• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

itshutton

Nov 1, 2017
Shame they still haven't mastered emulation of PS3 games but a huge step forward!

Keep it coming Sony!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Same here in NZ (though we have better internet than Aus lol). I'm sure one of their next moves will be expanding the service worldwide though, that and expanding the PS4 and PS2 Classics lineup should be the priority right now.

It doesn't make any sense for Sony to put their big blockbusters on PS Now because even the smaller ones like Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima will probably sell 5 million+, while the bigger ones (Spider-Man, GoW and TLOU2) will sell 10 million+.

But I don't see why they couldn't put their mid-tier games, like Everybody's Golf and Gravity Rush 2, on there. If anything I think PS Now would both help those games find an audience and help market them (because Sony sure as hell doesn't do it themselves).

There is a ton of value in getting people signed up to a service every month. Remember the average consumer is still less than 6 games a year and a service like that can bring players to multiplayer centric titles that may never have tried it. Especially if they have microtransactions and DLC models.

Sony exclusives are predominantly single player so it's not immediately attractive for them, but the oppeopporty is still there to always splinter off modes such as uncharted or last of us multiplayer as a PS Now exclusive along with coming with the base game.

Slv

Oct 26, 2017
Latvia
Can anyone help to figure out how to get the UK ps now to work if you are outside the UK, so basically my actual PayPal account and bank card are not usable and you can't get ps now without one of those as it seems, any virtual bank cards with a UK address work for this has anyone ever done this successfully

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If gamepass had this list of games y'all would shit on it from a great height. Why does Sony get a pass here? Its like they got a list of every game that nobody wants, added a few good games that everybody has already, sprinkled with a side of average stuff thats been on PS+. Its way overpriced, being able to download stuff doesnt make it acceptable at all. PS4 is always my firsy choice console but y'all are blind to hype this shit.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If gamepass had this list of games y'all would shit on it from a great height. Why does Sony get a pass here? Its like they got a list of every game that nobody wants, added a few good games that everybody has already, sprinkled with a side of average stuff thats been on PS+. Its way overpriced, being able to download stuff doesnt make it acceptable at all. PS4 is always my firsy choice console but y'all are blind to hype this shit.

This thread is full of mixed at best reactions. Who exactly is giving anyone a "pass"? I swear some of you build up a narrative in your head and only read what you want to hear.

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
No ps3 games, no buy. That ps2 game selection s a joke. Dont care about ps4 list, i played most of stuff.

FFS sony, just put ps2 app to download (so i can use ps2 discs) i ll give u 100 euros per year. Amazing how much stupid they can be.

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First, thanks competition.
Second, why is UK so much worse than US in terms of games? Does UK mean also Germany?

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I seriously hope Sony starts investing in better emulation tools. I want them to give PC like features - but streamlined. Give users the ability to increase the native resolution, force 16X AF, AA, and save states.

Also that PS2 Library could use a nice bit of scrubbing because it's literally thread bare. Atleast have all the First Party Sony games on there.

ThePhoque

Jun 6, 2018
Novigrad
All i care for is PS1-PS3 ! I really want to replay some of my favorite games from that era and PSNow seems like a good place to bring them. Hurry up sony. give us them beautiful PS3 games

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Gotta love that competion and for me atleast this shows that Sony isn't as arrogant as you could think with their crossplay talk.

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gotta love that competion and for me atleast this shows that Sony isn't as arrogant as you could think with their crossplay talk.
It's not about arrogance but keeping up with the competition. They see that MS has some good numbers with gamepass which even boosts sales for games that you get for free* when you are subscriber. They would be an idiot if they would not try to copy it. It's apparently not there already in terms of games but they can improve on that already and also have something on the market.

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
I think they should make a cheaper version for those who are absolutely not interested in streaming.

Couple of questions:

1. If I have PS Now but not PS+, and I buy a game on disc... Will the PS Now subscription allow me to play multiplayer with said game, or I need to buy PS+ anyway?

2. How much is 1 year of PS Now in Europe?

3. Is it possible to create a US PS Now account and play in the EU?

4. Do they have PSN cards for one year of PS Now (like they do for PS+)? I doubt an EU credit card or PayPal will work on the US PSN Store.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
What on earth are you on about? No-one's hyping anything. Praising a good move doesn't give them a free pass on their failings, it's simply praising a good move that makes PS Now a much more viable option for a lot of people. Sony still has plenty of work to do (particularly expanding the service worldwide and improving the lineup) but as a first step, this is great.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talk about persecution complex lol, if you actually read the posts a lot are underwhelmed with the collection of games compared to gamepass especially when you consider the price, including me.

