Status
Not open for further replies.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Watched the SoP this morning as it was too late for me yesterday and I thought it was a good SoP with Astrobot being the clear showstopper.

Although Concord is not my kind of game I thought it looked good, and its obvious they want some SIE DNA in there with the new cinmetics every week which I find interesting as I thught the CGI was great.

Dynasty Warrior looked good am interested in seeing more

Where winds meet is probably my second game of the show, looked really good.

Ballad of Antara is interesting and want to see more of it.

Dont have PSVR2 so the 2 VR games didnt do anything for me personally but Behemoth actually looked good.

Marvel Rivals not into those games so thats a skip for me

Until Dawn unless they add a bunch of content I think I am good as for me its a game I only like to play once.

Path of Exile 2 looked interesting to me and deinftely interested

SH2 remake looked ok and never played the original so will get it down the line

Monster Hunt Wild 2 looked really great and compliments the top 3 for me in this SoP

Astrobot though what can I say thats a clear GOTY candidate one of the best reveals I have seen for awhile. It just had everything.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the SOP. It was decent enough, not too much really excited me apart from Astrobot, that was a great trailer.

I do think Concord could do well if it does what it's set out to do, I'm not up to date but didn't Overwatch 2 not do well? There's a gap that Sony can take advantage of.

VinnyD

May 29, 2024
Kind of feel like Astro will be one of the Sony games at SGF next week, considering preorders start the same day. Just seems too weird to be a coincidence. Question is, what exactly would they show?

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
Astro Bot and Nikki look great! Everything else is a little bit "eh" for me. Until Dawn remake doesn't really differentiate itself from the original enough to convince me to buy.

nee33344

May 15, 2024
The price of concord is gonna be very intriguing, 70 for a pvp live service hero shooter is a hard sell. It's also very curious on what's gonna happen to firewalk studios If the game flops. Also you guys aren't considering the content pipeline, how are They gonna keep players engaged? Will the game have an active playerbase? These are very crucial questions.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Concord looked like a game that should have been released six or seven years ago, going by the overall theming and character designs, yet it looked fun to play, if slightly unoriginal.

This has to be priced the same as Helldivers 2 though, has to, otherwise it is not going to last very long.

Astro Bot looked outstanding, and whilst I would prefer to see a £50 price tag to ensure this does very well for itself, I already know it is going to be £70 — obviously I will buy this, but after Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, will the general public pay this kind of money?

Until Dawn is a great game, but I have already been through it twice, and I doubt the remake is going to have anything new outside of prettier visuals. Again, I hope this is priced accordingly.

Silent Hill 2 looks simultaneously great and pretty clunky. The silted cutscene animations really drags the presentation down, yet the town of Silent Hill looks convincingly atmospheric … 🌫️

If I had to grade this State of Play? It was 'alright'. A 5 or 6 out of ten, if only for the strong and confident showing of Astro Bot at the end!

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
That Astro is the first 3D platformer ever that seems to approach Mario quality. I'm so hyped.

I would pay extra for an adorable figure.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Nah its a valid point, people who are interested in love service pvp games aren't there for cinematics, they are there for the actual game itself.

The issue was made worse that it was a relatively short SoP but it's also completely overblown. People will just start uploading vids of with the just the gameplay portion too. It's not such a massive deal like people are making it out to be and I'm shocked at the reactions.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm not really feeling Concord; was hoping for something closer to PvE. Until Dawn remake is also really weird lol

Astro will probably be my GOTY tbqh though :)

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
The price of concord is gonna be very intriguing, 70 for a pvp live service hero shooter is a hard sell. It's also very curious on what's gonna happen to firewalk studios If the game flops. Also you guys aren't considering the content pipeline, how are They gonna keep players engaged? Will the game have an active playerbase? These are very crucial questions.

The Concord galaxy is full of danger and adventure, and we'll be unwrapping more in the coming weeks and months. At launch, Concord will have a roster of 16 distinct Freegunners to learn and master, and the Northstar crew will grow over time through regular, free post-launch updates that introduce new playable Freegunners, maps, modes, cinematic vignettes, and more.

blog.playstation.com

Concord gameplay revealed, launching August 23, 2024 on PS5 and PC

Firewalk shares the first in-depth look at the gameplay, universe, and characters of Concord.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
The CGI trailer for Concord was absolutely needed to give some context and personality to the characters before jumping into the gameplay.

The trailer was just a bit long and people think it ate up into the already short running time of the show.

If this was a showcase that opened with the new SMS game and had some other big announcements, I don't think people would be complaining that much about Concord.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Astro Bot & Space Marine II within 3 days of each other.

I need to book some time off work.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The perceived value of something is more important than its true value. Astro will not sell as much as it could if it comes at full price (being a flop or not comes down to the development cost). It's a platformer with a character that is still not really well-known and the first contact the majority of players had with the IP was with a free experience when they bought their PS5.
I'm sure most people who play and love Helldivers 2 would gladly pay full price for it now, but when it came out the lower price point helped it push through in a very competitive space.
Concord will also have to come out at a competitive price if they want a chance to succeed. It will come out at the same time as a very similar game with Marvel characters that is free to play.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Although we already knew it would be a online game after seeing Concord for me personally kind of sad that its no single player with campaign game as I like the vibe they are going for.
I enjoyed the cinematic they had

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
Guess we will know in the next week about pricing. 16 heroes gives you a lot of time to learn and PvP itself basically makes players engaged for a while and then if they have a good update schedule it can do fine. They say every week there will be a new cinematic which tells the story of this world. I really like that.

