Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Incredibly minor, but I'm a little bummed that they are sticking with the type symbols they introduced in BDSP. Some of them look a little odd to me

Tan

Oct 27, 2017
Fuecoco is clearly based on pimientos del piquillo rellenos de bacalao ("cod stuffed piquillo peppers")

char_p2-2x.png
31502420-%E3%82%A2%E3%83%9E%E3%83%88%E3%82%A6%E3%82%AC%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B7-%E3%83%87%E3%83%AB-%E3%83%94%E3%82%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A7-rellenos-%E3%83%87-%E3%82%BF%E3%83%A9%E3%80%81%E3%82%BF%E3%83%A9%E3%81%AE%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0-%E3%82%BD%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%80%81%E3%82%B9%E3%83%9A%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E6%96%99%E7%90%86%E3%81%A8%E8%B5%A4%E3%83%94%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3.jpg
This makes way more sense than an apple, thank you

alvmew

Nov 12, 2017
You can stop excusing it... These games sell 10s of millions of copies and this looks like a 720p ps2 game. Please stop saying this is OK. You can say that it doesn't bother you particularly, but this is way below average for a marquee release in 2022
Not every video game, video game creator, or video game player cares about graphics. Stop talking about that shit like we all decided that there's a minimum line or standard because clearly there isn't consensus. If people who don't mind the graphics have to frame their thoughts as their personal opinion, then those of you who want the graphics to be better should be doing the same, not this constant acting like objectively the video game is ruined because -you- don't like how it looks. Plenty of people do or don't give a shit and that's just as valid. Christ.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
The starters look interesting. I'm disappointed at how many old pokemon were shown, gone are the days where we get a region that is all new pokemon. And the game looks way too similar to sword and shield, you couldn't tell me those environments didn't get copy / pasted in from that game.

I get that but it's only a matter of time before they run out of ideas. They are pretty much at that point imo with some of the designs I've seen in previous gens.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
No, I wish the games looked better as well. But the argument will never be productive, GameFreak is clearly never going to appease the fans who want these games to look "better." It's a massive waste of time and it shifts focus away from things they have shown they actually care about improving, like gameplay changes as seen in Arceus.

I don't have a problem with people caring about the graphics, I do too. But I'm tired of it dominating these discussions.

I understand the sentiment. I do.

But it dominates the discussion because of GameFreak. And until they make a real effort to improve that aspect of the series, it will continue to dominate the discussion. I feel like any annoyance should be aimed at them rather than the people buying the games who keep getting let down by that specific aspect.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
In the best of cases, the battle system returns to what it was before but maintains the agility and the animations of Arceus.

Everything else was better in Sword/Shield battle system.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
This is cool, it's the direction I wanted them to take the series, but like others I feel like this is too close to Legends' release. BDSP and Legends within like 3 months, then gen 9 just a few months later. It feels like too much.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Sprigatito is a brilliant name. Im tempted to go with Grass for once rather than fire, we already have a red crocodile with Krookodile, I dont think we need a fire variant.

Hopefully the game doesnt look like ass and isnt a cakewalk like the last two gens.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
In the best of cases, the battle system returns to what it was before but maintains the agility and the animations of Arceus.

Everything else was better in Sword/Shield battle system.
That's what I'm hoping for. The Pokemon have their abilities back so I think it'll be the case.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Final boss of the game leaked. His signature pokemon is a Charizard. Picture of him riding it here:

Cli1PNuUsAAcKWC.png

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
I have 2 thoughts:

1) hopefully the effort level system either gets returned back to EV/IV system it is tweaked since it seemed to make battles very one sided.

2) of all the starters, the leaf cat looks kinda generic compared to the other 2 so I'm wondering what it's gonna evolve into.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Everything about this looks amazing. I love the starters, the look of the region, and the seamlessness of the open world. I'm excited to see more footage of this as time goes on. What will the catching mechanics be like? Battle system? One of the screenshots looks similar to PLA, so maybe you'll be able to move your character around in battle as well?

seroun

Banned
Oct 25, 2018
Thank you Twitter Spain for giving me a day to remember, this is amazing, I wish ppl could understand what's happening on the Spanish Internet rn

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the Fire Zodiac theory is busted. I don't think it's reasonable to say Fuecoco is supposed to be the snake.

Anyway, I gotta say, though the duck is just Ducklett with a pompadour and the cat is just grass Litten...this is a very strong trio of starters. I was really disappointed with SwSh's starters since all three of them are bipeds with big anime heads, there just wasn't any variety, and then they all grow up anthropomorphic.

If the grass cat's final evo is a biped, I swear to fucking god

War95

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
One of the "Alto Mando" leaked

(I wish with all my heart we get a Chiringuito reference in this)

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't take long to go back to 2 games unnecessarily again.. wonder if this will be return to "traditional" pokemon again too.
Feels they'd be disappointing now arceus has raised the bar.

EDIT: Now I see the trailer.. hard to tell if its exactly like arceus. Seems more in between Sword/Shield and Arceus perhaps. Still 2 games existing is disappointing. Seeing Arceus sold more than both Diamond/Pearl before, doesn't even matter in terms of sales. Hopefully just the outfit change as they state, but bet it'll involve pokemon changes too.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
One of the "Alto Mando" leaked

(I wish with all my heart we get a Chiringuito reference in this)

TIC TAC

Didn't take long to go back to 2 games unnecessarily again.. wonder if this will be return to "traditional" pokemon again too.
Feels they'd be disappointing now arceus has raised the bar.
Arceus combat sucked, and this game seems to copy the good parts of the overworld design from Arceus. Hopefuly you can catch pokemon without battling them in here too.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
This feels like the culmination of all the Switch games so far. They actually took what fans wanted and put it into a single game with seemingly no caveats. Only thing left I want from the series from a features standpoint is voice acting.

limone

Feb 4, 2022
Italy
Meh I was hoping that after Arceus they took some time to evolve the franchise and reach the level of productions that's normal outside Pokemon world, but apparently that isn't the way.
I'll probably skip.

Jul 26, 2018