• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
I literally just got it. But it doesn't work for accounts that are already signed to PS+

Huh, weird! My account isn't already signed up for PS+, but grabbing the Director's Cut through the Editor's Choice collection rings up as full price.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
If you read his earlier tweets he's been talking about the pros and cons of delaying games a fair bit today. This is likely related to that.
Before I say anything, no one should probably get hyped for something this general, but this seems a little different than his previous tweets. Like being okay with games being delayed seems a little different than telling indies to delay their announcements right now. That does feel like they are going to be overshadowed by something….I would hope Silksong but yeah gonna keep expectations to 0.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Anyway, here's a list of games from CURRENT Sony first party Studios games that could (or should) be on the service.

Asobi
PS4 - The Playroom VR
PS4 - Astro Bot Rescue Mission
PS5 - Astro's Playroom

Bend Studio
PS1 - Bubsy 3D
PS1 - Syphon Filter
PS1 - Syphon Filter 2
PS1 - Syphon Filter 3
PS2 - Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain
PS2 - Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
PS2 - Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
PSP - Resistance: Retribution
PS4 - Days Gone

Bluepoint
PS4 - Shadow Of The Colossus Remake
PS4 - Gravity Rush Remastered

Guerrilla Games
PS2 - Killzone
PSP - Killzone: Liberation
PS4 - Killzone: Shadow Fall
PS4 - Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition

Housemarque
PSP - Super Stardust Portable
PS4 - Resogun
PS4 - Dead Nation
PS4 - Alienation
PS4 - Super Stardust Ultra VR
PS4 - Nex Machina
PS4 - Matterfall
PS5 - Returnal

Insomniac Games
PS1 - Disruptor
PS2 - Ratchet & Clank
PS2 - Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
PS2 - Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
PS2 - Ratchet: Deadlocked
PS4 - Ratchet & Clank
PS4/PS5 - Spider-Man
PS4/PS5 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales

London Studio
PS2 - The Getaway
PS2 - The Getaway: Black Monday
PS4 - PlayStation VR Worlds
PS4 - Blood & Truth

Media Molecule
PSP - LittleBigPlanet
PS4 - Little Big Planet 3
PS4 - Tearaway Unfolded
PS4 - Dreams

Naughty Dog
PS4 - Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
PS4 - Jak II
PS4 - Jak 3
PS4 - Jak X: Combat Racing
PS4 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered
PS4 - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered
PS4 - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered
PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered
PS4 - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
PS4 - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
PS4 - The Last of Us Part II

PixelOpus
PS4 - Entwind
PS4 - Concrete Genie

Polyphony Digital
PS4 - Gran Turismo Sport

San Diego Studio
PS2 - The Mark of Kri

Santa Monica Studios (in-house and collabs)
PS2 - Kinetica
PS2 - God of War
PS2 - God of War II
PSP - God of War: Chains of Olympus
PSP - God of War: Ghost of Sparta
PS4 - God of War III Remastered
PS4 - God of War (2018)
PS4 - Flow
PS4 - Journey
PS4 - Hohokum
PS4 - The Order 1886
PS4 - Everybody's Gone To The Rapture
PS4 - Bound
PS4 - Here They Lie

Sucker Punch
PS2 - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
PS2 - Sly 2: Band of Thieves
PS2 - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
PS4 - Infamous Second Son
PS4 - Infamous First Light
PS4 - Ghost Of Tsushima

And there's still all the games from closed studios (Japan with Ico, Ape Scape and so on) and second party games.
The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (Bluepoint) should be on there as well.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
He liked this tweet:

So it does seem like his tweet was indeed about something big happening soon, and not about game delays in general?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
He liked this tweet:

So it does seem like his tweet was indeed about something big happening soon, and not about game delays in general?

A quick look at Gematsu's front page shows that there were a number of indie announcements today, but they were swallowed up by PS+ and the Zelda delay. So he could just be talking about that.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They use the same language when referring to PS4/5 games

There are over 400 PS4 games alone currently on PSNow. They certainly aren't going to wipe those and then put a new slate up that's a mix of those original 400+ and some new ones with PS5 games mixed in. That'd be unnecessarily bad PR. Adding it on top of what's already there would allow them to really talk up how big the numbers are for the service. With those numbers the service will have well over 1,000 games at launch.

Hope for the best!

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Personally, I never got the impression that the PS+ Collection was going to be updated, and I don't recall them even implying it would be?

It makes sense as an "onboarding" type bonus for new PS5 owners that may not have owned a PS4 or PlayStation console before. Like, "Here's what you missed by being a filthy Xbox/Nintendo supporter, you cretins!" I'm kidding, but I do think the collection was just a nice bit of forward marketing getting newcomers to the PS ecosystem familiar with the variety of IPs PlayStation has, and some 3rd party love for additional added value. Like, getting 19 games without having to pay for more than the cost of your system and a PS+ subscription is pretty sweet if you're a newcomer to PlayStation (and there were certainly a lot of people that never owned a PS4 that got a PS5 on launch).

