• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught a giga duraludon on my first try and man do i not actually know what to do with it

like, whats the point of locking gigantomax to after beating most of the game if theres no real content to use them on? Theyre not gonna stay in competitive so theyre just trophies sitting on your shelf that you can only see in specific circumstances

I like Dynamax as a thing but gigantomax is the most halfbaked bullshit that feels like its only there to give pikachu, charizard, and eevee an excuse to get fanservice. ugh.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
How does the game hand hold so much but gave no indication that you can see your EVs and IVs in the main menu just by pressing X

there's not even a HUD indictor that says "X: see EVs/IVs" at the bottom.
there's nothing. Ridiculous

so I found out hours into the game. Unless I missed Hop or someone pointing it out.

Hm, the town of the 7th badge was really disappointing, although it had a cool look.
the back half of the game is pretty rushed.
If you haven't already, something that is a big deal is supposed to happen, but you just see a picture of it lol.
and the 8th gym is.....

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
So how do Identify my Sinistea for authenticity.
If you don't have any of the evolution items, you can check summary and click one of the sticks to make it do an attack animation. One of the animations is particularly good at showing the bottom of the cup. A non shiny authentic Sinistea will have a little blue logo on the bottom.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
I am looking for to partner with another serious competive breeder for 5 IVS, HA and egg moves. We can work together and share different male egg groups to make breeding faster. I can offer now spares of 5IVs both Adamant/Jolly in the egg groups Field/Dragon. PM me for more.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana

Polygon did an article about how pointless raids are now, and I'm glad they did. Game Freak either needs to patch this out, or the entire stamp system is broken a mere week after release.

aaah so that explains the infinite, un-joinable raids lol

I've been totally disconnected from the forums and stuff this week, so I don't know about most of the exploits and tricks that people have found

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The ost of this game is amazing.

i dont like pokemon music in general, but this game is A+ material. My wife keeps asking me to hear the music from the game...man, congrats to gamefreak.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
huh... I actually failed vs the ghost trainer, was not expecting that given how easy the game's been so far lol.

Mah boy

538.png

failed me hard against the ghost trainer, I only learned after that Fighting types are useless vs those, and I had 2 of them with me, plus some lowish levels (in the 30s). Tbh even when I beat her next I actually lost most of my pokemon, I dont really have good ghost types as I dont really care for them. Oh well at least it's done now.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've barely had time to play this. ;-; Still at the first gym challenge. I've really enjoyed the little I've played, though.

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
Can you join other people in raid battles using the link code option if they are not on your Switch friend list? Or is it mandatory to add each other to be able to fight raids using codes?

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Is it harder to catch Pokemon?

I spent 30 Great Balls trying to catch deli bird (level 27, in the red, I have the water badge)

Spent like 20 great balls for drifloon

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
When you go the the Pokedex menu, it shows Pokemon nearby that you didn't catch.

Apparently these Pokemon are more likely to spawn because of this.

If you catch all the Pokemon shown, the list reactualize and you have another set of Pokemon.

After you finish your Pokédex you continue to get daily "swarms" which can help if you're trying to get a shiny with the KO Method

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
huh... I actually failed vs the ghost trainer, was not expecting that given how easy the game's been so far lol.

Mah boy

538.png

failed me hard against the ghost trainer, I only learned after that Fighting types are useless vs those, and I had 2 of them with me, plus some lowish levels (in the 30s). Tbh even when I beat her next I actually lost most of my pokemon, I dont really have good ghost types as I dont really care for them. Oh well at least it's done now.
No dark type moves in the party? That's usually the ghost killer

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
How does the game hand hold so much but gave no indication that you can see your EVs and IVs in the main menu just by pressing X

there's not even a HUD indictor that says "X: see EVs/IVs" at the bottom.
there's nothing. Ridiculous

so I found out hours into the game. Unless I missed Hop or someone pointing it out.
The game has so many duplicate and hidden button actions. Do you know how to activate LAN mode? That's super-tacked on.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Someone sent me a Feebas via Wonder Trade <3

Also, when joining a 5* raid via the stamps: does the different color on the stamp (sometimes the Pokemon is in front of a red or a yellow background) hold any significance?

Last edited:

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
How does this Destiny Knot thing work. Isn't it supposed to have a child inherit 5 of the IV's from the parent that has it equipped.

I have a 5 IV Ditto and I just breeded a Ninjask to get a Nincada and it's overall stats were "Good" and not Amazing as I was hoping for.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Breeding Regen Mareanie is probably the biggest breeding nightmare I have had to deal with

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Are certain Pokemon more likely to show up in raid battles under particular weather/time conditions? I'm trying to hunt down a Magic Bounce Natu/Xatu.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
The save isn't on the cartridge but your Switch

Oh shit.
First of all, thank you. For real? So, if I just hand over my game cartridge as is to my friend, he'll have a fresh game, essentially? Can't see any of my details at all, or affect my save file?

And second, you're in charge of Serebii.net? Sweet! I used that site a whole bunch back in the day. Thanks for all the hard work!

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I'm shiny hunting Impidimp, so far I have battled 350 in the fairy forest. Do the 500 Pokémon battled rule apply for it?

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So let's say I EV trained a Pokemon way back in B/W on the DS. If I were to transfer that Pokemon (via Home when it launches) to SWSH, will it retain its stats? I think I read something about a change of the way stats work and that it would reset them after a transfer but maybe I'm misremembering.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So let's say I EV trained a Pokemon way back in B/W on the DS. If I were to transfer that Pokemon (via Home when it launches) to SWSH, will it retain its stats? I think I read something about a change of the way stats work and that it would reset them after a transfer but maybe I'm misremembering.

It should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.