Status
Not open for further replies.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
This is some Bioshock level shit.

upo3k0rjd5a41.jpg

Sony should have given Dreams to Ken Levine make his new game.
Any video/link of this?

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Many here expecting GT7 as a PS5 launch title. I still believe there will be a PS5 upgrade for GTS.
PD is not known for fast development and I can't imagine a full GT only 3 years after GTS which got a lot of DLC.

And I believe Sony will use GT7 to promote PSVR2.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
Playstation Meeting
New trailer for a PS5 exclusive:
Fade to black*
Japan Studio logo
From Software logo
Title: Bloodborne 2.

Imagine.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I guess Hermen is too lazy to fly to US /s

Yea that is cool and another counter proof about the whole "SIE US taking over Europe" article, its a really baffling article in hindsight.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
On average, there are more SP games than MP games so no, they can do both.

There are very few long, narrative driven, non microtransaction riddled games though. Sony is one of the best, if not the best, in the industry at this. I don't mind them making more multiplayer games, as long as it doesn't impact the release of content they have been known for. I'd be really bummed if naughty dogs next big thing is a multiplayer shooter. It's not why I'm on the platform.

Sony knows this though. Can't imagine this becoming an issue.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
I think Sony UK EU isn't PlayStation as such? I think it just means Hermen Hulst remains located in Amsterdam (more central for travel to be fair) and studio heads will need to go there for meetings?

Yes, I think you are right:
There are currently no reported plans to merge or relocate Sony's PlayStation HQ, which is currently located in London.

So probably it is Amsterdam because of Hermen. I hope it is WWS meetings in preparation of the PS Meeting.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Sony UK EU isn't

This damn near hurt my soul but whatever lol

There are very few long, narrative driven, non microtransaction riddled games though. Sony is one of the best, if not the best, in the industry at this. I don't mind them making more multiplayer games, as long as it doesn't impact the release of content they have been known for. I'd be really bummed if naughty dogs next big thing is a multiplayer shooter. It's not why I'm on the platform.

Sony knows this though. Can't imagine this becoming an issue.

That bolded is damn near a source of refuge and in my opinion an often understated driving force behind PS' success in terms of SP games.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Yes, I think you are right:

So probably it is Amsterdam because of Hermen. I hope it is WWS meetings in preparation of the PS Meeting.

I'm sure PSM will be discussed in some way but with Dreams wrapped I'm guessing Hermen wants to know what they have planned next! I really do like the idea of MM completing the circle started at PSM 2013 and playing out this years meeting with a fully fleshed out musical performance on PS5. If the meeting was on the 12th it would perfectly coincide with Dreams release on the 14th!

This damn near hurt my soul but whatever lol

Sorry...:(

Aug 26, 2019
PS Meeting would actually be an interesting way to showcase Dreams. They could use it in a unique way, someone earlier mentioned transitions between reveals...

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Ok so I was reading through the "Sony will have launch exclusives thread" and came across something that blew my mind.

"Sony having launch exclusives is anti consumer"

Can someone explain this to me because I genuinely have never heard or seen that before but it's all over that thread?

PlayStation Worldwide Studios |OT7| Anti Consumer Next Gen Experiences

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
It's stupid how anti consumer is now used for every little thing people don't agree with.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
When it comes to pro or anti consumer, I hope Sony will deliver free next gen patches for many of their PS4 AAA games.

Is that realistic ?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
When it comes to pro or anti consumer, I hope Sony will deliver free next gen patches for many of their PS4 AAA games.

Is that realistic ?
i expect patches at least for all the AAA games from Spiderman on, probably god of war as well considering that sony are pushing GoW to this day.
also bend already accidentally posted 4k 60 footage of days gone once:

Oct 26, 2017
i expect patches at least for all the AAA games from Spiderman on, probably god of war as well considering that sony are pushing GoW to this day.

Won't be surprised if this was the PC build they made internally and then ported to console since it is UE4.

I highly doubt they had PS5 dev kits at that time.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Won't be surprised if this was the PC build they made internally and then ported to console since it is UE4.

I highly doubt they had PS5 dev kits at that time.
first party devs get kits way before third parties, its definitely possible they had one, considering many third parties got kits a few months later.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Just a small thing, but Ian from Easy Allies recently mentioned how he talked to a dev friend who provided him with examples on how the haptics of the DS5 would affect the way we interact with games. It's short and at 9:35 of this vid:

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
The anti-consumer argument doesn't make much sense. How is it anti-consumer to sell a console with exclusive games and third-party marketing? Isn't that just economics? You buy a console in exchange for the exclusive games and other features the console comes with. It's not like Sony is deliberately preventing people from buying the games people want. Microsoft's plan is different from Sony's but that doesn't mean Sony is against consumers. They sell you the console with the fancy features, marketing campaigns, and games in hopes that you buy it. It's been like this forever. Microsoft does the same thing for their services.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The anti-consumer argument doesn't make much sense. How is it anti-consumer to sell a console with exclusive games and third-party marketing? Isn't that just economics? You buy a console in exchange for the exclusive games and other features the console comes with. It's not like Sony is deliberately preventing people from buying the games people want. Microsoft's plan is different from Sony's but that doesn't mean Sony is against consumers. They sell you the console with the fancy features, marketing campaigns, and games in hopes that you buy it. It's been like this forever. Microsoft does the same thing for their services.
It's just fanboy nonense. "My favourite console-maker does something different than your favourite console maker? Your console-maker is anti-consumer!" It's hilarious actually. Imagine posting/writing something like "exclusives are anti-consumer". Pathetic! ;D
It became anti-consumer the moment Xbox announced they weren't doing that. Console wars are serious business.
Yep.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I think it is, I would be very dissapointed if not.

Would also be disappointed...

Yeah, at least their past and this year titles. Would probably motivate many costumers to switch sooner.

you may get free PS5 mode patch like in PS4 Pro, but I think they will also release PS5 remaster with raytracing upgrade, if we're lucky they maight sold it as separate dlc upgrade.

A fair price for upgrade DLC would also be ok but giving them for free would be a real costumer friendly move and Sony would get a very positive feedback.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I love Bloodborne.
It's my GOTG.
It's my second favorite of all time behind MGS3.
I would go nuts with a sequel.
But...I'd rather see From and Sony working in a new IP. Gimme that Maya/Azteca project over BB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.