• Any Given Tuesday

Votes: 174 23.0%
  • But for Sony, it was Tuesday.

Votes: 138 18.3%
  • The Summer of Jin

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • Ghost of PS5 Part II

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • We are going to reveal the full slate for |OT10| real SOON.

Votes: 107 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The last couple weeks has been pretty rough for TLOU2, with the spoilers and negativity around the studio. But man, this song really puts me in the mood for the game. Let the hype begin.

(spotify link so you don't have to go to youtube. I'm sure the comments on this video are full of spoilers too)

I am already crying 😭😭😭

Come at me TLOU2

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
At this pace we might reach OT9 before the PS5 reveal event lmao

I made this quick, it's very fitting! haha

giphy.gif

Miggy

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all know I'm down for any multiplayer if I have it

Lets go! Lets get this squad poppin'

I'd be up for trying it! I'm just not good at multiplayer games/shooters at all, both due to nolt great at twitch actions and just never played them much. It's why I avoid playing with randoms out of fear of getting harassed.

Nice! Dunno where the best place is to exchange PSN names, but it shouldn't be that difficult.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I used to think Minecraft is the only game where there are infinite possibilities, now I think Dreams is on that list.
Minecraft PC have that privilege of infinite possibilities with mods.

If Dreams PC would be exist, modders will remove the Thermometers and build Dreams without limitations.

Though, the console will push everyone creativity while trying to solve/work around the limitations.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd play it (and only sony 1st party games w/ multiplayer modes) if I ever actually had someone to play them with :'(
There are a few peeps here that still play it like DriftingSpirit Blackleg-sanji1 and me.
We should squad up one of these days. Ya'll up for it?
Me, Miggy, Sanji, and Queen in TLoU.

Run it. Just gotta figure out the timing and what not.

O shit that's the golds!? The fuck
Always something.

Imma keep messing with em.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly thought they would show something this week but I'm not so sure. I dont remember the last new IP to have such little info out so close to release. I presume the game is complete and that they are just squashing bugs at this point.
I understand your frustration. But tomorrow Sony is restarting TLOU2 marketing campaign, we'll probably hear (watch) more from GoT soon too. I don't think Sony will wait until Last is released to ramp up Ghost marketing, since they will release close to each other.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Lets go! Lets get this squad poppin'

Nice! Dunno where the best place is to exchange PSN names, but it shouldn't be that difficult.

\o/ I use discord and then ERA PM's always work too.

Minecraft PC have that privilege of infinite possibilities with mods.

If Dreams PC would be exist, modders will remove the Thermometers and build Dreams without limitations.

Though, the console will push everyone creativity while trying to solve/work around the limitations.

I've never used any non texture pack mods for minecraft pc but there are just so many it astounds me.

Me, Miggy, Sanji, and Queen in TLoU.

Run it. Just gotta figure out the timing and what not.

Always something.

Imma keep messing with em.

\o/ Sounds like fun!

Deleted member 60846

Oct 24, 2019
Division...ugh I think I got both of them I haven't started 2 yet so might not be no help to you

I own 2 but haven't played it yet either (shamefully, since it's my hometown lol). If you ever start it up, lemme know. Been meaning to get around to it, but it's much less fun without a squad.

Also might go back for the plat in Div 1 some day

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
Just started replaying Uncharted Drake's fortune and an impressed by animation still. So much personality is down during gameplay just showing animations. I wonder how people would have felt when playing on release compared to other genres with stiff animation

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Dreams demo have Japanese exclusive Dreams?

I know that the demo have Ruckus from the trailer, and it was made by a Japanese, but do they have more???

In my opinion, Japanese Dreams are also amazing and should be played by all, albeit...

They still in Japanese language only, so maybe that's why they didn't include it in the demo... : /

Dreams from Japanese creators compiled from Twitter.

First-person horror.

Hiking game.

2D platformer.

Last edited:

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Speaking of Minecraft, does it ever go on sale? My nephew really enjoys the trial but it only last 90 minutes before I have to delete the save and start over. We have done that about 10 odd times now lol. He got me into the game as well after all this time.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
These are the games I have with some kind of multi/coop, though some I haven't played in ages:

Rocket League
Tekken 7
Ace Combat 7
Borderlands 3
Battlefield 1
Battlefront 1 & 2
Uncharted 4/TLL
Everybody's Golf
GT Sport
Driveclub :(
Overcooked 2
A Way Out
Titanfall 2
Monster Hunter World
Final Fantasy XV Comrades
Destiny 2
Ghost Recon Wildlands
The Last of Us
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
The Division 2

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
The games I own that have multiplayer are:

The Tomb raider games (do all 3 have multiplayer?)
All the Uncharted Games (though not played any of the ones with MP yet)
Diablo 3
TLoU: Remastered
Monster Hunter World (Though not started/tried the game yet)

Not the biggest selection I know, might be more games I own that have MP but that I don't know about it since I haven't played them yet.

