• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Next OT Name

• These Violent Bribes have Exclusive Ends

Votes: 38 4.8%
  • The One With the Price and Release Date. Maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/

Votes: 244 30.6%
  • Pre-register to be considered for |OT14|

Votes: 120 15.0%
  • Invitation Only

Votes: 37 4.6%
  • Not backwards compatible with OT10 or OT11, only with OT12

Votes: 62 7.8%
  • So anti-consumer you can't even pre-order

Votes: 68 8.5%
  • Silent but Violent

Votes: 229 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony going from silent, weak to violent has to be the greatest character arc in console war history.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
920x920.jpg

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Instead of all this money hats, why couldn't they throw money at developing a JRPG lol

No_Face

Dec 18, 2017
Brigerbad, Switzerland
People acting like they're being held hostage when they can just simply choose to buy the other plastic box instead is hilarious
I don't know man, I think it's fair to get annoyed by this stuff. If I were a PS only gamer and something like Starfield turned out to be a timed exclusive for another platform, I'd feel down on it too. Not everyone has the money for more than one platform, and there are other factors than just games when deciding where to play.
It's certainly nothing to feel gleeful about, at the very least. It was weird when people were cheering and hoping for MS to buy every developer under the moon in the other threat, and it's weird here now.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I don't know man, I think it's fair to get annoyed by this stuff. If I were a PS only gamer and something like Starfield turned out to be a timed exclusive for another platform, I'd feel down on it too. Not everyone has the money for more than one platform, and there are other factors than just games when deciding where to play.
It's certainly nothing to feel gleeful about, at the very least. It was weird when people were cheering and hoping for MS to buy every developer under the moon in the other threat, and it's weird here now.

Maybe I've failed to consider the reasons people prefer a game box other than the games available (being serious, not sarcastic at all).

I'm a huge FF fan so I've primarily been a PlayStation first owner. If Nintendo or MS announced that they have locked up FF exclusivity, I'd buy their box instead. I use this same logic with almost any frivolous purchase.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I'd much rather see that money get invested into new first party partnerships, but I guess that's why I'm not a businessman.
I thought amassing content and IP was what Sony was pivoting towards for all of their entertainment entities (Gaming, Pictures and Music), but I guess they've de-emphasized that priority.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
The fabled Microsoft warchest is actually Sony's?!

MS has a lot more money than Sony, the thing is Xbox doesn't always have access to daddy's wallet + it more likely Sony will spend more money on their most important division while MS is less likely to spend more money on their least important division

1 gift from QueenVulpix

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Nilou Nilou!

This is a two-day raffle that will expire in 48 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Nilou said:
My apologies, seems my first giveaway had an error, meant to give out 2 prizes, oh well no rule against having multiple giveaways running at the same time :P

Same rules as the other giveaway, good luck! (Please enter both!)

These are our awesome prizes:

• PSN PSN: PSN 10 Code - Won by FireCloud FireCloud (50 entries)

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
The whole arrogant thing is confusing. They're trying to stay ahead of hte game to make sure tehy have content, which goes against them being arrogant.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Is sony officialy out of gamescom or there could be some sort of surprise presence?

Or are we thinking about next ps5 event before xboxing day and gamescom onl?

Status
Not open for further replies.