• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The new map is incredible. They added every little piece of road you can think of. Everything is road now lol
They even added some little mud paths across fields people use as short cuts. How do they even do that, how do they know?

New nest at work is Bulbasaur. RIP Pokeballs.
Already caught a 91% at lvl 28 and evolved it. Wrong move set though.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like they've upped the drop rate on 10km eggs during this event. Either that or I'm getting super lucky because I've received about 10 of them over the past few days.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LOL you crazy. Most people I've heard from say the birds were way harder than the beast and ho-oh and I 100% agree.

The birds have a base catch rate of 3%, Mewtwo 6%, all other legendaries are 2%. The birds shouldn't be harder, sure they fly around and if you aren't patient you'll miss more throws, but they're 50% easier to catch

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since we're wrapping up legendaries, here are my catch rates

Team Instinct ball handicap

Articuno 11/16
Zapdos 13/17
Moltres 9/12

Raikou 6/9
Entei 6/8
Suicune 3/4

Lugia 5/7
Ho-oh 2/2

Sorry to everyone waiting on an EX
Mewtwo 4/4

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Since we're wrapping up legendaries, here are my catch rates

Team Instinct ball handicap

Articuno 11/16
Zapdos 13/17
Moltres 9/12

Raikou 6/9
Entei 6/8
Suicune 3/4

Lugia 5/7
Ho-oh 2/2

Sorry to everyone waiting on an EX
Mewtwo 4/4
Ugh those Mewtwos. I hate this game.

But for me:
Articuno 1/4
Zapdos 1/2
Moltres 2/11

Entei 2/3
Raikou 4/7
Suicune 1/2

Lugia 0/2
Ho-oh 4/4

Mewtwo 0/0 Fucking kill me plz

Last edited:

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Yeah, my catch rate with Entei was wretched because it was only with it that I realized how important curved balls were. Now I can consistently throw greats, with a few excellents here and there. I'm 0/1 for Ho-oh ATM, but I watched TrnTips and ProdigiesNation talk about it, along with some discussion on SilphRoad and I feel more confident about how I have to throw for birds going forward.

JRoth

Oct 26, 2017
Still no word on Gen 3? Niantic mentioned they would be out sometime December right?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The new maps are cool, but I'm having trouble recognizing some parks now when people send pics due to the new roads lol.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Oh are we updating raid counts again I'm always up for that

Instinct here, but the raid ball handicap isn't usually so bad. The local groups have enough Mystics that we usually force them to split off into their own, so I typically end up with 8-10 balls.

Articuno 8/12
Zapdos 6/7
Moltres 5/9
Mewtwo 2/2
Raikou 9/10
Entei 17/26
Suicune 11/22
Lugia 4/15
Ho-Oh 4/8

Last edited:
OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Articuno: 10/16
Zapdos: 17/29
Moltres: 8/17
Mewtwo: 1/1
Raikou: 21/48
Entei:: 7/12
Suicune: 3/3
Lugia: 9/16
Ho-Oh: 1/1

Suicune so low do to me getting marrie dlast month and being busy with work after the honeymoon.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Articuno: 4/16
Zapdos: 9/18
Moltres: 8/13
Mewtwo: 1/2
Raikou: 8/28
Entei:: 17/29
Suicune: 9/25
Lugia: 4/14
Ho-Oh: 2/5

Tyranitar 10/20

robox

Nov 10, 2017
some of y'all's raid counts seems low. i've met people doing multiple raids everyday. hardcore on pogo but considered to be causal gamers normally?

uno 2/7
dos 5/9
tres 3/6
rai 11/15
en 15/23
sui 16/22
lugia 5/19
hooh 1/2

after about 10 catches, i try some pinap balls on the low cp's

also deciding if i should spend the last couple hours grinding... but the rain and cold...

Terranigma

Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 arrived, so the event is over for me. Finished with almost 4 million EXP gained after reaching 40, so basically did 5 and a half million during the entire event, which is close to a fourth of the entire amount of EXP I did beforehand.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
A new wave of EX passes came and of course I didn't receive any lol.
Also, a 2208 Ho-Oh ran away from me despite hitting it with all Excellent golden berry curveballs :( RNGeesus wasn't by my side this time.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The bird trio were factually easier to catch as far as catch rates go. BUT curveballs were glitched until after they were gone, so many curves weren't actually probably be registered back then, effectively making them slightly harder.

