• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I have to kill 500 Impidimp's then catch 25 of them to Maximize my Shiny chances?

I'm interpreting it as:

number battled = number of Pokemon of said species KOed

chain = consecutive encounter chain (wording from the actual Tweet)

Rather than needing to catch 25, the tweet text makes it sound like the chain is just encounters. I'm trying to figure out which it is though.

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Hello fellow Pokemon Trainers!

I bought this game fairly blindly and my last game was Pokemon Red/Blue on the Gameboy.

Does this game have actually some side dungeons/story except the main gym battles? I really would like to know what kind of story progression this one has.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, do you have a link?

I only have these on me:

Signature move Snipe Shot:

ilPN0ugr.jpg

There was a point where I was close to picking Cinderace, but I just couldn't get over its derpy looking face lol

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Either I'm just going super slow, or it's just a really long journey to that first gym.
At around 6 hours now, and still just before Milo.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
So I've played 6 hours and I only just got to Motostoke. Yeah, I don't think I'm finishing this in less than 40.

cyappu

Jun 4, 2019
Ok just sniped this photo of the three starter evos from the Japanese guide book at a store in Tokyo.

44-B92-AE6-D01-A-484-A-B1-A5-F6189-F3507-EA.jpg

Inteleon looks great :o

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
Just going to bed now after 2.5 hours play and just arriving into the Wild Area (with a bit of exploring too before logging off)...

Man I love it. What a "breath of fresh air" so to speak.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I preordered and paid in full at a gamestop's weeks ago and today I get a voicemail that they are releasing it early at 11pm and that I can get in line at 6pm. Like what the actual fuck, why would I stand in line for 5 hours when I can wake up and pick it up. I'm going to leave scathing reviews and emails to the board if they sell the copy I have reserved.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
If you take your time you can easily go past the 20 hour mark if you do some raids and stuff too, it's just the same length as all other Pokemon games.

This article describes three journalists playing the game. They all spent > 40 hours playing it before they finished. I'm sure if you're main goal is just to beat the game champ/elite four/etc, and you don't enjoy catching/finding all of the pokemon, it's going to be much shorter.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This article describes three journalists playing the game. They all spent > 40 hours playing it before they finished. I'm sure if you're main goal is just to beat the game champ/elite four/etc, and you don't enjoy catching/finding all of the pokemon, it's going to be much shorter.

A poster here beat the game at around 16 hours after battling every trainer and going into every building, only focusing on catching and building up a team of six. That's more or less my playstyle, so I am curious about datapoints for other players of this style. Every other Pokemon game pretty consistently takes me 25-30 hours to reach the credits.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
A poster here beat the game at around 16 hours after battling every trainer and going into every building, only focusing on catching and building up a team of six. That's more or less my playstyle, so I am curious about datapoints for other players of this style. Every other Pokemon game pretty consistently takes me 25-30 hours to reach the credits.
It was 17* and he only caught 31 Pokemon, how is that focused on catching? He also said he avoided the wild area mostly.

Edit: seriously should tell the full truth when trying to make a point.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It was 17* and he only caught 31 Pokemon, how is that focused on catching? He also said he avoided the wild area mostly.

Edit: seriously should tell the full truth when trying to make a point.

You misread my post.

only focusing on catching and building up a team of six.

"Catching and building up a team of six" is an entire action that I am describing. Please pump the breaks and do not accuse me of trying to lie or misrepresent anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.