date.

And to say it for the fifth time on this website, I'm still upset we never got a third version.
Keep waiting, Pokemon Z must be right around the corner right now!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

DentalHonoredBigmouthbass-size_restricted.gif

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's not bad at all, i had a ton of fun with it and it's probably my most played Pokemon game of all time, but i don't think its better than either of those two games in hindsight

Well must reviews are done in the moment and the hype cycle leading up to Black/White was lesser compared to the campaign for X/Y. Also, it's a point, that's meaningless at that stage especially for metacritic.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

It kinda says something when a common game-breaking glitch didn't impact the game's scores.