• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Never can really predict Atlus lol. P4G came out on PC in 2020 and I remember a lot of people thinking it would come to PS4 and Switch later that year or in 2021, woof.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
My PS Now subscription is now letting me play online multiplayer. Went to the PS Plus tab in the PS5 menu and the app hard locked when trying to reload. Still no changes after reboot. I wonder if a system update is coming tomorrow for the PS Premium games or will it just unlock the new game library sometime tonight.

I'm betting it will be a rolling unlock throughout tomorrow. I don't think you need a system update for things to change

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Just saw the clip, seems like she is very confident that the Nintendo Direct is on the 29th.

But since the leak comes from Schreier about a God of War Ragnarök release date announcement, I still think it will happen.
He writes in his article:
"Publisher Sony Group Corp. is expected to announce the release date later this month, two of the people said."

Later this months doesn't necessarily mean last week. So the week before the Nintendo Direct is still an option.

Sony likes Thursdays, the Direct will be on a Wednesday, I could see the Direct being the 29th and a God of War SoP on the 30th.

That's using the word 'megaton' quite liberally, IMO. Timed exclusive KOTOR was indeed one though.

I think 3 of them could qualify, though KOTOR and Wolverine were the obvious ones. Still, announcing Spider-man, though predictable, was a big deal, especially if it hits that date in 2023. God of War had already been announced, so I don't know if I would classify it as a "megaton."

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
If Patrick Stewart voices Professor X in Wolverine, I might fall out of my chair.

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Just saw the clip, seems like she is very confident that the Nintendo Direct is on the 29th.

But since the leak comes from Schreier about a God of War Ragnarök release date announcement, I still think it will happen.
He writes in his article:
"Publisher Sony Group Corp. is expected to announce the release date later this month, two of the people said."

Later this months doesn't necessarily mean last week. So the week before the Nintendo Direct is still an option.

True. We will find out soon after the PS Plus launches worldwide I'd say. Excited for the line-up for PS Plus when it comes up.

The6ixHokage

Oct 27, 2017
I think my GPU is going on my launch PS5 I'm getting scan lines when in darker areas in games and I'm only just noticing it now because I recently upgraded to a 4K TV. Has anyone heard of this happening before?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So how far along to we expect Twisted Metal to be?
Probably not terribly far if the rumor of Firesprite taking over the project from back in January is accurate. I don't see how it would make sense for a game to change developers if all that's left is finalizing all the stuff they've already designed and written, bug fixing and just general optimization. To me when a game changes developers that's a sign that even the very basics of development like designing the game, writing the dialogue, narrative and all that stuff still isn't done. A game changing developers also could very well mean that a lot of work from the original developer has disappeared straight into the garbage.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Yeah, that 2023 release Tom Henderson implied for Twisted Metal seems unlikely considering the team swap. I'd say 2024

Chuck795

May 7, 2020
That's using the word 'megaton' quite liberally, IMO. Timed exclusive KOTOR was indeed one though.
Sequel to a 20 Mil seller, KOTOR, a Wolverine game by Insomniac and a sequel to the best super hero game of all time is a liberal use of the word megaton?

I actually loved Xbox's showcase because I'm a Game Pass user, but nothing in their showcase came close to any of those 4. Starfield looked great, but IMO it isnt quite the same as SM2, Wolverine, or GOW.

Darkkahn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is satire right? "Learn from MS" when their gaming division is doing better than ever? Jim Ryan can be a ass but him and his crew are breaking records when it comes to sales and revenue. Jim Ryan in particular was important in making the PS brand so huge in Europe so I doubt they would get rid of him.
Just because MS doesn't declare how they're doing numbers wise, doesn't mean they aren't breaking any records. In fact MS' expenditures on the Xbox devision tells us that they are doing exceptionally well. Which is something that Phill and his team brought about.
They've played the long game and it'll pay dividends in the near future.

Tigerfan2019

Jun 14, 2020
Just because MS doesn't declare how they're doing numbers wise, doesn't mean they aren't breaking any records. In fact MS' expenditures on the Xbox devision tells us that they are doing exceptionally well. Which is something that Phill and his team brought about.
They've played the long game and it'll pay dividends in the near future.
What does this have to do with the point he is making? Xbox is doing well but they are not doing PlayStation numbers.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Here's the thing.

Ask yourself if what Sony should've done - was outbid whatever amount that Xbox was willing to pay for Persona on Gamepass - to get largely nothing in return with most of the gain amounting to making us feel more valued because they are keeping old games exclusive.

