• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Moss charms the shit out of me every time I play through it, and I absolutely would be there day one for a follow-up. Hopefully the game was successful enough that POLYARC has the funding to make it happen. I mean, they obviously had the resources to bring it to Rift/Vive, so there's hope right?

Lucent

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Just grabbed a PSVR Doom Bundle. It hit $199.99 and I jumped on it. Gonna pick it up tomorrow. Played through RE7 in VR using a friends headset and it was amazing. Hoping Dreams makes good use out of it and that more games are revealed for it.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Just grabbed a PSVR Doom Bundle. It hit $199.99 and I jumped on it. Gonna pick it up tomorrow. Played through RE7 in VR using a friends headset and it was amazing. Hoping Dreams makes good use out of it and that more games are revealed for it.

That is such an insane bargain, Well done. RE7 is still the standard bearer for VR as it shows how much better a game can be in VR when compared to when played on a standard TV.

Dreams with full VR support would be a dream.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like there are plenty of PSVR games in the Days of Play sale. Don't have a full list but a bunch of games in my wish list are on sale. Best one being Sprint Vector with 51% off (£9.79)

Edit: also, twin packs of Move controllers for £39.99 at Amazon and Currys. These were in stock at ShopTo earlier and sold out quickly so jump on it if you've been after some!

Last edited:

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I think the skyrim bundle at 250 is my jump in time.
Man some great deals with this sale going on...glad I held on just a bit longer, that Skyrim bundle for $250 is nuts.

Have fun! I actively dislike bethesdas rpgs, but Skyrim in VR is something else. I'm a bit late to the party, and am loving every second of it.

The vr version defaults to the easiest difficulty setting, so don't forget to bump it up a bit for a little more tense dungeon crawling.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Getting the £250 bundle in the UK.

Price is too good to resist.

Also want the sharpshooter, but can't stretch to that yet. I'll pick it up when Firewall releases.

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh, I'm so damn excited!

Despite being 100% on board with the concept of VR as soon as I first heard about the OG Occulus dev kits, I've still never tried anything VR beyond Google Cardboard.

But I just ordered a full setup with the Skyrim bundle and a pair of Turtle Beach 350 VR headphones!

I'm nervous, excited, and intimidated all in equal measure.

A few questions from a complete novice:

- How long does it take to charge and set things up before I'll be able to fire it up for the first time?
- Are there any cool movies or videos I can watch in VR? I noticed the PS4 Hulu and YouTube apps are VR compatible, but I have no clue how to find VR content or what's worth watching. And it there any word on if we'll be able to watch E3 conferences in VR?
- What free demos have VR support? I know there's a Last Guardian demo, which seems neat. And does the RE7 demo allow for VR, or is it just the full game that supports it?
- Is that aim controller worth buying?
- Most importantly - what games/apps/experiences are essential? So far I know I'll be getting:

Rush of Blood
Rez Infinite
Batman
Moss

Thanks in advance for any info you all can provide! I'm beyond thrilled to finally experience the magic.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Just got Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, I expect you to die and Thumper. (Plus other non vr games).

I used to watch Keep Talking on youtube, seems like a great game to play for couples. Also good to start fighting and blaming each other :D

Foe you guys that are jumping in right now, I recommend Superhot VR (awesome game and also awesome to introduce people to VR), Statik is a great puzzle experience and Dirt Rally is amazing (I have a wheel though, which adds even more immersion). Rez infinite was AMAZING for my taste, but that depends if you like that kind of music.

And dont forget to get Playroom VR, its free and has some fun (for a while) stuff (I use the cat/mouse and the shoot the bandit minigames when I have someone new to VR at home, they are always impressed and have lots of fun).

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Ahhh, I'm so damn excited!

I dont watch stuff in VR on Youtube, the resolution seems too low, its just the 360 video, not really VR. I am curious to watch NBA on NextVR though, will try a game next season.

There are 2 experiences that are nice, Invasion and Allumette, both free. There are the 2 dedo discs with PSVR demos that you can get in the store. The Last Guardian demo is great too.

RE7 has 2 demos, the Kitchen demo and the First Hour demo, both support VR. A friend of mine tried the first hour and got sick because she was not used to VR, if I were you I would wait a few days/weeks before trying it so that you have a good stomach for that (before buying my PSVR I thought this talk of getting used to VR was BS, but it really is true).

Everyboy loves Wipeout, I didnt find it that amusing. I am not sure if there is a Demo. I gotta say Dead Hungry is a nice pick up and play game, the idea is simple so anyone learn to play in seconds (literally).

