--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

The e-mail sent to users also mentions that:

• If you have purchased a PS3/PS Vita cross-buy bundle and have only downloaded either the PS3 or PS Vita version, you will need to download the other version prior to the closure of PlayStation™Store on the relevant device.

Last edited:

Zalera

Mar 26, 2021
Guess I'm buying some Vita games next month...

Really disappointed in Sony. They should be looking at Xbox for guidance.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I think moving forward, Sony should greatly expand PS Now to have PS Classics from all generations.

At least with a service that would provide some incentive for them to give a shit about legacy titles.

This is still very disappointing.

Oct 27, 2017
Such a terrible decision. Awful move by Sony.

Now there are many games that will never be able to be played again. I could have been fine with it if PS5 got backwards compatibility with the games on PSN but this? This just means they cease to exist officially.

So with the download list still working in the future, do people still have a problem with this? I mean I don't really understand what people expect? It's a business, and they want to make money. PS3 is more than 10 years old, if anything I think they supported it for a generous amount of time.

What am I missing?

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Garbage. Fucking Sony. "will enable us to enhance the customer experience even further", yeah right 🙄

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
My PS3 doesn't work anymore, so won't buy any more games for it. But sucks.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I think I will just buy ratchet and clank tools of destruction since the rest of the PS3 titles are on PSNow

Considering tales of Xillia 1 and 2 are my only titles left that are not on PSNow, Steam , PS4, or switch - i guess it will be this year when I retire my PS3

Not bad for having it for 10 years

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
So with the download list still working in the future, do people still have a problem with this? I mean I don't really understand what people expect? It's a business, and they want to make money. PS3 is more than 10 years old, if anything I think they supported it for a generous amount of time.

What am I missing?

Soon, there will be a huge selection of games you won't be able to legally obtain thanks to this.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
This is trash. WTF. They better have some way to buy/classics classics on the PS5 going forward or something and no, I don't want to use PS Now.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
This really fucking sucks to see it be confirmed, but at least the purchases will still be available for download. Really disheartening to me honestly, there are tons of games I still want to buy digitally but I'm not sure it's really worth it to do

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
Can I download vita and psp games from the ps3? My vita got smashed but I still have a working PS3

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
Noooooooo it was true, damn.

Gonna have to finally pull the trigger on Siren: Blood Curse, see if there are any other PS1/PS2 Classics I might play, and give see if there's anything else I'm missing on PS3 that looks good.

This is depressing as someone who just loved the PS3 and also had a great time with the PSP (though I don't really play the latter anymore, unlike the former).

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
PS3 store shuts down while i can play 360 games I bought 10 years ago on my xsx after skipping the xbone.

I would have a lot less problem with this if both my ps3s didnt die >:(

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

What am I missing?
we be unable to buy games?

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
I think it is a matter of ssecurity, probably unable to update on the older systems. However, wish they would just allow only browser purchases.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
you couldn't have expected they'd keep these stores up forever.
Why not? I thought paying for PS Plus was also to help with these costs (which shouldn't even be that big for Sony).

And PS Vita is only 10 years old, that's very far from "forever".

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
I fail to grasp why they are unable to support at least web purchasing of these legacy titles in perpetuity. This is like iTunes just dropping any albums more than 5 years old for reasons.

Oct 26, 2017
Well that fucking sucks. Gonna have to buy some Vita games and ps1 classics. The download list still working is the bare minimum really, glad that stays but the stores closing is shit for preservation.

leder

Oct 25, 2017

What am I missing?
The download list is an awful interface and takes FOREVER to find anything. I have literally thousands of items in mine including demos and individual DLC. It takes me a good 5-10 minutes to find one thing.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
User Banned (5 Days): Platform Warring; Prior Bans for the Same
If you have an Xbox, buy your digital content there if the game you are looking for is available. MS respects BC. Hard Corps: Uprising for one a lot of people are saying to buy up on Ps3. No, but it on Xbox as it's BC.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017

What am I missing?
I think it's just the availability of it. Specially the Vita. If you missed the boat then that's it for you unless you buy a PS3/Vita asap and start buying, specially since the old web store where you could buy them is dead. Honestly I'm surprised PS3/PSP lasted this long so I don't care about them. Vita on the other hand is tragic loss despite almost being 10 years old but hey I get it, at least a handful of those titles are PS4 cross gen or have PS4/PC/Switch ports.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sony being too violent they're killing their own stores!

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Every Atlus game that's going to be lost with this, I weep for. Especially these two, Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment.

Persona_2_Innocent_Sin_US_Cover_Art.jpg
Persona_2_EP_cover.jpg