The new map is incredible. They added every little piece of road you can think of. Everything is road now lol
They even added some little mud paths across fields people use as short cuts. How do they even do that, how do they know?
Niantic doesn't do any of that. The differences are from them bulk switching their mapping data over from Google Maps to OpenStreetMap. OSM is user-managed, so you results may vary depending on how actively people are mapping your area. I actually lost some paths that were added to Google Maps a few months back, but hadn't be done in OSM, and all of the houses in my neighborhood are no longer represented at all. The giant-ass park nearby finally renders as one though (hopefully this means it will become a nest if it isn't one already).

As for how they do it, it's generally pretty simple if OSM's satellite maps of the area are up-to-date. You literally just draw over them with the appropriate line tools/markers. You can easily jump in and contribute yourself if you want.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
And again. No raid pass for me. Despite the fact that I've done about 5 sponsored gym raids a day for the last week. Fucking done.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
some of y'all's raid counts seems low. i've met people doing multiple raids everyday. hardcore on pogo but considered to be causal gamers normally?

uno 2/7
dos 5/9
tres 3/6
rai 11/15
en 15/23
sui 16/22
lugia 5/19
hooh 1/2

after about 10 catches, i try some pinap balls on the low cp's

also deciding if i should spend the last couple hours grinding... but the rain and cold...

I've played with actual level 40 players in raids, so I know that there are really hardcore players. But most people don't have that kind of free time.

The Kanto birds were initially only available for a week, so it's actually damn hard to do a lot of them. By the time they temporarily came back, I had already moved on.

Now the dogs each had a whole month, so there was an opportunity to do a lot of raids. For me, it just wasn't worthwhile to do them after a handful of times.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
And again. No raid pass for me. Despite the fact that I've done about 5 sponsored gym raids a day for the last week. Fucking done.
I got a better algorithm for Niantic:
  • Does this person try to do at least 7 raids a week? Average of at least 1 per day.
  • Does this person fight gyms every now and then and defend others?
  • Does this person catch Pokémon on a regular basis and keeps their daily streaks?
  • If so, then accommodate them into a gym they've raided in the last 14 days and has been selected for a Mewtwo Raid.
I'm sure they can come up with a fairer system than whatever crap they recently implemented.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
I got a better algorithm for Niantic:
  • Does this person try to do at least 7 raids a week? Average of at least 1 per day.
  • Does this person fight gyms every now and then and defend others?
  • Does this person catch Pokémon on a regular basis and keeps their daily streaks?
  • If so, then accommodate them into a gym they've raided in the last 14 days and has been selected for a Mewtwo Raid.
I'm sure they can come up with a fairer system than whatever crap they recently implemented.
It really is too bad niantic is in charge of this game, even ea could do a better job.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like it's over now? I'm only getting regular stardust anyway. Great event.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, why is it so fucking difficult to solve the EX Raid pass issue? Just set a very specific criteria rather than this terrible RNG system. I continuously see posts on Reddit with each new wave that goes out about people who barely play the game getting passes. I've been playing this thing non-stop since launch and have done countless raids (including loads and loads of raids at sponsored stops) and haven't received one. How is that fair? Mewtwo is probably the favorite Pokemon of millions of players and you have to simply get lucky that you're given the privilege to catch one.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I was lucky enough to get in on the very first EX wave to include Starbucks, but not any wave since. Makes me terrified for Mew and Celebi, since you just know they'll be EX raids, or perhaps something even worse.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So this happened today...

guHTdNf.png

As for my legendary rates... at first they're not so special at all.

0/0 on Uno
0/1 on Zap
0/2 on Molt
1/1 on Lugia

But then...

26/52 on Raikou
31/58 on Entei
38/92 on Suicune
33/59 on Ho-Oh

Believe me when I tell you, I did not know how to catch the birds in the one day I had available when I got back into the game at level 26. But then I picked up with the Buffalo scene and am now the 169th reported level 40 player in our city. Believe me when I say we go hard here. I really wish they'd bring the birds back for a week. I would be happy to catch them -- they are all I'm missing besides regionals and Mewtwo.