We will know how general gaming community will react once open beta release. I think there is some space for a hero shooter. Visually it looks good and gameplay seems very fluid. Again no trailer will do justice to a MP game unless it's from established IP like CoD, Battlefield

Velgo

Dec 9, 2021
Another PS Event towards the end of the year according to Tom Henderson. This is surely where they reveal Lego Horizon

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I hope the event would be 30th anniversary celebration too.

Go bigger than Future of Gaming/Showcase/E3 even. 🤷‍♂️

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
By the way Astrobot PS store is up. More than 50 planets and team up with Playstation heroes. Real GoTY

- Embark on a galactic quest and explore more than 50 planets in search of ASTRO's lost crew.
- Dash, swing, and rocket-punch your way through this journey, with all-new power-ups.
- Feel the world come to life via your DualSense® wireless controller.
- Team up with iconic PlayStation heroes to save the galaxy!

Edit: Silent Hill is open for preorders too. Good pricing honestly

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really digging Concord, and it seems way beefier than I expected. Character/story vignettes every week, plenty of heroes at launch, and multiple maps. It looks like they put alot into this.

Also love the aesthetic of Cowboy Bebop x Destiny. Visuals pop and designs of characters and weapons all look great so far.

All that's left is seeing how this actually feels and plays, whether it's as smooth and fun as it looks. Somersaulting around robot tub and decking it in the face looked cool lol. Some of the development team heads being former Bungie devs inspires confidence for the shooting that's for sure.

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
I'm actually really digging Concord, and it seems way beefier than I expected. Character/story vignettes every week, plenty of heroes at launch, and multiple maps. It looks like they put alot into this.

Also love the aesthetic of Cowboy Bebop x Destiny. Visuals pop and designs of characters and weapons all look great so far.

All that's left is seeing how this actually feels and plays, whether it's as smooth and fun as it looks. Somersaulting around robot tub and decking it in the face looked cool lol. Some of the development team heads being former Bungie devs inspires confidence for the shooting that's for sure.
Visually it looks really good for a hero shooter. They nailed the look imo. Gameplay looks very fluid which is the most important thing for a shooter. Character abilities, weapons seem okay from what is shown in the trailer.

Not so confident about the story and characters though. Feels like a parody of GoTG without an identity. Hope I am wrong.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Maybe this is the Monster Hunter that finally clicks with me.

Probably not though.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So Ballad of Antara is F2P. This and Infinite Nikki... plus ZZZ and Wuthering Waves soon.

GachaStation 5 forever.

weebs won.

Im curious how some of those action games are gonna work as Gacha games. Not gonna lie, kinda dampens my hype. But I guess with both being Free to Start, I can at least give 'em a shot.

Maybe this is the Monster Hunter that finally clicks with me.

Probably not though.
Considering this one is by the World team, I imagine one of their focuses is trying to make it a little more casual friendly like World was. They want that big player base.

I assume the Era thread is still just two sides arguing that either it looks awful compared to rise, or its next years GOTY. Im definitely on the GOTY side lol.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
My expectations were completely in check, I wanted Astro bot and I got Astro bot, it looks incredible. Despite not being a PvP kinda person I really enjoyed the characters and personality of Concord, not my kinda game but looked cool, otherwise Infinite Nikki, where winds meet and dynasty warriors?? Yeah I was pleased.

Also let PlayStation studios cook and I'm glad Sony is letting them do just that. Now excuse me while I watch the Astro bot trailer another 10 times to catch all the Easter eggs.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Also let PlayStation studios cook and I'm glad Sony is letting them do just that.

Yeah after the Astro Bot reveal trailer I like this more and more. Let the studios decide when they want to show something and we can get a reveal trailer like Astro Bot which is one of the best reveal trailers I have seen in a very long time.

Imagine a reveal trailer with so much gameplay for GoT2 later this year.

asd202

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best part of SoP is that for Sony games both Concord and Astro bot are coming out soon in like 3 months. I like the closer to release announcements.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
It's a platformer with a character that is still not really well-known and the first contact the majority of players had with the IP was with a free experience when they bought their PS5.

Every PS5 owner knows who Astro bot is, so it is a pretty well known character. Not to mention that it is included in every PS Studios intro when you launch a 1st party game.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
August - Star Wars outlaws
September - Astro bot
October - silent hill 2

Pretty stacked end of the year and that's not including other games that might be coming out around then too like The Plucky Squire etc

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Astrobot and MH Wilds looks amazing. Silent Hill 2 really left a positive impression on me that I put it on my wishlist. The rest is whatever and there is Concord. Oh boy not sure how this is gonna turn out. Of course it all depends on the price and other factors. But man those youtube comments are just savage and tbh I get where most of them are coming from. I mean they showed another CGI trailer (which was quite good for my taste) at the beginning then some gameplay and they gave it enough room to breath so that I can fully grasp what is the game about. I never played Overwatch but I could not figure what does it set apart from this game.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I assume the Era thread is still just two sides arguing that either it looks awful compared to rise, or its next years GOTY. Im definitely on the GOTY side lol.
7AeL.gif

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Something about Monster Hunter Wilds ist putting me off.

I loved MH World and I kinda wish Wilds looked more like World 2.

Jetpaction

Jun 2, 2019
The Netherlands
If Sony offers a 100 dollar deluxe ultra edition for Astro Bot I would buy it without giving it a second thought. We need more games like this. Sony needs more games like this.

And was it just me or did Until Dawn not really look that much better than the PS4 version? It makes me wonder if they went the remake route because the outdated Decima engine of the original was too much work to port over to PC and PS5?

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
So let's test this reveal strategy, do people prefer seeing Astro Bot revealed with a full gameplay trailer months before launch or would you rather a reveal with less gameplay in the 2023 showcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.