Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2023
PS5 Pro isn't going to be for the masses or average Joe. The base model is still there for everyone else. The Pro model is going to be for the enthusiast crowd. Sony said themselves last month that there isn't any room for a permanent price cut for the console right now. The MSRP has only gone up in the 40 months that the system has been on the market. There is almost 0 chance that Sony can put out a more powerful and higher cost system out for $499 at this time.

Like I said last week, I think Sony is going to use the Pro as a measuring stick for how much demand there is for a high-high end gaming console. $699 is not out of the realm of possibility, especially if those rumored specs are anywhere close to being true.
Still, PS4 pro at 400$ and PS5 pro at 600$ or more sound absolutely DoA and not very consumer friendly to me.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023
Jeez guys calm down, I don't want to burn Sony down lol. I love them but I just don't want to see them being 'arrogant' ever again.

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
Still, PS4 pro at 400$ and PS5 pro at 600$ or more sound absolutely DoA and anti-consumer to me.

Is anti consumer anything you just don't happen to like? You're not even doing an analysis on the price to see if it's actually a good value or not, you just have an arbitrary number with no reference for margins or what it takes to actually deliver a product, or comparing the product to what else is on the market.

If the recent leak is true, a PS5 Pro at $600 would be one of the best value purchases you could make in gaming at the moment.

What you're doing is the equivalent of saying no new car should cost more than $10,000 because it just feels right, and then labeling every car company anti consumer and arrogant cause they can't make one for that cheap in 2024.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Arrogant doesnt equal pricing a console so they dont take a bath on it. They lost tons on the PS3 as it was technically sold at quite the loss, even with such a high starting price.
Difference is, the base PS5 exists, dont want the all singing model, dont buy it. But unless Sony can perform magic they cant take a huge loss on a console, it'd be dooming them from the get go.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jeez guys calm down, I don't want to burn Sony down lol. I love them but I just don't want to see them being 'arrogant' ever again.

I don't think that Sony is arrogant because they are going to offer a higher end model for purchase. There is still the base model that can play every PS5 game perfectly fine. If Sony were to cut off the base model this year and only offer the Pro model as a higher price, then you might be able to sell me that arrogant Sony is back. As long as there are viable options for multiple markets, there shouldn't be any issues.

Neither Horizon game making it out of the first round is a travesty.

Jul 2, 2021

789.jpg

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
I don't really see how that would be arrogant, though?
People want the PRO to be a big update, but are unwilling to pay the necessary price for that to even be possible?

The whole tech sector has been impacted by Covid. It's the biggest reason why chips and other hardware parts are not getting cheaper years later.
It's not arrogance, but the reality of the current state of tech.

Oct 26, 2023
I love Ghost, but surprised it beat both Zero Dawn and Spider-Man 2 especially. I think people really loved its setting and atmosphere.

Woozy

Feb 22, 2022
I don't really see how that would be arrogant, though?
People want the PRO to be a big update, but are unwilling to pay the necessary price for that to even be possible?

The whole tech sector has been impacted by Covid. It's the biggest reason why chips and other hardware parts are not getting cheaper years later.
It's not arrogance, but the reality of the current state of tech.
The terms "arrogant" and "anti-consumer" are forever part of the Sony bingo card lol

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
I'm so mad
I missed a gold saucer date with Tifa

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

To date, neither has revealed sales numbers, but on Steam, Helldivers 2 hit a peak of more than 450,000 concurrent players, while Suicide Squad's all-time high is less than 13,500, per SteamDB. TD Cowen analyst Doug Creutz estimated that Helldivers 2 has sold more than 8 million copies, and most remarkably, the numbers are growing every week. "We believe the game has performed well ahead of expectations," Creutz wrote in a note Thursday.

Only shinobi602 can tell us how accurate this is.

👀👀

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Helldivers 2 deserves every success & more.

I'm only 50 hours spent with it but every second has been pure joy.

Except when stalkers or hunters ragdoll or snare me 🤬

Status
Not open for further replies.