And as I said above: SUPERHOT is the ultimate VR game. I love it. 10/10. It is also kinda pick up and play.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Any standout games from the E3 sale? On the uk store they have inpatient 50% off at £15.99, or solus project for £7.99

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an hour into setup. Right now I'm taking a break while my headphones and move controllers charge.

I was not prepared for how many damn cables would be involved! My gaming center capacity is almost at critical mass.

I hope all of this expense and hassle is worth it

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Huge update on Preta. They removed 3/4 of the grinding. So it's basically a VR hack n slash dungeon crawler with loot, pet companions to level, and social MP boss battle with raid store now . Having beaten it in its original form, I now get old man bragging rights.. "back in my day, you had to grind for 3 days in Preta just to get a sword!"

Despite struggling heavily with sales, they still haven't given up and are gameplanning what to do next with the game to try and reach their dream of making a diablo/monster hunter with a good story in VR.

Oct 25, 2017
After some early frustrations, I got everything settled in and optimized.

Wow. Some of the early demos and apps I checked out were pretty lame (looking at you, Spider-Man Homecoming!), but once I got into the meatier stuff VR clicked hard.

Batman is unreal. I audibly, instinctually cheered when I figured out how to descend the into the Batcave. And fooling around with all of his gadgets was so awesome.

I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon enough, but the potential for this tech is absolutely mind-boggling. Such a shame it hasn't taken off in the mainstream (though with so much upfront cost and hassle, it's perfectly understandable as to why).

Still, I hope Sony supports VR for a long time

What's the read on whether or not Spidey will get VR support? That seems as close to a killer app as anything could be in the current VR climate, and would easily justify my purchase.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the read on whether or not Spidey will get VR support? That seems as close to a killer app as anything could be in the current VR climate, and would easily justify my purchase.

I wouldn't bet on it but would love for it to be true.

Insomniac do have a lot of experience with VR just not on PSVR, they developed Edge of Nowhere, Feral Rites and The Unspoken but are all Rift exclusives. There were rumours that they were working on an open-world VR game but that looks to be Stormland which is also a rift exclusive, which I'm very jealous of.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
Thoughts on Audio Beats? Just found it on the store, it's only $10 but looks like there's only 6 tracks so I don't know.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Today's Pre E3 reveal

Ghost Giant. Coming exclusively to PS VR. The opening reminded me of the Moss reveal. Looks charming. No release date so perhaps safe to say 2019?

More information on the PS Blog.
"Doll house sandbox". Being a giant is a big advantage when building your friendship with Louis. Along your journey, you help him with all manner of challenges that, at first glance, seem impossible to pull off. While they often involve heavy lifting, your most important role is less physical. It's that of being a supporting friend for a child in need of some guidance.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06/09/lend-a-hand-in-ghost-giant-coming-to-ps-vr/

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
20 mins left........I'm guessing Beat Saber, which will be disappointing. I'm hoping for NMS or ED. But it wont be

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was that the last announcement for PSVR from Sony? Disappointing week, if all my VR games weren't digital I would getting ready to sell my VR.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Hopefully we get a release date or a meaty gameplay trailer for Golem.

If not, I would say the game has big problems and will maybe never come.

Konosuke

Oct 29, 2017
First VR sales haul in:

Resident Evil, Farpoint, Doom and Apollo 11.

I was trying Beginning Hour a bit ago and I don't think I'll finish the full game haha. Really impressed by the graphics thought, my memory of a pre-release demo was that it was very jaggy. Not at all, and I'm playing on an amateur.

Haven't tried the rest yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Was that the last announcement for PSVR from Sony? Disappointing week, if all my VR games weren't digital I would getting ready to sell my VR.

You know e3 isn't over yet? Pretty sure these are not the big announcements. These are the announcements that aren't worth E3 stage time.

But I'm crazy hyped for beat saber. Wish we had a release date though.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know e3 isn't over yet? Pretty sure these are not the big announcements. These are the announcements that aren't worth E3 stage time.