FullNelson

Jan 28, 2019
The games I own that have multiplayer are:

The Tomb raider games (do all 3 have multiplayer?)
All the Uncharted Games (though not played any of the ones with MP yet)
Diablo 3
TLoU: Remastered
Monster Hunter World (Though not started/tried the game yet)

Not the biggest selection I know, might be more games I own that have MP but that I don't know about it since I haven't played them yet.

But you have the GOTG multiplayer over there, MONSTER HUNTER WORLD.

Oct 25, 2017

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Got 7 quotes, some by not following the whole conversation as usual, so for the ones that did (aka not the ones saying "uh, bad take?", and "lol videogames are meant to be played and buttons do actions", no shit...):
What differentiates BotW from TLOU for purposes of watching vs playing?

Both have a focus on gameplay. That's the differentiator between watching and playing. Seems pretty straightforward to me.
BOTW was an example amongst many, so sorry for those that didn't like it, but...

TLOU is an extremely linear game in terms of level design (don't think you need to replay it to verify that) and storytelling (no choice you make matters).
You have nearly no choice in terms of gameplay either (you have your few guns, shoot them, some grenades at best). That's it.
That's why I said there's not a focus on gameplay. That doesn't mean it isn't necessarily good.
Just like saying the storytelling is linear doesn't mean it's necessarily bad.

Hence the "regardless of whether you play it or watch a full playthrough you'll get the same experience" (if you get immersed enough).

Of course you can say "you should watch a movie to truly experience it" (or similar for book/music/etc), that doesn't change anything in the end.
Sigh. The common argument that the last of us has no gameplay worth playing. Aside from the fact that the multi-player for TLOU is still going strong, a mode that just features the game play in its raw form, I will say this...

Just because a game is linear and a third person shooter, doesn't mean it has no value in the game play choices you make. All the combat encounters are refined to a T to make you feel super stressed and intense especially when making decisions in combat on the higher difficulties. Without that hand experience of being scared for your life and scrambling to craft and manage ammo with only a few shots left, a lot of the impact of the game is lost. On top of that the games really big combat encounters are some of the most varied and fun combat zones to explore with many options for approach (bills town - when moving towards the high-school, university dorms, hospital push, etc.). Just because the game has fantastic cutscenes and can be enjoyed just by watching them, the joy of actually experiencing the game cannot be matched by watching someone else play.

Additionally, many of the exploratory parts of TLOU can be missed by players who don't go to see everything. This is the ENTIRE point of games. You are supposed to play it yourself and experience the game exactly as you want to. Watching a let's play you may go "hey check in there" and they don't. You are simply a viewer. If you were playing you could go explore the area you saw if you want. How would ISH's story be told if the player missed the items? How could you feel the satisfaction of upgrading your shotgun if you never felt the difference before and after? How can you feel for Joel and Ellie if you weren't the one guiding them on their journey? Literally 90 percent of the last of us is linked to the gameplay. Story and dialogue can be experienced half heartedly via lets plays but the gameplay of TLOU actually holds most of its worthwhile experiences.

On a side note getting real sick of the LOU gameplay shenanigans. Its funny you bring up BOTW cause grounded TLOU made me infinitely more engaged and challenged then anything in BOTW. BOTW is an exploratory based game with serviceable at best combat. Its great, but just because you have choices to explore an open world doesn't make the core gameplay any more refined that TLOU. As a matter of fact, the core gameplay of TLOU is much tighter and more challenging offering a more rewarding combat experience in subsequent playthroughs. In BOTW I don't think I died once outside of falling off cliffs a lot a the start of the game because combat is a parry spam dodge fest. The game doesn't force you to engage in difficult combat. Even the ancient machines became a walk in the park once you find a couple ancient arrows.
Check above for "gameplay worth playing". That's not what I've said, thank you.

And again, BOTW was the first example that came to mind as a AAA game giving multiple options to attain something, just like I could have used MGSV or another one.

