Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah no, that isn't what you've been saying. You've been going: "Don't complain and don't buy the game"

All the while also being spiteful and going: "I hope they never include all Pokemon again!"

Your just as pathetic as the people your trying to condemn.
I never told anyone they can't complain. But there is a time for everything and a serious thread like this isn't it.
But sure, I'm pathetic because I hurt the feelings of peaceful protesters.

Ashflow

Feb 13, 2018
US
Okay, let's back up here. The first part of my post was responding to what I thought was a post trying to downplay the implications of that was INDEED the reason. I don't actually believe that was the reason why it was cancelled, I thought you were saying something else. I see now that wasn't your intention, but please understand that this is a very tense thread and bad readings can happen when you have something triggering your anxiety, at least in my case. I deeply apologize for my mistaken reply, but that that last part wasn't a disclaimer to save face, it's my actual thoughts on the situation.
Fair enough, I'll drop it.

This thread's not good for anybody's health I feel like.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
As someone who has played every mainline Pokemon since R/B, it is absolutely embarassing how upset people are about the missing Pokemon. Who the fuck has time to "catch 'em all" at this point, there are seriously 1000 of them now. With literally so many other games to play, it seems excess to put so much energy into being mad about this one.
The whole point was to catch them all over several generations and transfer them forward each time.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
You haven't played a Pokémon game in 15 years, so it's understandable that you don't understand the point.

However people that spent this 15 years actually playing and supporting the series you abandoned probably see the point.

That person's post says he played every game since R/B, not that he hasn't played since R/B.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has played every mainline Pokemon since R/B, it is absolutely embarassing how upset people are about the missing Pokemon. Who the fuck has time to "catch 'em all" at this point, there are seriously 1000 of them now. With literally so many other games to play, it seems excess to put so much energy into being mad about this one.
Hey I've been there since Red and Blue.

Shockingly, people have different openions then you do. Some people want to keep all pokemon on principal, some are upset their favorite was cut, some are upset at examples of blatant bias.

Why do you care so much about what others value?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The full dex got leaked already.
I know it got leaked. I'm saying the fact that it got leaked alone doesn't mean there aren't certain Pokémon in that dex and unique battles that only become available in the post-game. But I haven't played it yet and I'm generally avoiding any actual game spoilers.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I don't understand why did they do that, they can't handle criticism? Or are they afraid something crazy will happen? I hope for their safety from some crazy fans.

But i still stand with my criticism of the pokedex cut, I'm not going to change my mind about how bad it is for the franchise, i just hope they listen to the criticism and try to do their best to deliver in the next games.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I never told anyone they can't complain. But there is a time for everything and a serious thread like this isn't it.

A serious thread would be if they had actual quantifiable evidence.

If the article had said: "We have gotten word from GameFreak that this was due to security reasons" or something along those lines, you'd be right.

But the article goes instead: "Well, we're guessing this is probably related to Dexit and that they probably got death threats and decided to cancel"

If you can't tell the difference between the two, then that's on you.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you always says this but constantly hound people who complain so apparently it's okay to complain if it gives you a free pass to be annoying to anyone who complains

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I hope they cut more pokemon!" "Oh boy here come Death Threat defenders" In response to what you consider a serious thread.

Truly the shining beacon of maturity.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Connecting a cancellation to "dexit protesters" (what a disgusting term) seems like a genuine atempt to rile up and divide a fanbase while getting the most clicks possible. 🤔

And it's working.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
I've definitely seen some unwarranted attacks on him, but threats?

And before anyone tries to use that question out of context, I am of course not suggesting that threats being more severe than abuse excuses singling him out for derision.

Edit: phrasing

Here was his last post on what he's experienced from the community (not this community specifically, the Pokemon community as a whole)

I mean when you have people attacking Game Freak staff continually on Twitter, calls to be fired, nitpicking everything even though it's unrelated to the cuts, constant harassment, false claims made against them.

Hell, I've even been hit by it, the same attacks, the same harassment, the same false claims and it's fucking demorallising as hell, and I just run a fansite. There have been times I just wanted to give it up and I'm not getting 10% of the crap Game Freak are by a very vocal minority

Like the cull sucks, 100% sucks and I wish it wasn't happening, but the very vocal minority parts of the community's behaviour over the past 5 months has been disgusting and has made me ashamed to be a part of it

I don't know if it's true, but it bloody wouldn't surprise me. People can make their voices heard and express their displeasure but they have crossed the line and gone way too far. The behaviour is unacceptable

Here I've only seen insults and some harassment targeted at him, but again, mods have been pretty responsive to reports

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
A serious thread would be if they had actual quantifiable evidence.

If the article had said: "We have gotten word from GameFreak that this was due to security reasons" or something along those lines, you'd be right.

But the article goes instead: "Well, we're guessing this is probably related to Dexit and that they probably got death threats and decided to cancel"

If you can't tell the difference between the two, then that's on you.
I can tell the difference. I still believe it's disrespectful however. This thread isn't about cut Pokémon, but the cancelled event and its potential causes.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
Hey I've been there since Red and Blue.

Shockingly, people have different openions then you do. Some people want to keep all pokemon on principal, some are upset their favorite was cut, some are upset at examples of blatant bias.

Why do you care so much about what others value?

