• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
One valid criticism/feedback from me: if it's any indication if they're actually 'listening" to any of the feedback at all, we shall see if there will be any film trailers again in their own future Showcases.

I agree, although I think there'd probably be less criticism of it if the remainder of the show had been sublime. As is always the case with these kind of things, the sore points stick out more if the overall reaction is negative/subdued.

But yes, I tend to agree, there's a time and a place.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There must be some sort of middle ground somewhere between publishing one hundred games a year and publishing five, including straight ports of existing games. Putting all the eggs into the AAAA projects with 2000+ dev teams and 6+ years of development is going to inevitably lead to more showcases with third-party stuff, CG trailers and Chinese vaporware.

In the first half of this year, Capcom has shipped Resident Evil 4, the ports of MHRise+Sunbreak, the Megaman Battle Network Collection and Street Fighter 6. They showcased gameplay for Dragon's Dogma 2 and are probably going to show more at their own showcase in a few days.

This level of efficiency, quality and variety is what Playstation should strive for in my opinion.

I'm not entirely familiar with Capcom's structure, but I will give you that they are running very efficiently these days. That doesn't mean that they have had lulls as well though. The problem is that game development is hard for everyone. Going into this year, a lot of us thought Factions and the next Pixel Opus game were both close, and instead Factions has been half-shelved and Pixel Opus was closed down. Plus, Sony has apparently severed ties with Deviation on a project as well. It sucks, but it is what it is. Sony isn't going to be able to release a big game from four of their top studios every year.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I agree, although I think there'd probably be less criticism of it if the remainder of the show had been sublime. As is always the case with these kind of things, the sore points stick out more if the overall reaction is negative/subdued.

But yes, I tend to agree, there's a time and a place.
In my very humble, half-jokingly pessimistic, skeptical opinion, they might as well 'not listen' to the feedback at all.

They realized & acknowledged the criticisms & feedback on & offline, but they didn't abide by them & obligated to change them, which is why they kept silent.

Of course, none of the above could be proven true, unless a new Showcase/State of Play announced in the future later & still have another time-slot for pointless film trailers without any related video game contents, at all.

CGI trailers are 'foreplay' and all that.

85-850595_4967093-anime-girl-shrug-transparent.png

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
CGI trailers are 'foreplay' and all that.

I wouldn't get too caught up with the Twitter comments of one employee. They absolutely will have acknowledged and reviewed the feedback. Obviously they'll balance that feedback against their strategic targets (Did the games get the engagement they expected? Did they retain people's attention to the end? Etc etc etc.) But they definitely will collect the feedback and use it to inform future ones.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK

Suntzupp

Mar 26, 2022
There must be some sort of middle ground somewhere between publishing one hundred games a year and publishing five, including straight ports of existing games. Putting all the eggs into the AAAA projects with 2000+ dev teams and 6+ years of development is going to inevitably lead to more showcases with third-party stuff, CG trailers and Chinese vaporware.

In the first half of this year, Capcom has shipped Resident Evil 4, the ports of MHRise+Sunbreak, the Megaman Battle Network Collection and Street Fighter 6. They showcased gameplay for Dragon's Dogma 2 and are probably going to show more at their own showcase in a few days.

This level of efficiency, quality and variety is what Playstation should strive for in my opinion.

We need not give too much weight to those showcases. Yeah putting all the eggs into AAA projects may lead to showcases like these but why does it matter when those AAA games that you get to play are of top quality like TLoU, Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon, God of war. Every publisher have strong years and weak years. If you consider 2022 a strong year for Playstation. This year isn't weak by that standards. We got Horizon Burning shores DLC which is better than the main game in some aspects, Spiderman 2 is coming in October, Helldivers 2 is this year. We are also getting FF16, Silent Hill 2 as timed exclusives which no matter who says otherwise brings so much value to the console and justifies putting 500+ dollars on the console. Variety is needed I agree and I think they are definitely doing that by diversifying towards MP games, 2nd party partnerships with Xdev etc but Playstation is currently the most efficient platform holder out of three

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Angie hasn't caught on that I'm a weeb yet. nice

Some proper Sony synergy finally going on if they're getting Aniplex to handle the anime.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Obviously they're making their own Genshin/Honkai with the anime promotion.

Can't pass those whales with their own PS waifus & husbandos.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Days Gone anime ????
According to the biggest anime fan I know on discord ChaosSlayer after asked if this probably about Ghost

"Yeah, 100%! An anime adaptation of an owned IP will be systematically handled in-house by Aniplex.
You don't look anywhere else when your sister company is the biggest anime producer in the industry with a massive track record"

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022

04-Anya-smirk-smug.jpg

On a more serious note this is nice and worrying at the same time, aniplex has already their hand full of anime for the foreseeable future, them working on another project means that they will probably lower the quality of one of their projects (that is not a big title obviously) and this will be sad , unless they don't put much work on it and act just as the publisher and a different anime studio will handle the anime itself.

Edit: Or maybe it's an anime owned by aniplex that is getting a game on playstation? Since it's PS studio on the tweet and not PS production like the previous tweet🤔 .

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

Capcom also had RE8 VR in Feb, Exoprimal next month, and Ghost Trick remaster.... sometime soon but I forget the date. Granted though, their yearly output can greatly vary. This year is stacked, I think last year was comparitively quieter with less bit releases. But that's just how it goes sometimes.
It helps that they have several internal studios beavering away at any number of projects, while most Sony studios just have one? But I would love it if someone Playstation had Capcom levels of quality and efficiency. I can dream...

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Sony Music Japan being forced to work with SIE

You love to see it.

Though I wonder if it is just publishing/licensing/distribution or if an inhouse Aniplex Studio is working on it?

And by "it" I assume it is Ghost like how they leaked that prior a few weeks back.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
On a more serious note this is nice and worrying at the same time, aniplex has already their hand full of anime for the foreseeable future, them working on another project means that they will probably lower the quality of one of their projects (that is not a big title obviously) and this will be sad , unless they don't put much work on it and act just as the publisher and a different anime studio will handle the anime itself.
Aniplex is a producer, not an animation studio.
They do own several studios (A-1 Pictures, Cloverworks, Shaft) but they also contract a lot with independant entities. The currently airing Demon Slayer season that is made by Ufotable is a example of that.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
They do own several studios (A-1 Pictures, Cloverworks, Shaft) but they also contract a lot with independant entities. The currently airing Demon Slayer season that is made by Ufotable is a example of that.
They don't own Shaft

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
Sony Music Japan being forced to work with SIE

You love to see it.

Though I wonder if it is just publishing/licensing/distribution or if an inhouse Aniplex Studio is working on it?

And by "it" I assume it is Ghost like how they leaked that prior a few weeks back.
But last time they mentioned PS production for ghost , this time it's PS studio so maybe an aniplex anime getting a PS game? There is just no way they will do it inhouse without it affecting their others works atm

I know that ^^, when people say aniplex for anime they generally refer to either cloverwork or A1 picture since it's own by them, A1 picture has already so much to work on I don't see them take on another project in house.

Status
Not open for further replies.