I guess I never looked at the PS+ Collection as being something for me, specifically, as I'm already in on the PS ecosystem, and owned, like 14 out of the 19-20 games included, but I still think it was a great extra and incentive for PS5 owners to subscribe to PS+ right off the bat, when it's possible they may not have bothered to subscribe to PS+ after getting their PS5's if it was just the standard PS+ content.

Maybe I'm just old and showing my age, but my god, I'd have absolutely killed for services like GamePass and PS+ when I was growing up. I grew up in the 80's, and my mom couldn't afford to buy me a bunch of games as a kid, so I missed out on a lot of classic games back then. When I see services like GP and PS+, and now Nu PS+, I just can't be pessimistic about any of it. Like, I get it, I guess, but not really. PS Now already had hundreds of games I can play for the cost of, what, one or two games a year? PS+ was giving me 2-3 "free" games a month as well. More games than I actually have the time to play, let alone complete, and I don't know, I just can't find it in myself to find the energy to complain about it. When it comes to the marquee, mega games like a Horizon FW or God of War, or Elden Ring, I was going to buy those regardless to support the studios, but for the hundreds of other games I missed from years (even decades) ago? I think these subscription services are great! I personally don't care about day 1 first party games. Sure, that'd be a really cool bonus, but it's not a requirement for me that makes these subscription services appealing to me.

I like the idea of older games, or smaller indie games I may not know about or be interested in buying day one being on the service and I can give them a chance and maybe discover a new favorite game. The amount of money I save just from having access to hundreds of games I'd otherwise have to pay for is justified for me, not necessarily whether or not those games are "the good ones" that were already on my radar in the first place.

I don't suffer from FOMO, so I don't care if I have to wait x amount of months before I can play a game, big tentpole games or otherwise. Very few games I rush out and get day one anyway. There are exceptions (ie, Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring), and sometimes I'll make a spontaneous day one purchase (like I did with Gran Turismo 7, which I didn't intend on buying at all, let alone day one, but it looked so damn good, I ended up getting it, falling in love with it, and buying a racing wheel to play it with a week later lol.
I always come looking for a more reasonable take than what I see online across forums. As rare as I find it written, I genuinely think this is the majority mindset. Sometimes enthusiasts anger gets across in GT7 and it works out for the best, but today is such a non issue for me to have any type of reaction other than "i'll wait to see if some games I want are released and upgrade". That's kinda it, seems like a decent way to add value that I will ignore or upgrade to when I see some content I like. Debating Sony's strategy and their messaging and what would've made this annoucement "better" eh....I guess I'm just falling out of love with the industry talk, but still love the games.

On that note, wtf is this ER game so damn big! I'm killing all these dragons and dungeon bosses and stuff and can't find more of the actual story bosses...Sooo annoying I still haven't found a key to get into this magic barrier castle, I'm sure I'm gonna one-shot everything when I finally find it. -_- I don't like looking up guides for stuff, but man, I guess I'm not good with directions or something, I feel like so much of the map I've explored and still missing major bosses smh.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If Sony has some big news tomorrow before the end of the fiscal year then the small info on Spartacus makes sense.

Have it be stated before said fiscal year ends, have said bigger news be stated after, then later at the start of a new fiscal year explain Spartacus in more detail without that bigger news looming over them.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

OTtBrSP1XG-2.png

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Finally finished work!

Ok, had time to process today's news. I'm now set for PS Now for the next 3.5 years, so I'm in the Premium tier :D

The announcement today was pretty by the numbers with no additional flare, and I think that's a result of them wanting to get this news out before their fiscal year ends. Otherwise we likely would've gotten a reveal maybe a month before launch with far more info like the initial catalog and whatnot. That's fine, they conveyed the info they needed to in a clear manner.

They managed to split PS Now in half to separate the streaming part, which has always held it back as it couldn't be launched in countries that didn't have the streaming infrastructure set up. That should allow the sub numbers for higher tiers to grow immensely simply because far more people now have the opportunity to subscribe to them.

Good that they confirmed more countries are going to be getting streaming support, so that's cool. The question of additional device support (mobile, TV apps...) still remains and may still be a work in progress.

Enhanced BC for legacy games still seems to be up in the air. I saw Jim Ryans statement and it's hard to say what he may have meant there. Curious to see if enhanced BC shows up and additional things like trophies being added to older titles.

I'm a bit disappointed at no integrated media options, but that could easily be something they introduce later as an add-on or integrated into Premium.

I think folks are harping on their statement about day and date titles to mean that there will be none whatsoever at all. That just seems silly to assume since PS+ currently includes some day and date titles at launch and we had PS Now with SW3. It's quite obvious that day and date third party and indie titles will be there, it's just a question of how many, if any, first party titles Sony may sprinkle here and there on the service. Between their smaller titles and GaaS titles there's a lot of potential there for stuff to launch on the service but they're not gonna talk about that today because pretty much all of that stuff is unannounced, lol.

Seems like a solid start to this new refresh of PS+, and it's worth remembering that it's a start. We can only speculate how it will evolve and grow as time goes on.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tellin' ya, it's that Remote Play app for Switch. And we get to find out the real reason Vita games aren't on PS+ Premium.

And I'm almost as full as crap as most of the insiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.