Oct 25, 2017
😂😭. Same time tonight? We gotta grab Lead
Aight we in there.

Ah a way out. What a fun co op game aye DriftingSpirit 👀🚶🏾
Mhm 🚶‍♂️

521323570597724181.png

Cool, cool.

Running TLoU again? 👀
Yerp.

Hope y'all pull ya weight every single game cuz drift won't let you live it down..🚶🏾
I need to make sure I'm on point first 😭

You know it. Probably 8-9pm knowing drift
Know me so well. I'll say 8:30.

Oct 27, 2017
Makes it a critical point because we're getting close to when these consoles are supposed to release. Hopefully they do something within the next 30 days like you say. Their messaging has been horrible.
Unlike MS, Sony actually has upcoming content to market and aren't desperate to see the back of this generation. They're not going to undercut themselves by prematurely focusing on the PS5.

I feel this point needs to be hammered home; MS and Sony are not in the same position. PS is the industry leader by a significant margin. Xbox are trying to claw back mindshare. Taking these points into consideration why would their approach to marketing be the same?

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
But you have the GOTG multiplayer over there, MONSTER HUNTER WORLD.

I really need to try it eventually. I tried getting into the MH series with MH3U for Wii U, it was my first MH game. I gave up after about 10 or so hours into it as I just wasn't having fun and it was way too clunky/tedious for me tastes. Evertyhing I've seen of World seems that it simplified many things and made the series less clunky/more accessible so I'm hoping it'll click for me and then I'll be even more excited for a MHW2 on PS5!

Okay!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
BOTW was an example amongst many, so sorry for those that didn't like it, but...

TLOU is an extremely linear game in terms of level design (don't think you need to replay it to verify that) and storytelling (no choice you make matters).
You have nearly no choice in terms of gameplay either (you have your few guns, shoot them, some grenades at best). That's it.
That's why I said there's not a focus on gameplay. That doesn't mean it isn't necessarily good.

Hence the "regardless of whether you play it or watch a full playthrough you'll get the same experience" (if you get immersed enough).

Of course you can say "you should watch a movie to truly experience it" (or similar for book/music/etc), that doesn't change anything in the end.

It's also important to note that people digest narrative in different ways. Some people identify more strongly with books than with movies, other people don't have the patience or imagination to read a novel but can heavily invest in a visual medium like film or TV.

In the same vein, the idea that you have to pay $60 and sit through a heavily narrative-driven game for 10, 20 or 30 hours to be qualified to talk about it doesn't really work, because not everybody is going to get the same level of value out of the gameplay part as everybody else. Some people might only need to see the cutscenes to know all they need to know about a story.

Oct 25, 2017
Got 7 quotes, some by not following the whole conversation as usual, so for the ones that did (aka not the ones saying "uh, bad take?", and "lol videogames are meant to be played and buttons do actions", no shit...):

Check above for "gameplay worth playing". That's not what I've said, thank you.

And again, BOTW was the first example that came to mind as a AAA game giving multiple options to attain something, just like I could have used MGSV or another one.

Wow. What an absolutely shitty reductive take. No choice in the gameplay?

Lmao. Just cause shits not an open world game like BotW doesn't mean it doesn't have choice.

TLOU has a focus on gameplay. The gameplay in TLOU is excellent. I'll take TLOU gameplay over most games.

Everything you said about TLOU with regards to watching/playing it can be applied to any game. Why play any game, when you can watch a 100% walk through of it.

Oct 25, 2017
The last month has felt like a year. If you think 5 to 6 months is "close" and the marketing efforts must ramp up now... I don't know what to say.

I'm sorry what? The more time that passes the more critical it gets I don't know why it's difficult for you to understand. And yes 5 to 6 months for a whole new gen is close.

Unlike MS, Sony actually has upcoming content to market and aren't desperate to see the back of this generation. They're not going to undercut themselves by prematurely focusing on the PS5.

I feel this point needs to be hammered home; MS and Sony are not in the same position. PS is the industry leader by a significant margin. Xbox are trying to claw back mindshare. Taking these points into consideration why would their approach to marketing be the same?

Still don't see how they undercut themselves by being transparent and saying when they will show something. You guys act like the PS4 wasn't in this exact same scenario as the PS5 is right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Random thought with the new update Unreal engine 4 better add two wheel support for next gen and stop giving bend all this trouble lol

Status
Not open for further replies.