But I'm crazy hyped for beat saber. Wish we had a release date though.
Idk anymore about E3 VR I have very low expectations after last week. I had slight hype for Bethesda but they quickly talked about 2 VR games. No footage, no platforms, no target release window. I have 0 hype for Sony's E3 presser so they can only hopefully only go up from here. After this last week though I expect more experiences, short games priced around $30-50, and non game VR content that should be on one of the many video services for VR but is instead an application I have to download. I even doubt Sony will try to improve on their non game VR stuff like, VR rooms for big screen, more VR apps like Netflix, or a VR home like game. Ghost Giant looks cool but I'm not hyped for that. Beat Saber looks fun but like every other shallower VR game it gets boring fast when you don't have a meatier experience to play when you are starting to get bored with Beat Saber. So far for me PSVR peaked early with RE7 and hasn't even come close to those levels after that.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A few VR related releases from Bethesdas conference though no details on what headsets, nor visuals. Here are the details from their official website:

WOLFENSTEIN: CYBERPILOT
The Resistance has upped its tech game in the two decades since the events of Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot drops you into the role of a resistance hacker on a mission to tear apart the Nazi forces in Paris using their own machines. Take control of a fire-breathing Panzerhund and more as you fight Nazis in the City of Love in order to aid the French resistance. Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot will be available as a standalone VR game in 2019. Saddle up, Cyberpilot. You're one of us now.
BethesdaVR_Cyberpilot.jpg

You can learn more about the other Wolfenstein announcement here: Wolfenstein: Youngblood Announce and Trailer.
PREY – TYPHON HUNTER
You know the dread you feel in Prey when you walk past an innocent-looking chair, only to have it transform back into a mimic and leap at your face? Well that feeling is about to get a whole lot more intense. Included with Prey: Mooncrash as a free multiplayer update, Typhon Hunter is a deadly game of cat and mouse, except in this instance the cat is sometimes a trashcan or a bottle of cleaning supplies and the mouse has a shotgun. This new competitive VR mode pits Morgan Yu against mimics that will stalk, hunt and hide in plain sight as they try to take Yu down. (Typhon Hunter will also be available outside of VR.) Typhon Hunter will be available later this summer as part of the Mooncrash DLC or in the Prey: Digital Deluxe.
BethesdaVR_TyphonHunter.jpg

Arkane's Typhon Hunter update also includes a solo escape room VR mode, called TranStar VR, which will be playable on the E3 showfloor. In TranStar VR, you step into the boots of TranStar employees, solving mysterious puzzles in some of the most gorgeous environments from the Talos I space station. TranStar VR will also be downloadable later this summer, as a free update with the Mooncrash DLC or the Prey: Digital Deluxe.

Prey is part of the DLC for the base game. Wolfenstein is a 2019 release and looks to built from the ground up for VR.

and there was The Elder Scrolls: Blades which is initially coming to mobile for free then to everything possible including VR headsets from the mobile kind to the high end.

I'm personally not the biggest fan of Bethesda's output but its good to see that they are continuing to explore VR. I would love for them to look at creating an immersive sim like Dishonoured built for VR and hopefully what they are learning with things like Skyrim VR, Fallout 4 VR, Doom VFR and the above games will make it into Starfield and ES6 in the next gen.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if we'll get some more Blood & Truth info from E3? I don't really understand what's planned for today's/tonight's/tomorrow's (delete as applicable for your time zone!) conference; I know they said they would focus on the big 4 games, but I guess there will still be other announcements and a sizzle reel...

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Idk anymore about E3 VR I have very low expectations after last week. I had slight hype for Bethesda but they quickly talked about 2 VR games. No footage, no platforms, no target release window. I have 0 hype for Sony's E3 presser so they can only hopefully only go up from here. After this last week though I expect more experiences, short games priced around $30-50, and non game VR content that should be on one of the many video services for VR but is instead an application I have to download. I even doubt Sony will try to improve on their non game VR stuff like, VR rooms for big screen, more VR apps like Netflix, or a VR home like game. Ghost Giant looks cool but I'm not hyped for that. Beat Saber looks fun but like every other shallower VR game it gets boring fast when you don't have a meatier experience to play when you are starting to get bored with Beat Saber. So far for me PSVR peaked early with RE7 and hasn't even come close to those levels after that.

Sounds like you're in the mindset me and my VR friends are at with PSVR, This year has been shocking, Wave shooters or or quick experience type games. Disappointed this week with those 3 announcements, Tetris and a music beat game of all things. 2016-2017 gave us Rush of Blood, Batman, RE7,Farpoint, Arizona, Raw Data, Superhot, Skyrim.... It's all literally gone downhill from then, We have only bought Killing Floor this year.

Wer'e thinking of selling the PS4/VR and going all in with PC/Occulus.... As we only really care for VR and with Occulus we would at least get games and more co-op based ones that arent borked like the PSVR version of Raw Data. Bethesda skimmed over their VR offerings, Sony will do the same and give a quick trailer. Sony know they are hindered by the base ps4 for VR so probably won't fully go all in until the PS5 which is 2-3 years away. I aint waiting until then playing the crap they seem to offer now.

