Which will you throw in the PC Storage first?

• Pikachu

Votes: 590 16.2%
  • Eevee

Votes: 571 15.7%
  • Your hopes and dreams

Votes: 2,083 57.4%
  • Jmon

Votes: 387 10.7%

• Total voters

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Well....
maxresdefault.jpg

the no line citra stuff looks awful, always has.

They do, it'd probably be even more embarrassing if they did a Sun and Moon emulated comparison.

really cant tell if people are serious or not

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
3yjs4w.jpg

orasn0stq.png

Amazing upgrade, a true generation leap that looks like it's pushing the Switch hardware to the limit.

In terms of graphics we really could not ask for more. Absolutely incredible effort by Game Freak, bravo!

giphy9vrz2.gif

Pretty sure this is sarcasm but in case it isn't I'm nearly 100% sure this was a 3DS.game that Gamefreak were working on and Nintendo asked to port it to the switch. The real ground up developed switch game that comes out next year will look way better then this I bet. This was probably gonna be gamefreaks "Swan Song" to the 3DS that was coming out this year but Nintendo made them put it on the switch.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I assume no core online functions and having primarily Pokemon Go support also mean this doesn't support Pokemon Bank?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Correct on both. I guess it is an approach that causes a split in the fanbase, but I can't help feel that there are plenty of people here who don't care either way.

Like, people calling this the end of Pokémon. Just get out with that garbage.

Reminds me of the current rift in the Fire Emblem community

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
...wait, is breeding confirmed out? I guess if they're explicitly blocking anything but the 151 that'd make no baby Pokemon less awkward, but they better not have the one-off Pokemon setup from the original gen I games. Going back to the setup where someone needed to reset the game so you could both have all the Pokemon would be awful.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at these pictures also makes me really realize something else... Now that Pokémon just appear pretty much anywhere and everywhere on the overworld, what's, like, even the point of keeping the tall grass at all, when they're just going to appear everywhere anyway? Seems kinda silly and out of place in these games. Like I know that's really, really, just nitpicking, but still. What's the point of it being there, when it doesn't seem to mean anything at all anymore? Just seems like a weird trying-to-have-it-both-ways kinda thing and I'm not sure how I really feel about that at all.
You can probably still get random encounters in the grass.

NeonStars

Feb 23, 2018
Pretty sure this is sarcasm but in case it isn't I'm nearly 100% sure this was a 3DS.game that Gamefreak were working on and Nintendo asked to port it to the switch. The real ground up developed switch game that comes out next year will look way better then this I bet. This was probably gonna be gamefreaks "Swan Song" to the 3DS that was coming out this year but Nintendo made them put it on the switch.
Nah m8, you give Game Freak too much credit. It couldnt have possibly started off as a 3DS game, considering all the joy con functionality they are pushing with this.
Game Freak just obviously does not know how to take advantages of powerful hardware. Or maybe we'll see it in the 2019 game.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The issue with Mewtwo in gen 1 is that his stats just outshine everyone else to a hilariously unfair degree. If more of the stronger legendaries were around him being usable isnt really an issue but when he is the big dog only then vs goes to shit :P
Man, Gen 1 Mewtwo was a beast. Probably for the best that we don't see anything as busted again, but damn what a time to be alive that was.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it didn't even look like the Pokemon interacted with the environment at all. You'd think they'd at least but ducking in and out of the grass or something with the tall grass still there.
Part of the trailer literally has a Pidgeotto flying into a gate for like 3 seconds. The animations seem to just play at random

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
No random battles

No wild battles, you can only battle pokémon trainers

Why? How do people feel about this?
No Random Battles is not a big deal but No Wild Battles doesn't make sense. Also I don't understand why people doesn't think there wouldn't be Wild Battles? Just because they didn't show it doesn't mean their wouldn't be any? I watch the whole conference and not once did they say there wouldn't be Wild Battles. The hard sell is Pokemon Go catching in this game but seriously I think they haven't shown everything in this game yet. Just like I told everyone whom jump to the conclusion of that lapras picture being fake that end up being real and gorgeous looking in my eyes, wait until we see gameplay before judging. Same goes with the No Wild Battles assumption which I think it's bullcrap just to have the ability to bash the game.

Like I stated they haven't shown everything and I still say that the "Help Command" is to send Pokemon to help in Wild Battles. Also look at this picture blue bar, To me that is a HP Bar.
pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-lets-go-eevee-release-date-confirmed-coming-november-16.png

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I just can't see that based on the Pokémon Go integration. It seems more likely that these were pitched as 3DS games, but the tech wasn't there to accomplish Go integration. In terms of art style/design, I think it's just 100% a nostalgia grab. They want lapsed fans to come back with a less-intimidating game from the core titles. It's appealing to them from a nostalgia angle, but also appealing to share with their kids.

No Random Battles is not a big deal but No Wild Battles doesn't make sense. Also I don't understand why people doesn't think there wouldn't be Wild Battles? Just because they didn't show it doesn't mean their wouldn't be any? I watch the whole conference and not once did they say there wouldn't be Wild Battles. The hard sell is Pokemon Go catching in this game but seriously I think they haven't shown everything in this game yet. Just like I told everyone whom jump to the conclusion of that lapras picture being fake that end up being real and gorgeous looking in my eyes, wait until we see gameplay before judging. Same goes with the No Wild Battles assumption which I think it's bullcrap just to have the ability to bash the game.

