Status
Not open for further replies.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Kojima/Konami incident was fake

e30.png

Quite an expensive trick to just get some laughs :)

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
its real here , it goes nowhere atm.

This may be the only game I will pre-order, knowing it's a Sony game so there is a TOTAL ZERO CHANCE that those pre-order items ill be available later in the store unlike S-e games and Capcom games and totally liek Bethesda games. Sadly this is the truth.

Edit: Wait what? below there is a notice, in-game items unlock via story progression, so this is exactly like Spider-Man pre-order suits that get unlocked later so we won't lose anything if we don't pre-order. If this is the case, then thank you very much Kojima.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Yo wtf didn't think it would still be live.

Yeah they are making to be the biggest thing in gaming. Im worried for people expectations.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
The wording on that description is interesting , seems like The Death Stranding is the name of what caused everything to get fucked up not just the name of the game

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what? below there is a notice, in-game items unlock via story progression, so this is exactly like Spider-Man pre-order suits that get unlocked later so we won't lose anything if we don't pre-order. If this is the case, then thank you very much Kojima.
They're skins for items you get in the game. You don't have the items when the game starts so you can't use the skins either. That's what they mean.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Edit: Wait what? below there is a notice, in-game items unlock via story progression, so this is exactly like Spider-Man pre-order suits that get unlocked later so we won't lose anything if we don't pre-order. If this is the case, then thank you very much Kojima.
That just means that items will not be available from start, but that they will be added in the game at the appropriate time.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
They're skins for items you get in the game. You don't have the items when the game starts so you can't use the skins either. That's what they mean.

That just means that items will not be available from start, but that they will be added in the game at the appropriate time.

If Kojima does this like what Insomniac did, I will be very garetful to him. I don't want to miss any stuff from any game but you know I can't pre-order all games (in fact I can't pre-order most of the games) but I will be willing to pay any extra stuff they will release including pre-order items. Id we unlock those same items later, then is so damn humane from him.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
If Kojima does this like what Insomniac did, I will be very garetful to him. I don't want to miss any stuff from any game but you know I can't pre-order all games (in fact I can't pre-order most of the games) but I will be willing to pay any extra stuff they will release including pre-order items. Id we unlock those same items later, then is so damn humane from him.

It does say it's unlock able via game progress in the pre order bonus page

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It does say it's unlock able via game progress in the pre order bonus page

The items will not be available for people who do not preorder.

It says "in-game items unlock through story progression". This means you won't receive the preorder items when the game starts, because the player hasn't unlocked the 'speed skeleton' yet. Once you have progressed, then pre-order players will receive the 'gold speed skeleton'.

Of course, I'd prefer to be wrong...

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The items will not be available for people who do not preorder.

It says "in-game items unlock through story progression". This means you won't receive the preorder items when the game starts, because the player hasn't unlocked the 'speed skeleton' yet. Once you have progressed, then pre-order players will receive the 'gold speed skeleton'.

Of course, I'd prefer to be wrong...

Really? If this is the case then this sucks so much. They need to explain this just like the Spider-Man pre-order suits that anyone who didn't pre-order the game could unlock them via story progression so not a single person who buys the game can miss any content of it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
When should we expect to see the trailer? Few hours from now? God, I'm excited.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
When should we expect to see the trailer? Few hours from now? God, I'm excited.

Damn all of this happened? I knew Kojima would troll us. I wouldn't even be surprised if he releases a demo today.

In fact I was even expecting either Death Stranding or TLOU2 to release this year: https://reddit.com/r/DeathStranding...able_italian_journalist_whos_leaked_multiple/

But both getting released this year (The other TLOU2 rumor thread says so)??? This is purely insane tbh if this happens. Cus both titans will be clashing togetehr for GOTY position which is not sane tbh.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Same here! It's still surprising that pre-order discounts at that time were so generous on us when the game was announced. I remember I got also Kingdom hearts 3 for that price too for preordering with the e3 + Amazon discounts!

I left Canada last year and having to renounced my DS, Days Gone, Spiderman and KH3 preorders was hard.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
What if Death Stranding is actually TLOU2s multiplayer mode? Think about it and connect the dots. It makes zero sense.

Feb 26, 2018
You know whats the best thing about new DS trailer?
Someone gonna do another 2 hour long crazy video analysis of it. Love them

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Demo maybe. He done it already once.

This. I am fully expecting some kind of demo especially that the theme now is help us reconnect, just to give us a sneak peak of the full extent of the game and to work as an intro for the game and to allow Kojima to gather data and see how his game may work in the near future.

Last edited:

Alienware

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Italy
I think it drops right after midnight in Japan, 3 hours from now.
It would also be consistent with being in the US news cycle for the whole day, which is something I think Sony cares about.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I know it's not releated but the trailer may drop the moment the June PS Plus get announced. I know it's a far stretch but what if, there is a prelude game, demo beta, early access to Death Stranding like Ground Zeroes for PS Plus owners?

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I doubt a demo is coming. Kojima has said he does not want or even like the idea of spoiling a game by showing it off early, so imagine playing a segment of it early for months+...It'd spoil the final experience from what he's said.

But I guess the counter argument would be that it's a game with supposedly new game mechanics so they may want people to dip their toes in a see what the fuss is about so they can he hooked.

Just my personal opinion but I lean towards the 1st opinion. Also, yeah Kojima has done demos in the past but I don't think Sony are big on demos.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I discoverd this band today, thanks to Kojima. I really want to see his playlist.

Last edited:

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Talking specifically about Kojima i am ready to be proven wrong but i see the whole Death Stranding marketing campaign, the way actors and movie guys talk about it (You are not prepared, genre defining,etc) as hyperbole.

I really want Kojima to convince me otherwise starting with today's trailer. Hopefully it will be more than just a bunch of metaphorical themes and it will show the substance of a great gameplay.

There is nothing wrong with teasing and it's fun, but unnecessary doing it this way.
How is it unnecessary if plenty of fans enjoy it? Shouldn't you just then take it as different people enjoy different things?

The idea of "I don't like it therefore it shouldn't have been done this way" is dare I say toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.