Manekast

Oct 25, 2017
Byron Bay
$317.56 posted from EBgames Ebay using ozbargains stuff. + vr worlds + skyrim vr + gt sport + cam. DEAL.

I had this back on day 1. Only really played REVII and it BLEW MY FACE OFF.

Have; digitally already... going full digital btw.

Dirt Rally VR
Trackmania
Driveclub
REVII
Starbloid Arena
Rush of Blood

No move controllers yet.

What games did I miss? Huge sale on now.

Looking at: (all days of play discounts).

Robinson
The Inpatient
Doom VFR
Eagle Flight
Wipeout Omega
Arizona Sunshine
Eve: Valyrie Warzone
Farpoint (no move yet, no gun peripheral).

Anything I am missing? Sales everywhere. (I'm in Australia).

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like you're in the mindset me and my VR friends are at with PSVR, This year has been shocking, Wave shooters or or quick experience type games. Disappointed this week with those 3 announcements, Tetris and a music beat game of all things. 2016-2017 gave us Rush of Blood, Batman, RE7,Farpoint, Arizona, Raw Data, Superhot, Skyrim.... It's all literally gone downhill from then, We have only bought Killing Floor this year.

Wer'e thinking of selling the PS4/VR and going all in with PC/Occulus.... As we only really care for VR and with Occulus we would at least get games and more co-op based ones that arent borked like the PSVR version of Raw Data. Bethesda skimmed over their VR offerings, Sony will do the same and give a quick trailer. Sony know they are hindered by the base ps4 for VR so probably won't fully go all in until the PS5 which is 2-3 years away. I aint waiting until then playing the crap they seem to offer now.

Yeah we feel very similar, I do think that PCVR is the way to go, I have to start saving for a decent computer and a VR headset. Plus things like Dolphin VR makes me want it bad. I would've though PSVR would be the way to go as they have the hardware sales but it looks like the PSVR will go the way of the Vita, which I loved but its hard to only play indies after getting amazing games so early.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Sounds like you're in the mindset me and my VR friends are at with PSVR, This year has been shocking, Wave shooters or or quick experience type games...
VR-only games largely have to be short - unless they're also playable in non-VR (e.g., RE7, Wipeout, Skyrim, since it was built on the existing hugely popular game), there simply isn't sufficient audience to support a full-length, AAA game. The VR audience is minuscule compared to the non-VR audience.

That said, I have no interest in wave shooters and I've been drowning in a sea of new and good games recently released; my VR backlog is getting really embarassing. Wipeout, Skyrim, Sparc, Sprint Vector, Dino Frontier, Invisible Hours, Moss, Apex Construct, Solus Project, and Superhot VR are all great, and my wishlist includes games like To The Top, Rangi, Along Together, Super Amazeballs, Floor Plan, and Megaton Rainfall. And now that I glance at the PS Store, both Star Child and The Persistence recently released - I didn't even know they'd come out, but thought they were standouts on the second Demo Disc. To say that there's been a drought of non-wave-shooter PSVR games calls for an impressively selective memory.

Manekast

Oct 25, 2017
Byron Bay
Damn no wonder the deal ended before E3.

Could be hugely dissapointing; no games
Could be hugely offensive to existing customers; VR Pro?

Gimme REVIII orsomethimg else meaty.

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$317.56 posted from EBgames Ebay using ozbargains stuff. + vr worlds + skyrim vr + gt sport + cam. DEAL.

I had this back on day 1. Only really played REVII and it BLEW MY FACE OFF.

Have; digitally already... going full digital btw.

Dirt Rally VR
Trackmania
Driveclub
REVII
Starbloid Arena
Rush of Blood

No move controllers yet.

What games did I miss? Huge sale on now.

Looking at: (all days of play discounts).

Robinson
The Inpatient
Doom VFR
Eagle Flight
Wipeout Omega
Arizona Sunshine
Eve: Valyrie Warzone
Farpoint (no move yet, no gun peripheral).

Anything I am missing? Sales everywhere. (I'm in Australia).

Solid list. I'd recommend Statik, Wipeout, Moss, and Bound. When you get the moves get Superhot, To The Top, Sprint Vector, and Apex Construct. There are loads of demos on the store now as well that are well worth checking out as well.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Y'all making lists but leaving Polybius out.

Jeff Gerstmann bought a PSVR because of Polybius and Polybius alone.

It's my most played PSVR game by a country mile.