Status
Not open for further replies.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
The expansion this year (Lightfall) is the lead-up to next year's expansion (The Final Shape) which will be the end of the current 10yr Destiny story. The game will continue beyond that but nobody knows how.

Thanks now that you mention it I have seen/heard The Final Shape mentioned before.
Not that I will probably play it but I always find it interesting what they will decide and how to continue after that. Business decisions always intrigue me

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Finally bit on a PS5 (and PSVR2) - the console arrived today. I also scored codes to redeem GT7, Ragnarok, R&C, Forbidden West and TLOU1 Remake.

I needed the PS5 close to my router for ethernet to download everything and since it was near my PC gaming monitor - LG 38" ultrawide (HDR and 120Hz) - I plugged it in to see how it looks and the 1440p support is decent.

PSVR2 coming tomorrow and as a PC VR racing fan for years I can't fuckin WAIT for GT7. Will be using my Thrustmaster T300RS.

Congrats
Did you buy a PS5 primarily for the PSVR2 or you were planning to get it anyway?

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Living in the past is paying off rather well this year with the various decent remasters etc. coming out! Dead Space was amazing, and now Im 26ish hours into Yakuza Ishin and Im enjoying it loads all over again (Despite some changes I dont agree with). I'm excited for the Battle Network Colelction in a couple of months time.
And yeah, its nice to see Chrono fixed, thought that one might be left to rot.

There's Fatal Frame 4 next month too! It's probably one of the best years for nostalgic releases and I'm pretty okay with it. Doesn't happen very often, especially for games that people have been begging for for ages (Ishin, Fatal Frame 4). And lol I can't believe it took Square a year to fix CC but hey, rather late than never.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
There's Fatal Frame 4 next month too! It's probably one of the best years for nostalgic releases and I'm pretty okay with it. Doesn't happen very often, especially for games that people have been begging for for ages (Ishin, Fatal Frame 4). And lol I can't believe it took Square a year to fix CC but hey, rather late than never.
Ah yes, forgot that Project Zero 4 was next month. That's one I'll be grabbing at some point (October at the latest). I enjoyed the 5th game despite the backtracking, so Im excited to finally play 4 after all these years.

Rintaro_kyoka

Aug 4, 2022
Everyone expecting a metal gear announcement here just for it to be a bloody roar revival from konami 😏 (It will be the best news to wake up to for me lol)

Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne 60fps patch. I can feel it.
4a194cc433146b8b9534bc8027e25980.gif

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, forgot that Project Zero 4 was next month. That's one I'll be grabbing at some point (October at the latest). I enjoyed the 5th game despite the backtracking, so Im excited to finally play 4 after all these years.

Yeah it's apparently garnered a cult classic status so I'm looking forward to it too. Maiden was aight. I def think it's probably the weakest of the FFs I've played but it still excelled in the FF vibe department.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's apparently garnered a cult classic status so I'm looking forward to it too. Maiden was aight. I def think it's probably the weakest of the FFs I've played but it still excelled in the FF vibe department.
Yeah, I felt the core of Maiden was good. Its just... climbing that mountain every chapter... I feel like it could have worked better without the constant backtracking which almost became comical by the end of the game. Especially when two back to back missions had you travel and stop at the exact same points!

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I'm really looking forward to tonight's SoP, but it'll mostly be an appetizer for the real showcase in late spring for me.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Chances of NetherRealm?

To think, in the old timeline, we'd be about a month and a half away from the release of the second title from them after MK11.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I felt the core of Maiden was good. Its just... climbing that mountain every chapter... I feel like it could have worked better without the constant backtracking which almost became comical by the end of the game. Especially when two back to back missions had you travel and stop at the exact same points!

Yeah some of the design decisions were so weird lol Even that whole thing where you pick up an item and a random hand might grab you got to so tired after the first few of them.

PlayStation Studios |OT34| State of Okay

PlayStation Studios |OT34| As seen on the PS Blog

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
How could Mikami goes to Sony when Sony themselves couldn't/wouldn't build new studio(s) in Japan...? 🙄

Unless there were serious offering from Asobi/XDev Japan, but he declined, lol. 🤷

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
This state of play will be the best one for me if there are demos of final fantasy 16 and resident evil 4 remake drops.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
As usual :p

Looking forward to seeing some cool new indies.
Other than that I expect nothing.
Will have the SoP running while playing some games tonight :)

Yeah same here.
I like to get hyped but I rarely get dissapointed, I just like to look at (new) games so doesnt matter what games they show for me.

I think for me having a backlog helps knowing that even if they dont show anything for me personally I still have allot of games to play

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'll be watching the United game and will probably just check Twitter.

I couldn't be less interested in SS (despite loving the Arkham games) or VR. If they manage to squeeze some games I'm excited about, cool, but if SS is the main dish, I might as well catch up later.
This state of play will be the best one for me if there are demos of final fantasy 16 and resident evil 4 remake drops.
A FF XVI demo definitely won't happen until June or May at the earliest. I really don't expect the game to be shown today tbh. March seems the likeliest month for the game's return.

A demo for RE4 I could see happening today though!

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
I'll be watching the United game and will probably just check Twitter.

I couldn't be less interested in SS (despite loving the Arkham games) or VR. If they manage to squeeze some games I'm excited about, cool, but if SS is the main dish, I might as well catch up later.

A FF XVI demo definitely won't happen until June or May at the earliest. I really don't expect the game to be shown today tbh. March seems the likeliest month for the game's return.

A demo for RE4 I could see happening today though!
I think square enix knows that final fantasy 16 doesn't get enough views unless they are part of a Sony event and i don't think there will be another state of play before the showcase so , i think they will be part of this state of play. But only remake 4 demo would be good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.