All the pokemon still exist and will continue to exist and can be still used in multiple games. Some just don't appear in Galar.

It's hard not to care about what others value when any pokemon discussion since E3 has been dominated with what others value. Very loudly.

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
Because for some of us, the collection aspect of Pokemon is the most important part (especially as of the 3DS gens when the stories were all paper thin, the main game presented no challenge whatsoever and postgame was non existent), I enjoy having my living dex because it's filled with pokemon I've had since Sapphire and not being able to bring all these pokemon I've had for over a decade and add all the new ones to my collection basically kills any interest I had in the franchise plus it retroactively makes me feel like the years I've put into the franchise were as waste, I used to go back to old games and make new teams I hadn't used before and then bring them to the new games, why would I bother doing that now when I can't bring them with me?

I've had a lot of complaints with pokemon since XY, but I've always had an excuse for them to lessen the blow and I've always had the collection aspect to get me to buy the game, now I have no collection aspect and no excuse other than poor management so I can't support this franchise with my money any more.

Comparing it too fighting games is disingenuous because bringing pokemon with you has been an encouraged part of the series for over a decade, they even got us to pay for a subscription service to facilitate it further.
This is 100% my feelings too. Not to mention working hard and taking time off to go to Gamestop, Target, etc to get legendaries and mythicals. While it hasn't been confirmed yet since the games have not been datamined, it's highly likely that no mythical Pokémon will be in the Galar Dex - except for Mew. And I have a Mew in Gen 7 copy so I could transfer it up to Sword/Shield copy but for most people Mew is locked behind a $50 external controller that is a separate purchase - The Pokeball Plus

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Mate, you're absolutely a shit stirrer, no matter how much you try to act like you're above it all.

Man, i've actually seen that narrative a lot. People saying "i'll buy more copies of the game just to show them how i don't give a fuck about the cuts".

Seriously, the "high and mighty" side on this discussion it's as worse as the shit posters.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. They just won't do it.

Why would you do it?

If they want to break the chains that bind them

If they double back on it.. it will just set the old precedent back in place and they will be forced to rip the band aid all over again once the day comes that they want to do something different

They bungled this whole thing but honestly they should just stick with it and use the opportunity to take more risk with future titles

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why did they do that, they can't handle criticism? Or are they afraid something crazy will happen? I hope for their safety from some crazy fans.

But i still stand with my criticism of the pokedex cut, I'm not going to change my mind about how bad it is for the franchise, i just hope they listen to the criticism and try to do their best to deliver in the next games.

They typically have guards for these events. A childhood friend of mine who moved to Japan has been one at events that he met Masada at. If it's related to backlash I'd guess that they do not have anything ready that wouldn't damage brand reputation further if someone asks the wrong questions.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Thread has drawn first blood

I still think this is probably unrelated and Eurogamer is just stirring the pot for clicks as people fighting and linking to it benefits it directly.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All the pokemon still exist and will continue to exist and can be still used in multiple games. Some just don't appear in Galar.

It's hard not to care about what others value when any pokemon discussion since E3 has been dominated with what others value. Very loudly.
Look this isn't the thread for getting into this again but I despise the logic of "just play the old games and maybe in a few years you might get what you want."

By this logic why complain about any removed features. Get rid of character customization! Just go play X and Y if you want that.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Who says anything about being silenced?

We're frustrated because if you have anything remotely negative to say about Game Freak you're instantly lumped in with the absolute worst people in the fanbase.

In this thread we have had several people replying to posts from people not being angry at the cuts with stuff like "so i cant criticise them?????"

Practically everytime someone says the cuts dont bother them, certain people take that as someone saying nobody can be bothered by it.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, people can be pissed at dexit for reasons like their fav being cut while not going as far as harassing developers.
Just saying.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Angry manchildren are the worst ...but it gets extra embarrassing when the media relies on the outrage and will lead the narrative in whatever direction results in the most traffic.

Stay safe everyone and keep it together.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh sorry if I was spiteful against harassers saying they'd deserve more Pokémon to be cut. I'll try to be more mindful next time.
Yeah, because everyone disappointed has harassed Gamefreak and illogically cutting more Pokemon would only hurt them, right? Any time people on this site claim to want to do things out of spite to get back at other people who do things out of spite, I wonder if they see the irony. Clearly not.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In this thread we have had several people replying to posts from people not being angry at the cuts with stuff like "so i cant criticise them?????"

Practically everytime someone says the cuts dont bother them, certain people take that as someone saying nobody can be bothered by it.
I'll take your word for it but experience from previous threads these types of post are often framed as "well it doesn't bother me so why are you upset."

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thread has drawn first blood

I still think this is probably unrelated and Eurogamer is just stirring the pot for clicks as people fighting and linking to it benefits it directly.
The same happened with the low morale at GameFreak thread. I swear if it was any other company people would have assumed it was about crunch times and abuse.

Really the people who pushing the #nationaldex have zero willingness to do a real protest. The people I spoke to who uses the hashtag have no interest of going to Nintendo in person.

You know most aren't harassing the developers. But sure, paint that wide brush.
Sadly a lot of the people who are part of this group have been supporting people with real crappy idea of protesting. Don't forgot the twitter user saying they relate to being Hong kong protester.

Status
Not open for further replies.