• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I own a weighted blanket and it really helps, but most of these things (weighted blankets, sleeping pills etc), work amazing for a couple of weeks and then their functionality starts to wear off. The weighted blanket definitely helps against moving in bed though. I love it.

I've been tempted to buy one but I've only seen them in stores for over $60. Is there any cheaper option online?

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
That was actually way better than I expected. Detective Pikachu 2 is coming as a Switch game, meaning it will probably at least be as good as the first one, and Pokémon Home looks like a potentially interesting evolution of Pokémon Bank.

The rest of it was kind either kind of whatever (Pokémon Sleep, the movies, the shirts), or bad, but in a relatively contained way (Pokémon Quest (it's really a bland, shallow, and entirely forgettable excuse for a game, so there's nothing to lose from NetEase touching it), Pokémon Masters (there is no way that isn't gacha)), but that still places this way above both of the previous press conferences

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I don't know how people can be bored by this conference when POKÉMON SLEEP WAS ANNOUNCED ASUJHDGASKJBDPIASHFPSIONFVIKSPJFHAIshdAIOHDJAIKSJHFPOASHIfoisdfóihjÓFIJÓSDFIJSÓGFIJS´DOGHIJSÓDFIGÓSDJFIÓFDHIJGB´JI

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I've been tempted to buy one but I've only seen them in stores for over $60. Is there any cheaper option online?
I have no idea. I've bought mine over a year ago and in my country (I live in the Netherlands) they aren't available in stores, so mine is custom-/handmade for my length and weight. It was super expensive, like 3 times+ as expensive as that $60 option you've got there, so I'd say go for it if it's a quality blanket. Mine consists of a lot of small pockets that are stitched together and filled with tiny plastic beads or whatever it is, which is a bitch to make by hand, haha.

Feb 15, 2019
I actually think this was one of the best conferences I've ever watched.

I was laughing nonstop the second Pokemon Sleep was announced and the fact that you can use your Pokemon go Plus Plus for your Pokemon Sleep.
As well as flying in the Niantic guy just to talk about Snorlax and leaving. And I even kinda like that Pokemon Masters mobile game. Brock rips off his shirt dude that's sick.

Not to mention some folks in some places getting ridiculously salty (like ridiculously. One guy in a Discord I'm in said this conference ruined his week lmao) is also pretty entertaining to watch.

Rotimi

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
on the strategy. I am looking forward to how they tackle this sleep game. Some may laugh but sleep health is a global issue that may soon be whats being majorly talked about and I am highly interested in how it turns out. Pokemon masters is the game I have been looking forward and didn't know it. regardless of monetization will be playing it.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That Detective Pikachu game must be pretty early in development though. The only thing they showed was the boxart of the 3DS game. They didn't even have a logo or an announcement if it's a port of the 3DS game with a new chapter/ending, or a completely new game.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
on the strategy. I am looking forward to how they tackle this sleep game. Some may laugh but sleep health is a global issue that may soon be whats being majorly talked about and I am highly interested in how it turns out. Pokemon masters is the game I have been looking forward and didn't know it. regardless of monetization will be playing it.
I kind of hope this is good because I always have sleep problems tbh, but I just didn't understand what is it about? what will the gameplay like? why announce it like that?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
one thing Im curious about:

is NetEase developing Pokemon Quest going forward? given the added features, it sounds like they are

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I have no idea. I've bought mine over a year ago and in my country (I live in the Netherlands) they aren't available in stores, so mine is custom-/handmade for my length and weight. It was super expensive, like 3 times+ as expensive as that $60 option you've got there, so I'd say go for it if it's a quality blanket. Mine consists of a lot of small pockets that are stitched together and filled with tiny plastic beads or whatever it is, which is a bitch to make by hand, haha.

Yeah the one I saw looked like that, like little squares/pockets, I saw it at a Target store in the US. Before that I had only seen them as a kickstarter project (I ignore if they're all the same, or the idea hasn't been patented and now everybody is doing them)

I'm really planning to get one, but I'll have to wait till the end of the year 'cause Summer is around the corner anyways.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
The perfect opportunity for them to bring back the vitality sensor, combine it with Sleep, and call it Pokemon Nurse.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Detective Pikachu game must be pretty early in development though. The only thing they showed was the boxart of the 3DS game. They didn't even have a logo or an announcement if it's a port of the 3DS game with a new chapter/ending, or a completely new game.
I suspect this is the UE4 game that was teased on Creature's website. we'll see

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh please. Very few E3 conferences are this bad. That's such an old joke. For the most part, E3 conferences are very, very well put together now.
The pacing is always terrible. Always.

Last year's Sony conference had some nice trailers but what I remember the most is the long musical interludes and some awkward moments where the presenters didn't know if the conference was over or not.

They are a relic of the past. The Direct format is more adequate for this... Era :v
And it's cool Sony it's embracing it too.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah the one I saw looked like that, like little squares/pockets, I saw it at a Target store in the US. Before that I had only seen them as a kickstarter project (I ignore if they're all the same, or the idea hasn't been patented and now everybody is doing them)

I'm really planning to get one, but I'll have to wait till the end of the year 'cause Summer is around the corner anyways.
It's fine in summer. Just don't use another blanket with it. Mine has a zipper in the middle so if it gets really hot I can always just unzip it and just don't cover my legs, but still have the functionality of a weighted blanket.

It's a pretty weird thing if you sleep with a partner though.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
The pacing is always terrible. Always.

Last year's Sony conference had some nice trailers but what I remember the most is the long musical interludes and some awkward moments where the presenters didn't know if the conference was over or not.

They are a relic of the past. The Direct format is more adequate for this... Era :v
I can see why you think that, but I disagree. Sony did slip last year for sure. But in general, E3 shows are for fans now. And they just pack more punch than a white-glove Direct...in my opinion. EA was always a little iffy because of the sports intermissions too.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017

I feel like I get the message now.

Also, I don't get the salt over this thread. This is clearly TPC doing business by themselves, nothing where Nintendo has real power, and all this casual experiences don't take away anything from the mainline games. Not to mention, mainline game news are coming in one week, so yeah.