Magik

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, why is it so fucking difficult to solve the EX Raid pass issue? Just set a very specific criteria rather than this terrible RNG system. I continuously see posts on Reddit with each new wave that goes out about people who barely play the game getting passes. I've been playing this thing non-stop since launch and have done countless raids (including loads and loads of raids at sponsored stops) and haven't received one. How is that fair? Mewtwo is probably the favorite Pokemon of millions of players and you have to simply get lucky that you're given the privilege to catch one.

The solution is simple. Remove the entire EX Raid system altogether. The entire system makes no sense and has been a huge negative overall for Niantic and POGO. RNG on top of RNG on top of even more RNG is a AWFUL system. I mean all they really had to do was make MewTwo release similar to how the Legendaries are currently but make its spawn more rare and make it HARD to defeat requiring a solid squad to take it down. At the very least it'll finally give people reason incentive to power up they're Pokemon.

The recent Ex Raid pass distribution based on reddit postings seems to be have been geared mainly to low level players and lapsed players. What is really unfortunately about the low level players is that those accounts tend to be alt accounts the hardcore players created for whatever reason.

When you think about it, there really is no reason for Niantic to really distribute more EX Raid passes to hardcore players as at the end of the day, those players are going to keep on spending money on the game and Niantic knows this.

Its my personal belief that Niantic is probably at the point where they really don't have a long term strategy to try to find new ways to build new interest into POGO so they are looking at alternatives to try to re-engage lapsed players to come back to the game and to incentivize new players to spend money.

Regardless, EX Raid system needs to go for the betterment of the game and community.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
They should simply open Mewtwo raids once a week or every 2 weeks, heck even once a month, give one pass to every player and have a site up where you can check where the raids will appear and at what time. Done.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017

There are entire towns and cities that were left out of the EX system altogether. It sucks, and I feel bad for you.

But you're definitely not alone. You'll get your chance now that the testing is apparently done.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They would solve the whole problem by making Mewtwo a regular level 5 raid boss for 2 weeks. It is like Niantic don't want to take our money.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
They would solve the whole problem by making Mewtwo a regular level 5 raid boss for 2 weeks. It is like Niantic don't want to take our money.
I mean, they're obviously not doing a good job of it, but if they just hand Mewtwo out to everyone then there will be nothing to make players keep playing.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking something along the lines of this - Complete 5 legendary raids in one week and you get a guarneteed pass to battle Mewtwo.

Something that's not super easy for everyone to do but something that hardcore players have as a goal every week and doesn't depend on RNG.

Magik

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they're obviously not doing a good job of it, but if they just hand Mewtwo out to everyone then there will be nothing to make players keep playing.

They don't have to hand out MewTwo at all. Make MewTwo a small event and have the battle be super difficult along with having a very low catch rate. People will spend money hand over fist trying to capture it then and whenever the next event happens.

Even if they hand out MewTwo to everyone why would it stop them from playing? There are still Gen 3+ along with the legendaries that come with it. The game doesn't end with MewTwo.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Believe me when I tell you, I did not know how to catch the birds in the one day I had available when I got back into the game at level 26. But then I picked up with the Buffalo scene and am now the 169th reported level 40 player in our city. Believe me when I say we go hard here. I really wish they'd bring the birds back for a week. I would be happy to catch them -- they are all I'm missing besides regionals and Mewtwo.
Holy shit, congrats man! That takes some dedication. You must have a fantastic community there.

I'm 3mil into lvl. 40 but it's freezing outside haha. I'll just take it easy and hope gen 3 will get me the last 2mil by the end of the year.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Did my first Ho-oh raids today, only managed to catch one after three tries and it is a super weak one. One is however enough with this low catch rate. I did a lot more of the three birds because they were at 3% compared to all the 2% ones.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's hilarious that they give you lucky eggs when you hit 40. I guess a level increase is inevitable but it just seems pointless now.

OP
OP
GulAtiCa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell, technically player lv 38 - 40 are essentially the same, since no matter what you already have max lv of 40 Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.