Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nope. I enjoyed what they have shown.

But hey, is this related to Geoffs Worlds Will Change? :S maybe not.

Having no stage presence and just showing game trailers back to back is a horrible setup for a "conference."

If they were going to do more of that at E3 2019 then i'm glad they're not having one.

The only downside is E3 will be smaller with Sony not having any floor booths either.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It really does suck. Dreams, TLoU, Death Stranding and Tsushima were all announced absurdly early.

I think a year at most should be the goal.

If you're only going to ship three AAA games a year, you can only announce three a year.
I know people here probably don't want to hear it, but PSX and or Gamescom is too many tradeshows a year to visit. Now they are left with nothing.

(Not that Death Stranding, The Last of Us 2, Dreams, Ghosts of Tsushima) is a disappointing lineup though.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Konami's time to shine!
giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo compared to Sony lol Sony is miles ahead, one good Game (Zelda) doesn't make you the greatest or that would be R* or Cyberpunk lmao
They had far more than just one good last year and their games continue to be among the best selling and highly rated exclusives around. Sony is hardly "miles ahead", assuming they're ahead in the first place

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I know people here probably don't want to hear it, but PSX and or Gamescom is too many tradeshows a year to visit. Now they are left with nothing.

(Not that Death Stranding, The Last of Us 2, Dreams, Ghosts of Tsushima) is a disappointing lineup though.

I mean, they bailed on everything now. Going from too many trade shows/events to none is kind of an overreaction, no?

Shalashaska

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even if they don't have a lot to show off next year, skipping the show completely is a strange move. Why let MS and Nintendo have all the attention? Because both of them will likely be there.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Marketing mistake. Being present in some form is better than being a no show.
Is it? Can you imagine the hype and anticipation for a 2020 Sony Press Conference (not necessarily E3) after being silent for a year? The whole fucking gaming world would watch the announcement of PS5.

I'm not sure it's a mistake.

Oct 31, 2017
Again, no. PSX is a fan event. E3 conference crowds are made up of industry professionals there covering the event for their jobs. It was only recently that e3 became open to the public.

Exactly.

Notice how Sony's E3 shows transitioned from power points and sales numbers to games and applause lines and fan announcements. There's not much of a difference between a PSX show and an E3 show. Industry professionals swarm PSX as well. E3 as a whole has a considerably different atmosphere than it did 20 years ago.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017

I think one conference a year, with four quarterly Directs for release dates and smaller titles is the right balance.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Someone explain to me why would PS5 cause Sony to skip E3 altogether. Neither the PS2, PS3 or PS4 caused that.

I find this strategy bizarre.
When your competition is fierce and development budgets are ballooning - it would be wise to isolate yourself and make a splash rather than a whimper.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't even care about TLOU2, honestly. Literally the only thing Sony showed at E3 this past year that even perked my ears up was Nioh 2.

2019 is gonna be rough.

Feel for you man.

Let's hope the 'rumours' (read dreams) that Sony have like HZD2, Uncharted 5, Ratchet & Clank, Bloodborne 2 and more for the launch of the PS5 are true then eh?

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
So what we see is what we have pretty much to look forward to for PS4 now?

That means PlayStation as a whole is going to be very, very unexciting until basically The Last of Us 2.

That is definitely a bummer. Regardless of Sony's intention and whether or not it works out for them ultimately things are just going to be boring for a while.
Did all the 3rd party games just vanish too? They'll be fine.

HONDA

Oct 27, 2017
still tons of ps4 games coming out in 2019
but sucks nothing new to look forward in 2019

hope 2020's press conference will be an iconic one with ps5

Sillegamer

Oct 27, 2017
So no Gamescom, Paris Games week, PSX and now E3.

With no tangible details on how fans can expect announcements and a complete personality change compared to the days of Shuhei and Adam talking to fans and interacting.

Wtf is happening

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And Nintendo is supposedly the one with a games drought.

So ps4 is basically eoled and I would think we get ps5 spring 2020.
Are you trolling or serious ? Sony by far exceed the competition with game releases .even their 2019 is packed

Days gone
Death stranding
Last of us 2
Ghost if tsushima
Concrete genie
Medivil
Dream

So where is the drought ? Can you tell us ?

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
At least now I can skip E3 2019 instead of staying up the whole night.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
Really you not going to have anything to show off PS5 2020 a side show some 3rd party or Indie games! just dont do silly thing like this years E3

Oct 27, 2017
So odd to do this nearly 8 months in advance lol. First PSX and now this. damn.

So team 2019 is officially dead. A PS5 launch with either Death Stranding or TLOU2 in fall 2019 would have killed it for Sony.

Does this mean Xbox is getting Call of Duty and Destiny 3 marketing?

As long as some other developer/publisher steps up and fills in for Sony then E3 will still be fine. Sony's conferences haven't been that great for the past 2 years anyways. The door is open for someone now.
Destiny 3 probably would t be at E3 2019. As for COd, sony has had the past 4 entries. Who knows how long the deal was for