• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Would they also announce new Pokemon-themed Switches, or would that come later?

Maybe they'll finally make translucent a thing again.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Pretty keen for the reveal! Anyone else from Australia? I'm in Perth so I only have to stay up until 10:07pm :D

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Pretty keen for the reveal! Anyone else from Australia? I'm in Perth so I only have to stay up until 10:07pm :D
Man, you're lucky. Since it'll air at 1 AM here in Sydney, i'll be watching it when I wake up in the morning.

I may have stayed up for all of the late-night Smash events last year, but i'm not doing that to myself again for Pokemon (which I care a bit less about).

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Having watched previous Pokemon Directs and being a little too hyped going into them - I'm tempering my expectations for this one. My pipe dream is screenshots/footage and the 3 starters. I think we'll actually just get a recap of the series, a discussion about the success of Let's Go, then a tease for the Gen 8 games. I hope it's more than that though, so I'm going in with low expectations, hoping for more just incase those expectations are blown away.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Forge a path? Alluding to Britain trying to rule everything? Lol

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
My only prediction is that we'll see them add new stuff for each "gimmick" of the last games.

So we'll have new pre/evos for old Pokemon, new megas, new regional variations, and new z moves. I'm sure I missed one. Might not be in this announcement but would be cool to see hints.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
My only prediction is that we'll see them add new stuff for each "gimmick" of the last games.

So we'll have new pre/evos for old Pokemon, new megas, new regional variations, and new z moves. I'm sure I missed one. Might not be in this announcement but would be cool to see hints.
That won't happen lol. From a design standpoint would make the game too convoluted.

They are just gonna abandon old gimmicks and introduce a brand new one.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
CZqsux5WcAAJAx-.jpg

Lol

What would be the most controversial of these:

• Lets Go Catching Mechanics (Optional)
  • No Random Encounters
  • No Wild Battles (Only catching)

No Wild Battles would be the most controversial. No random encounters is actually a plus.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I've been hearing whispers a Pokémon game that focuses on the past for a long time, more than a year ago. And "forge a path" to me sounds like that specifically, building Pokémon's history in the past.

Though I may be reading too much into this...

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
3 Hours for:

"The current development progress has not reached the standards we seek in a sequel to the Pokémon series. We have decided to reexamine the development structure itself and change it, working in trust and collaboration with the studio that developed the original Little Masters series, Gameloft"

(and more people here would be happy by that news than sad lol!)

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Any final predictions?
-The region is actually Greece
-Pokemon Chrono and Pokemon Epoch
-Chrono Legendary is about the passage of time.
-Epoch Legendary is about the changing of seasons
-Trio Master is the Chaos Legendary, which is what was before the universe, and Arceus.
-Erebus Foundation which is actually the opposite of Aether and is pretty good for a bunch of black hooded asshats.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest they usually (always?) tweet out the same stuff the English account does, right? At least when it comes to these kinds of things.

I like the forge theme though!
Not always, no. And the phrase, specially in Spanish, sounds very out of place and really doesn't make sense a lot of sense for just hyping up an announcement.

I'm 100% expecting it to be a hint.

Yui

Nov 6, 2017
"forge a path to greatness"
6 minutes of Pokemon history confirmed.
Followed by "Now it is time to forge your own path this holiday season with Pokemon --- and +++, title reveal, end of direct.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Not always, no. And the phrase, specially in Spanish, sounds very out of place and really doesn't make sense a lot of sense for just hyping up an announcement.

I'm 100% expecting it to be a hint.
Oh, cool, didn't know that. I was just going by the Direct announcement tweet from yesterday tbh lol.

To me, the phrase doesn't sound out there at all in Spanish (I'm from Spain myself), but yeah, it could really be a hint.

Man, I can't wait. I'm going to hate it if they do another S/M type of thing for this Direct :(

Plum

May 31, 2018
"Forge a path to greatness" definitely reminds me of knights, swords, etc. Maybe that's just the UK rumour talking, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.