I won't say I don't understand some of your feelings from a certain point of view but it's not like Persona is just skipping PlayStation - it's also skipping Switch.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
So is Sony buying timed exclusive games. These companies are going to spend big money on these things. It is what it is.
Yeah, but the purpose behind timed exclusivity is to have something exclusive for your system, maybe even helping the developer out by paying for the development and making the development process simpler (because less platforms for launch).
A 2 day embargo on a multiplatform announcement is just there to stir confusion.

But I agree, both practices are shitty ultimately.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I think 3 of them could qualify, though KOTOR and Wolverine were the obvious ones. Still, announcing Spider-man, though predictable, was a big deal, especially if it hits that date in 2023. God of War had already been announced, so I don't know if I would classify it as a "megaton."
Seeing Sony publishing a remake of KOTOR broke my brain for a few minutes. That's kind of the bar I've got for something to be considered a megaton - it's gotta be rare enough and thus not just a sequel or new yet predictable title. Something out of the realm of even rumored possibilities.

Again, just my opinion and not a hill I care enough to die on, lol. YMMV.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Seeing Sony publishing a remake of KOTOR broke my brain for a few minutes. That's kind of the bar I've got for something to be considered a megaton - it's gotta be rare enough and thus not just a sequel or new yet predictable title. Something out of the realm of even rumored possibilities.

Again, just my opinion and not a hill I care enough to die on, lol. YMMV.

Yeah, we had all the rumors about the KOTOR remake and I had thought Sony might try to get marketing for it after the Bethesda deal, since it became one of the few big rpgs available, but I never thought they would buy exclusivity or publish it themselves.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I am confused what was today then?
Yeah, console launch exclusive is the same thing as timed exclusive. But on top of that, MS also decided to stir confusion for the multiplatform games.

Yeah, while it sucks that PlayStation does timed exclusives, Xbox not only does the same thing, but from what I remember invented or at least popularised the practice. I remember the outrage when some of Fallout 3's DLC was to temporarily exclusive to the 360, and of course there was the Rise of the Tomb Raider thing.

Though there was no shortage of third-party exclusives for the PS1 and PS2. Does anyone here know if those were paid deals in the same sense as today, or just developer choices? The PS1's CDs meant a lot of games could only work on it, and the PS2 came out earlier than the GC and Xbox and was massively more successful, so I could see devs making games for it PS2 first and just not considering the other systems to be worth the effort.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the new NFS hasn't been delayed. With EA not doing their EA Play event this year it means that they're just announcing games throughout the year, so I thought it'd be part of the SGF.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
That's weird. I'm guessing that's for marketing purposes but Microsoft can still promote the games without doing the embargo.

This embargo is designed for media and games press. What it does is that it prevents initial coverage of the game at its highest visibility from sharing all the platforms it's launching on - IGN or GameSpot headlines will only say game X coming to console.

When it's revealed later that it's actually multiplat the news cycle for the game has passed.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

This is a shitty practice if this is true imo
LOL they're so petty.

This embargo is designed for media and games press. What it does is that it prevents initial coverage of the game at its highest visibility from sharing all the platforms it's launching on - IGN or GameSpot headlines will only say game X coming to console.

When it's revealed later that it's actually multiplat the news cycle for the game has passed.
Yup.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
I don't like it but let's not pretend like all the platform holders don't do this also. Wasn't this the case with Street Fighter VI initially even?

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized the Stray trailer from the SoP hit 1M views on YouTube. Super impressive for that type of game.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I don't like it but let's not pretend like all the platform holders don't do this also. Wasn't this the case with Street Fighter VI initially even?

They did something similar with the Callisto Protocol, I think, but typically the platforms are revealed either right after a reveal when they're shown at a SoP or a Nintendo Direct. We'll see if that's changed.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
They did something similar with the Callisto Protocol, I think, but typically the platforms are revealed either right after a reveal when they're shown at a SoP or a Nintendo Direct. We'll see if that's changed.
Capcom immediately confirmed after the SoP that it is multiplatform on their website. Same for Callisto Protocol, all platforms were listed on their website directly after the SoP.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
It's why i'm surprised Sony was able to get it for the new Plus service. It has the same heat behind it that Kena and Sifu had, and they both did amazingly well.

I'm not really surprised. Stray is an example of a game I think we'll see a lot of on Plus day 1. My suspicion is that Plus was supposed to be out earlier and if it had then maybe Kena and Sifu would've launched on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.