• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your internet speed?

• Less than 10mbps

Votes: 28 5.0%
  • 10-50mbps

Votes: 112 19.9%
  • 50-100mbps

Votes: 158 28.1%
  • 100-300mbps

Votes: 145 25.8%
  • 300-900mbps

Votes: 57 10.1%
  • More than 900mpbs

Votes: 62 11.0%

• Total voters

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
2samsqu.jpg

With Google Stream around the corner and so many companies aiming to cloud gaming services it is time to test our speed
and see how capable it is in our countries.

2d1k17n.jpg

Athens - Greece | 20 Euro per month

vicegold

Oct 27, 2017
I got 500 / 50 in Berlin, Germany. Played RDR1 on PSNow, it worked fine (except the terrible performance of the game per se).

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
drhgf0ajx3.png

I have what it takes but I've played some playstation now but the screen looked washed out

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
850/850 and I still haven't had a serviceable time with any of these services.

Oct 26, 2017
As I understand it, once you have 25mbps, you are good to go, then what it really matters is the ping... but the ping to whatever datacenter you have to connect to, for every service. Still, I guess it could be useful to see the current Internet offers all over the world.

100 MB Symmetrical / 30 ms
Spain | 44 Euro per month (including extra mobile lines)

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got about half speed what OP has
What's the minimum requirement to have atleast a decent performance with stuff like this?

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Verizon DSL
2.8mbps down
0.4mbps up
Extremely worried about our streaming future

Also, this still costs like $35 per month since Verizon holds the monopoly of """broadband""" internet out here. This is literally the fastest that has ever been offered out here. In fact, since the Verizon network has reached capacity, not even DSL is offered out here anymore. If you want internet out here, currently your only options are satellite or dial-up.

Last edited:

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
75 meg down, 15 meg up, ping of 7ms to nearest DCs. Actually live in a fairly rural village in the UK so am very pleased with how well rigged the place is.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
AaN0ue9.jpg

That's ok but from my experience still not satisfactory for PS Now or Geforce Now. So something up my end or theirs

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
8124067992.png

Had noticeable lag in PS Now, not an option for me. Google better have some awesome new tech if they go all in on streaming.

markus73

Banned
Mar 6, 2019
Provider claims 1Gbit upload and download but in reality my Xbox shows 850Mbps/713Mbps with 1ms latency
Slovakia, price: 20ā‚¬/month

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Virgin UK 350/20 for Ā£55 a month. There is suggestion this will go up to 500/35 spring 2019. It's crazy how far behind and expensive the uk is compared to some posts here.

There is a 1Gbit option available in the uk but it's very limited in regards to area (which I don't live in)

Sakashima

Mar 28, 2018
Ping - 3 ms (edit : Azure : 30 ms ; Google : 22 ms)
Download - 360 Mbps
Upload - 160 Mbps

I've never tried online streaming services though.

Last edited:

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just putting up your total down/up rate is kind of meaningsless (unless you have less than 10mbps down..)

The latency to the specific datacenter that will host the steaming hardware is the most important part

For example from Scandinaiva the closest Microsoft datacenter give you about 50-60ms

https://azurespeedtest.azurewebsites.net/

Google has a datacenter in Finland with about 25ms from Scandinavia

http://www.gcping.com/

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Your speed means little. Your distance to the nearest server is what matters.

That's one thing, but in my experience, another big thing is contention on your local connection and in your local wireless environment, if you're not using ethernet.

I can use PSNow quite nicely until someone else starts doing streaming of their own in the house.

You don't notice contention much when just watching video - or if multiple people are watching different videos in a house on different devices - because each can use buffering to smooth playback through the ups and downs of their device's access to the bandwidth.

When streaming a game...you notice every little up and down as your device gains and yields access.

Maybe this is just something with my router, though. But I dare say a lot of routers behave like mine, if it is the problem.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, this only gives you a very rough idea because the latency and speed to the endpoints that the streaming services will provide can vary a lot to what you get to speedtest.net.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've currently got 7ms ping, 390Mb down, 22Mb up. That's on Virgin Media in the UK.

Should be able to get about 550/40 later in the year, too. Upload speed is way behind imo but they don't offer any better.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Comcast, tested using speedtest, over wifi.
1 ms Ping
179.16 Down
16.03 Up

Live in a City of 13k peeps, ATT just installed Fiber in our neighborhood, so maybe switching soon.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OnkU623.png

Ok, so then why do I have terrible lag issues playing Rocket League on Steam. Not always but at least one or two matches are fucked.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
Just putting up your total down/up rate is kind of meaningsless (unless you have less than 10mbps down..)

The latency to the specific datacenter that will host the steaming hardware is the most important part

For example from Scandinaiva the closest Microsoft datacenter give you about 50-60ms

https://azurespeedtest.azurewebsites.net/

Google has a datacenter in Finland with about 25ms from Scandinavia

http://www.gcping.com/
Azure: West Europe 39 ms.
Google: 35 ms in Frankfurt.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
What's realistically going to be the lowest amount of latency we can get from streaming? I don't think I've got under 15ms streaming latency connected via ethernet to the device doing the streaming.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
What's realistically going to be the lowest amount of latency we can get from streaming? I don't think I've got under 15ms streaming latency connected via ethernet to the device doing the streaming.
With project stream, I didn't do any testing but I could move my mouse and sense a "wait" before something happened. It was very very minimal mind you but I still felt a disconnect between my actions and what was happening on screen.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PtJOgM6.png

This is through Wifi. Latency might seem high but I can play PS Now just fine through it, no lagging (anymore that is, a year ago it was dramatically different).

Azure: 39ms for Netherlands
Google: 31ms for Netherlands

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Broadband speed is one thing and the crucial parameter, but almost all technical problems, glitch and bugs will be concentrated in the distance between the modem/antenna and the device. And even among enthusiasts, networking is something esoteric for the majority.

Last edited:

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
500/500 here in Sweden. Had 200 before but got upgraded for free this month.