Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Heh so my ps5 won't recognize my lan cable anymore, despite testing it it just won't. Says nothing is connected. I've read online some people think the heat may have messed up the cable for them in similar scenarios. Any have this happen to them? Is my only option to buy a new lan cable? It was only 4 months old

Edit: huh swapping the lan cable to a different port on the router worked??

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Heh so my ps5 won't recognize my lan cable anymore, despite testing it it just won't. Says nothing is connected. I've read online some people think the heat may have messed up the cable for them in similar scenarios. Any have this happen to them? Is my only option to buy a new lan cable? It was only 4 months old

Edit: huh swapping the lan cable to a different port on the router worked??
Congrats that you found a fix! :)

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Completely unrelated but did anyone else just have a cookie/privacy manager button pop up on Era's overlay in the bottom right corner? It's extremely annoying on mobile.

1 gift from BabyDontHurtMe

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from BabyDontHurtMe BabyDontHurtMe!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

BabyDontHurtMe said:
I don't particularly care for this update, so here's the NA beta code I got in an email.

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 5 (US) PlayStation 5 (US): PS5 Firmware Beta Code (US) - Won by JAY_HORROR JAY_HORROR (1 entry)

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Gotta tip your hat at Sony committing so much effort into Concord, despite the public reception being rather muted to put it mildly.

Yeah...

30 days until launch and the game is out of top 300 on PS Store (US) and keeps falling. And this is right after a open beta.

It got completely rejected by the market and will likely end up being the biggest bomb Sony has ever put out since this doesn't look like a low budget game. I mean it even got announced with a ~5 minute CG trailer.

Maybe they can turn it around somehow, but things are definitely not looking good for them.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...

30 days until launch and the game is out of top 300 on PS Store (US) and keeps falling. And this is right after a open beta.

It got completely rejected by the market and will likely end up being the biggest bomb Sony has ever put out since this doesn't look like a low budget game. I mean it even got announced with a ~5 minute CG trailer.

Maybe they can turn it around somehow, but things are definitely not looking good for them.

The signs are really bad, especially for a first party game that would normally get "free" advertisement on the front of the PSN store.

And for those who say that Sony hasn't started the marketing yet, AstroBot has been in the top 10 virtually every day since pre-orders went up and it comes out in September. Sony ramping up the marketing (even though I still say that they already started marketing the game with the beta) isn't going to make much of a difference right now. The market does not seem interested in this game.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Finished Rise of the Ronin. Decent game but I wish they'd head into another direction story wise. It became a mess at the end; so many names, so many character.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

This was really cool!

I kind of wish the game had this stylized, cell shaded aesthetic. Not that I think the current art direction looks bad (it's a really impressive looking game), I'm just a sucker for 2D art, and have a soft spot for 3D games that evoke that 2D look, like Sable, for example. And X-Men '97 on the animated show front.

Sony is definitely pushing Concord hard, which is good, it's just such a shame that discourse surrounding this game is so fucking poison. I'm definitely going to avoid any comments sections related to this game. It's a shit show, as expected. :(

goflyakite

Jul 21, 2023
Yeah...

Is this supposed to read top 30?

goflyakite

Jul 21, 2023
Nope, ranked #376 by my count (I counted manually so I could be off by about 10 in either direction).
For context, it was like 5 places above Resident Evil 6, and 30 spaces below Gotham Knights.
Interesting. I'm in Canada, and it's ranked #44 in best selling pre orders. Still not setting the country on fire but the difference between the two is weird.

Edit: three spots behind Metaphor: ReFantazio and two spots behind Smite 2 Founder's Edition

Vivaladragon

May 5, 2020
Interesting. I'm in Canada, and it's ranked #44 in best selling pre orders. Still not setting the country on fire but the difference between the two is weird.

Edit: three spots behind Metaphor: ReFantazio and two spots behind Smite 2 Founder's Edition

Weird. Maybe they use some sort of algorithm to determine what "best-selling" means, and the US and Canada stores use slightly different algorithms. But why would you use an algorithm instead of just ranking them by "has sold the most copies in X amount of time", and why would it differ by country?

I don't know, maybe the canucks really are just ravenous for a new hero shooter.

Measure

Aug 14, 2020
man Lost Soul Aside looked really good. But man was that a short ass presentation. Game is not coming out this decade :(

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Tbh looking at Gematsu's schedule the rest of the day is whatever.
The next 2 days they have more streams to highlight individual interesting games. Tomorrow they have an Astro Bot session (will be funny if this is where we first see unedited gameplay), Wuthering Waves and Unending Dawn (new China Hero game) and on Sunday they have Phantom Blade 0, Infinity Nikki, Loulan (new China Hero game) and Project Jinyiwei (new China Hero game).

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

My link is from the overall store, not just pre-orders. I don't like to use the pre-orders page since I don't think it gives a good idea of how the game is performing, and it also splits games depending on their versions (regular/limited edition etc).

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda getting excited to play as a certain mutant after a certain movie...
Might have to dust off old reliable for now:
818aL0CW8oL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

At least we're getting MVC Collection too.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Also idk how much has this been talked about here yet, and I guess there might be some placebo to it, but the new 3d audio profiles in the PS5 beta sound way better than I remember them being. It's an actual noticeable improvement in locality of sounds.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Been having a blast with demos and trials lol. I decided to take a small break from the obscenely long epics I'm playing like rebirth and bg3 and just dabble in some of the interesting looking games that were released.

Stellar blade: top of my list to get. I love how quick and easy it is to pick up and play. Great aesthetics and combat. Its methodical but more gamey than souls with extra abilities.

Avatar: surprisingly fun, i like the movement and the environments. It's still ubi at its dna but i like it. I think this one needs to be played on pc though, the image quality is a touch low.

Rise of Runin: i really like the character movement, setting and feeling. I chose the female she looks cooler than the guy. It's also not bad looking i was expecting way worse. Visually it's actually nice. Look forward to seeing more from the combat.

I plan to get all three

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.