Like I stated they haven't shown everything and I still say that the "Help Command" is to send Pokemon to help in Wild Battles. Also look at this picture blue bar, To me that is a HP Bar.
pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-and-lets-go-eevee-release-date-confirmed-coming-november-16.png

That blue bar is present on two corners of the screen, with the lower-left being covered by UI. It's not health. I'd bet on "Help" just being a tutorial shortcut of sorts. I believe they stated that wild Pokémon battles aren't present in the Q&A.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Welp. Pokémon is a dead brand, I guess. They really think that this is what we wanted?

The Go line should continue on phones, not try to catch lighting in a bottle twice by tying it into the FIRST MAJOR POKÉMON Switch release.

I now have no doubt in my mind that Switch will start to lose steam. What else is there?
The delusion LMAO

Wow, this thread is so fascinating~

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope you are right. I am loving what they showed so far, but it would be cool if they didn't remove the wild battles.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017

Give up man, there are no wild battles. The Help will be a digital instruction booklet and there is zero chance that that is a HP bar.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

They already confirmed no wild Pokemon battles. This is one of the things we know concrete 100% confirmed

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
Nah m8, you give Game Freak too much credit. It couldnt have possibly started off as a 3DS game, considering all the joy con functionality they are pushing with this.
Game Freak just obviously does not know how to take advantages of powerful hardware. Or maybe we'll see it in the 2019 game.

I'm only saying this because it legit looks like a 3DS game. I wouldn't be surprised if all the Pokemon are 3DS models imported into a switch engineer. Also they could have added the go catching mechanic a few months after the change from 3DS to switch.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Welp. Pokémon is a dead brand, I guess. They really think that this is what we wanted?

The Go line should continue on phones, not try to catch lighting in a bottle twice by tying it into the FIRST MAJOR POKÉMON Switch release.

I now have no doubt in my mind that Switch will start to lose steam. What else is there?

I think you really need some perspective. Maybe go for a walk for a bit and clear your head.

The Nightsky

Oct 27, 2017
You expect this from a AAA console game in 2018?
Do you even know what budget this has, what development time it's had, how it started development (highly likely it started as a 3DS game or was built quickly on 3DS engine)? Graphical improvements could also still happen, but if you expected mindblowing graphics from POKEMON in it's first Switch entry you have no one but yourself to blame for disappointment.

Personally, I think the game looks gorgeous. But it's all about expectations.

Mar 23, 2018
Dang, some people are taking this too seriously. The actual surprise would've been a new generation game making its way in 2018. The actual core RPG was always planned for 2019, this is them just playing along with the "This is also a core RPG" which it is, but it's not like the traditional games that we all have played and which are getting a new entry next year.

My sister has had an interesting reaction. She likes Pokémon as much as I do and he reaction is pretty simple: She doesn't like it because "it doesn't look like a regular Pokémon game". She believed that this is the new Pokémon game that they announced last year and I think Game Freak screwed up that one by not including any kind of teaser apart from a tweet for next year's games, because now there's many people that have no time/interest to inform themselves talking and spreading information about how Pokémon made a mistake by going "casual", not knowing that the traditional games are coming out next year.

I don't think I'd be getting these games based on what we watched, so I'll hold off until E3 to have a real opinion. As of right now tho, I need more.

Edit: My sister and I like spin-offs such as Ranger or Mystery Dungeon, but she believed this was the future of the traditional games before I told her those were coming out in 2019.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
LOL at some of the "sky is falling" posts. I always kind of doubted we would see the new mainline game this year. At least we are getting a relatively substantial release this year ( and the real next gen in 2019). That would put the next generation three years from Sun/Moon which has pretty much been the traditional minimum time between new generation releases (not counting the Yellow/Crystal 3rd games in a generation, sequels within a generation, and other spin offs). Having the next gen start only 2 years after Sun/Moon debuted, and on a new, much more powerful platform to boot, would have probably been too much, and we'd probably we seeing a much smaller game- I personally was expecting them to tell us the next gen WOULD be a gen one remake (but with updated HD graphics, and depth for each Pokemon), but as we are now getting essentially that (with some GO mechanics), plus the real next gen game in another year.....

Pretty much.....
tumblr_l5se1iTR0T1qz4w1go1_500.jpg

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
According to Eurogamer, the Pokemon Stars project effectively became these games.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Correct on both. I guess it is an approach that causes a split in the fanbase, but I can't help feel that there are plenty of people here who don't care either way.

Like, people calling this the end of Pokémon. Just get out with that garbage.

I mean, not the end, it will probably keep selling, specially to the pokemon Go crowd.

But if this is the direction GF wants to follow, to chase the audience that only played the free2play game then I'm not following the IP anymore.

I tried just staying silent during the Pokemon Go crazyness, and now those "mechanics" are in the mainline games (since GF is calling this a mainline game), I'll express my dissapointing this time in hope that this shit doesnt spread to the rest of the series.

Its also really impressive that the game is a remake, with less than a fifth of the pokemon, reduced online options, and that removed half of the battles for a minigame and now is charging 50% more than the mainline pokemon games. And I really hope reviewers go hard on this like they woulb be if suddenly the next smash had only a fifth of the roster and had no ranked battles.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Do you even know what budget this has, what development time it's had, how it started development (highly likely it started as a 3DS game or was built quickly on 3DS engine)? Graphical improvements could also still happen, but if you expected mindblowing graphics from POKEMON in it's first Switch entry you have no one but yourself to blame for disappointment.

Personally, I think the game looks gorgeous. But it's all about expectations.
I expected disappointment and I was met with it. In a way, I am satisfied.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

this could honestly be the start of a new copypasta

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Games look great to me. Me and my 6 year old are going to gave a blast with the co op. Pokemon adventures with 2 sounds good to me.