• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Next OT Name

• PlayStation Studios |OT I/O| The Future of Gaming

Votes: 215 59.7%
  • PlayStation Studios |OT I/O|

Votes: 103 28.6%
  • PlayStation Studios |OTI0| Input/Output

Votes: 42 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I actually dont think its as little as that. Just not a lot of games. Sure some in engine stuff but I think at least some with a bit of meat.

Im tired of it as well but Im giving them a pass because of the pandemic.

I expect we will get some 3 to 5 min trailers of gameplay at least from first party .
Most of the time now Sony show of games with gameplay trailers so it should not be a problem .

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
How are yall twisting vague statements to mean this is going to be a small showcase, goddamn XD
tumblr_inline_n6zu5p83VY1rx3703.gif

Yeah, I'm confused on how people are taking "this is a games focused reveal" to mean "don't expect many games". If Sony wants to show what's possible on PS5, I'm not expecting cutscenes and crossgen games.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
jeez they still have so much to show, like the UI and design of the console. I don't mind them breaking up the reveal into multiple state of play till the console launch

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My first thought is after the event Sony essentially has opened the floodgate and a lot of next-gen stuff will be shown from 3rd party publishers and MS after.

My second thought is with Herman Hurst in charge and how he revealed Horzion, I expect first-party games will be revealed in similar ways at next week's event.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
We'll see in a week, I guess. The wording in the article is vague enough that you can pretty much extrapolate anything you want out of it. I'm pretty naturally tuned toward seeing the dark side of most statements.

My expectations remain in the sub-basement beneath the sub-basement, but maybe some complete out-of-left-field shocker project will get announced. If Sony comes blazing out of the gate next gen with a brand new RPG IP (Western or Japanese, I truly don't care) it would go a long way toward turning my opinion on them around.
I think the likelihood of a jrpg is higher than a western one, but Im not sure theyll begin with that. Its sadly a long road ahead. :/

But Japan Studios restructure gives me faith.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This thread jumped pages in 30 minutes based on a leak of an announcement. Y'all are crazy lol

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You know how a state of play starts with a PS4 booting up?
Would be really cool to end the SoP with a ps5 booting up, and then just an announcement of the reveal next week. No other details than that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think the likelihood of a jrpg is higher than a western one, but Im not sure theyll begin with that. Its sadly a long road ahead. :/

But Japan Studios restructure gives me faith.

Honestly, the dream project for me would be a party-style western RPG from Naughty Dog. Their level of detail and character work but built around a gameplay structure with actual character, narrative and gameplay flexibility would be a fucking silver bullet for me.

Like I don't care about TLOU2 at all but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be on board in a second with some kind of fantasy or historically-focused RPG out of ND.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
jeez they still have so much to show, like the UI and design of the console. I don't mind them breaking up the reveal into multiple state of play till the console launch
The UI is on of the most exciting features, you always know right away you're playing with a new gen console when you first boot up and see that slick new UI that makes you go WOW

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
... if I were Sony, what game would I want to show first?

I gotta believe that it'll be Horizon, a true technical showcase and has the broadest appeal of all the expected launch-window games.

I selfishly want it to be Demon's Souls Remake though.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I gotta believe that it'll be Horizon, a true technical showcase and has the broadest appeal of all the expected launch-window games.

If Horizon is ready, then Horizon. But I would start with Demon's Souls Remake.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017

Can't start with the big hitter, Horizon is your closer. Demon's Souls should bat lead off.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Not many games are going to be ready to show gameplay, so I guess we'll see the ones who are coming at launch or early next year.

Are any articles or specific people saying that it's just going to be gameplay? I just read it as Sony being aware of people wanting to see gameplay in this presentation. If they show a couple major games with actual gameplay, then if they mix in others that might not have gameplay (or have it but in a cinematic trailer) then it'll go over much better. Like open with lengthy gameplay from Demon's Souls and then transition into a trailer of another game.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I want to see BP's secret game.
Hopefully we get another stream event detailing the features of the system, and more talk about bc, and the possibility of ps1/ps2 bc.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
Are any articles or specific people saying that it's just going to be gameplay? I just read it as Sony being aware of people wanting to see gameplay in this presentation. If they show a couple major games with actual gameplay, then if they mix in others that might not have gameplay (or have it but in a cinematic trailer) then it'll go over much better. Like open with lengthy gameplay from Demon's Souls and then transition into a trailer of another game.

You're actually right, no one said that it's going to be just gameplay. It would be nice if it was a mix of both.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
June 3rd will be the day where we will see the glorious Horizon sequel

I CAN'T WAIT GUYS

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Could also make for a great ending .
You know it going to look fucking amazing .
Show a long gameplay trailer like the first HZD and it would end the show on a high note.

Honestly, it depends on how close it is to release. If Horizon 2 is in a good enough place to show gameplay, open with that since it's pretty much gaming's worst-kept secret.

You typically want your closer to be something shocking and mindblowing that leaves people thinking, so leave the final reveal as something people haven't seen or heard about before.

Status
Not open for further replies.