• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
They already confirmed no supernatural stuff.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless Sony makes a handheld like the Switch, I can't see Japan being any more receptive of PS5 than of PS4. I also don't think we've seen less Japan styled games this gen.
You don't think we've seen less "Japan" styled/centric games from Sony this gen? I felt like there were weirder, more experimental titles on PS3 by far than on PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
It's cool, in retrospect I just wasn't specific enough.
It's all good. Stuff like Puppeteer, The Last Guy, and Tokyo Jungle are definitely what I'd like to see more of, along with the revival of classics like Ape Escape and Patapon. I want another Gravity Rush style game as well, with some wild traversal mechanics.

Edit: Oh, and Trash Panic! Damn that game was hard, but I loved it. Echochrome, too. One of my favorites.

Deleted member 17403

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's all good. Stuff like Puppeteer, The Last Guy, and Tokyo Jungle are definitely what I'd like to see more of, along with the revival of classics like Ape Escape and Patapon. I want another Gravity Rush style game as well, with some wild traversal mechanics.

Edit: Oh, and Trash Panic! Damn that game was hard, but I loved it. Echochrome, too. One of my favorites.
I really would love to see an rpg in the art style of Gravity Rush with much of the same world design from Japan Studio. Ape Escape would be great in that art style too. Remake Ape Escape with the visual styling of Gravity Rush and reassemble the whole cast and definitely get the original game's composer back to craft the world's best remake. That would be like experiencing my formative years in gaming all over again!

Deleted member 17403

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Sucker Punch better deliver with all this hype and attention that they're generating for themselves and GoT. I hope their confidence is well placed. I really want this to be a TLoU2 type reveal where it shows just how much SP has invested into new, sensible gameplay ideas. Fingers crossed!

Oct 1, 2019
Man, Sucker Punch better deliver with all this hype and attention that they're generating for themselves and GoT. I hope their confidence is well placed. I really want this to be a TLoU2 type reveal where it shows just how much SP has invested into new, sensible gameplay ideas. Fingers crossed!
I don't think I've ever been this hyped for a game since Spider-Man PS4. Time for Sucker Punch's ascension!

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I wonder if Ghost breaks out HZD style, huge critical acclaim, fantastic sales, SP now seen as a heavy weight, etc. What Will be the split of people still asking for them to return to Infamous, vs a Ghost 2. Best case scenario, a huge success story will motivate them to grow enough to be able to support both IPs at once.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
SP have nothing to prove with Ghosts, they've already established themselves as one of the best studios in Sony's stable with Second Son and First Light.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Ghost breaks out HZD style, huge critical acclaim, fantastic sales, SP now seen as a heavy weight, etc. What Will be the split of people still asking for them to return to Infamous, vs a Ghost 2. Best case scenario, a huge success story will motivate them to grow enough to be able to support both IPs at once.

Speaking only for myself, I don't care how popular Tsushima is, I will ALWAYS be more interested in a frenetic action game full of fun traversal mechanics than yet another drudging slow-paced open world game with an overly serious protagonist and "realistic" combat.

Hopefully SP is able to get to a point where they can serve both styles of play because man, nothing about Tsushima is even remotely appealing to me.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking only for myself, I don't care how popular Tsushima is, I will ALWAYS be more interested in a frenetic action game full of fun traversal mechanics than yet another drudging slow-paced open world game with an overly serious protagonist and "realistic" combat.

Hopefully SP is able to get to a point where they can serve both styles of play because man, nothing about Tsushima is even remotely appealing to me.
Reported.

Today is the day of GoT.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ

I agree in spirit, I want something really fun too (had enough of RDR2 lol) but shouldn't you wait before judging whether Ghost combat will be too grounded to be fun? We've only seen early footage without all the mechanics added in.

Oct 25, 2017
I just need to see if the "ghost" gameplay is fun the samurai stuff ain't do it for me but the ninja stuff will probably get me

also would anybody be opposed to a third party doing infamous

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I agree in spirit, I want something really fun too (had enough of RDR2 lol) but shouldn't you wait before judging whether Ghost combat will be too grounded to be fun? We've only seen early footage without all the mechanics added in.

There's no superpowers or magic, so I honestly don't think there's anything they can do to sell me on the combat. But more than anything else, I just can not suffer through another over-large open world I have to ride a damn horse around. I'm so tired of horses - they're the gameplay equivalent of anime filler episodes.

Just give me flight or some kind of actually fun traversal so I don't fall asleep while playing. Red Dead 2 already put me to sleep multiple times, and that's a game I actively enjoyed playing when it let me.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Yeah, RDR2 is the worst case scenario of "realistic to a fault". SP have too much legacy with creating damn great gameplay loops to devolve to Rockstar levels.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I just need to see if the "ghost" gameplay is fun the samurai stuff ain't do it for me but the ninja stuff will probably get me

also would anybody be opposed to a third party doing infamous

If either of you complain about Ghost's gameplay not being your cup of tea after tonight's trailer, both of you better be ready for a barrage of "Best JRPG Confirmed, thanks SIE!" comments XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.