• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Paradoxes shown before launch or after?

• Before

Votes: 145 41.9%
  • After

Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I mean granted things can change, but it doesn't mesh with how TPC operates and they want to control the reveals for games, and they'd say in advance to get eyes on it
do you still think a trailer this week is likely? I feel like the timing and the domain stuff is a good indicator but I'm not sure now since they usually post news on Tuesday

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I think it makes no sense to wait until January. I'm still on team this week, next week at the very latest. That new domain registration just adds fuel to the fire

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
If its this week its almost certainly tomorrow, though Thursday is possible since its the day of a unite pokemon drop and recently they drop unite pokemon on days with other pokemon stuff happening(Decidueye on BDSP release date for example)

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon has a very wide appeal and LA is a big open ish world game, so wouldn't it fit TGA?
It's not about the lack of appeal but the the lack of necessity. They can drop a trailer at any time and have million fans check it out or use a Pokemon Presents to push the games alongside other products and updates at the same time.

I don't see it being part of TGA.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
A trailer at TGA would cost Nintendo hundreds of thousands of dollars. Not that Nintendo doesn't have the money, but has has been pointed out here there is exactly zero benefit to them spending so much to share the stage with a bunch of other reveals, when they can just drop on a random weekday and own the news for that morning.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
You can say the same about Smash
DLC trailers featuring chacracters from series that haven't been as prominent on Nintendo Plattform and Pokemon aren't the same thing. Smash and it DLC trailers were an exception not the norm, also this was a Nintendo thing and they always have to give Geoff something, not the case for TPC.

Jul 19, 2020
Rugby Warwickshire England
DLC trailers featuring chacracters from series that haven't been as prominent on Nintendo Plattform and Pokemon aren't the same thing. Smash and it DLC trailers were an exception not the norm, also this was a Nintendo thing and they always have to give Geoff something, not the case for TPC.
Though this year it could be Pokemon that they are giving Geoff, Pokemon is actually getting nominated for stuff so I think it's possible.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
That's really inconvenient as replying defaults to the bottom one.
I think you are misunderstanding.

Clicking "Reply" puts that post in the reply box so you can reply to one post.

Clicking "Quote", right next to the reply button, allows you to select an infinite number of posts to reply to at once. You pick all your posts then click "Insert Quote" in the reply box at the bottom of the page.

Jul 19, 2020
Rugby Warwickshire England
I think you are misunderstanding.

Clicking "Reply" puts that post in the reply box so you can reply to one post.

Clicking "Quote", right next to the reply button, allows you to select an infinite number of posts to reply to at once. You pick all your posts then click "Insert Quote" in the reply box at the bottom of the page.
Oh I have never used that button so I wouldn't know.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Still thinking there won't be any news this month, it's not unusual for Pokémon to register subdomains certs more than 1 month in advance.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Idk I just don't think they would wait that long before showing new info, especially since its been over a month since the last trailer, which was just a form reveal. this week or next week just makes sense to me

Also as a side note the pokemon company has not tweeted all week so far, which is curious, maybe as a prep for a big blowout(probably just copium)

Last edited:

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why they would market BDSP at the same time of Legends every single time until release and then feel like they have to wait

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
7 days into the month some of ya'll ready to throw in the towel, such little faith

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Ok I think here might be some decent evidence for the believers here maybe. The pokemon twitter hasnt actually done anything besides retweets in like 3 days, which is exceedingly rare, maybe building up to something? Its probably nothing, but not tweeting for 2 weekdays in a row is weird

edit: Lmao RIP, never mind

Last edited:

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Team December all the way, I'll hold faith that the trailer is this week or next week

Reset the clock, its tomorrow or next week now

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
How we feeling December bros

It's so obvious what this is lmao some of the balls explode

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
The mini-game on the site has one of the pokeballs explode after a while, so yeah it's Voltorb.

I wonder if it's possible to remove all the non-exploding balls. I think the most I got was 8, but the screen was still pretty much full.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Is this our first time seeing the Great Ball equivalent to the old steam Pokeballs? And what might be an Ultra Ball equivalent with the purely black one?

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Its different from the zoroark trailer since that one was posted during prime trailer time(9 am EST) whereas this was posted randomly near the end of the day. Could lend itself to a quicker reveal cycle(maybe tomorrow or Friday, since I think Zoroark was revealed 2 days later anyway

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Can I be the one guy who predicts it at the game awards so if it happens, which is very slim imo, I can take all the credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.