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
I think they should make a cheaper version for those who are absolutely not interested in streaming.

Couple of questions:

1. If I have PS Now but not PS+, and I buy a game on disc... Will the PS Now subscription allow me to play multiplayer with said game, or I need to buy PS+ anyway?

2. How much is 1 year of PS Now in Europe?

3. Is it possible to create a US PS Now account and play in the EU?

4. Do they have PSN cards for one year of PS Now (like they do for PS+)? I doubt an EU credit card or PayPal will work on the US PSN Store.

5. What are the chances of more countries being added soon?

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think it's time to decouple downloading from streaming with PSNow. It doesn't make any sense that you are not able to download these games only because the streaming part is not ready yet globally. Downloading games instead is a thing globally. And I think that many will use this as gamepass instead of actually streaming the games anyway.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I'll definitely give this a go at some point but the list of games is awful just now. The only games I'd try I already got free on PS+.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this means they will release the service also in other countries now that a super fast and reliable connection is mandatory for the service!
I am now super interested in it! :O
Please Sony, I want to give you my money!

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I've been saying PS Now will be Sony's solution for BC. Nobody believed me on here, but it's becoming more and more obvious over time. You will likely not be able to keep your digital purchases, instead will be able to play old games with a monthly fee, also on PS5. They would have to upgrade the PS4 library significantly for this, though.

Am I right to assume that PS3 titles will still be streamed as they are not compatible with PS4 architecture? The PS2 Classic list is still underwhelming, whelp.

Last edited:

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
I've been saying PS Now will be Sony's solution for BC. Nobody believed me on here, but it's becoming more and more obvious over time. You will likely not be able to keep your digital purchases, instead will be able to play old games with a monthly fee, also on PS5.

Am I right to assume that PS3 titles will still be streamed as they are not compatible with PS4 architecture? The PS2 Classic list is still underwhelming, whelp.

Yep.

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
That lineup is terrible, it's hard to get excited for this. I don't see one game there I want to play. Wake me up when it matures

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So does a PS Now subscription also incorporate a PS+ one or can you only play multiplayer games that are part of the PS Now lineup online for free?

BitterFig

Oct 30, 2017
I've been saying PS Now will be Sony's solution for BC. Nobody believed me on here, but it's becoming more and more obvious over time. You will likely not be able to keep your digital purchases, instead will be able to play old games with a monthly fee, also on PS5. They would have to upgrade the PS4 library significantly for this, though.

I still don't believe it.

Avatar bet that PS5 is BC with PS4?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It says "Hundreds of PS4 games including Bloodborne, God of War 3 Remastered, LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, DiRT Rally and Farming Simulator 17 will be available to download, in addition to the line-up of classic PS2 games remastered for PS4."

I wouldn't call exactly 157 PS4 games 'hundreds'. It is over one hundred. So either they're false advertising, or by "will be available to download" they mean in the future, and they're going to be adding many more PS4 titles soon, in the order of "hundreds".

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Oh that's lovely. Here's hoping this expands. Still bummed they removed the service on PSVita I enjoyed playing PS3 games on the shiter.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Imagine if PS5 launched with a viable Gamepass competitor - PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PS5 games available to download and play from your PS5 or PC and no PS+ required for multiplayer...I may be willing to go all digital if they can provide the right library for the right price.

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
PS Now is not available to my country (Malta, EU member) so I decided to go ahead and make a UK account to try:

1. You can pay for 1 year, costing €94 which is a very good saving compared to roughly €15 per month
2. So far only streaming is available, but I guess this will change in a few days
2. Streaming sort of works, not perfect. I would never use it myself.
4. The games are listed alphabetically without a console filter. It is hard to figure out which are the PS4 games
5. I skimmed through the list to see which games are available on PS4, to be honest, I was not impressed
6. Once you play a game, it is automatically added in the XMB, even on your main account
7. I tried to launch the game from within my Maltese account, but it gave me an error that this feature is not available in my country (launching from my fake UK account worked fine though)

That should clarify any questions :)

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
It says "Hundreds of PS4 games including Bloodborne, God of War 3 Remastered, LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, DiRT Rally and Farming Simulator 17 will be available to download, in addition to the line-up of classic PS2 games remastered for PS4."

I wouldn't call exactly 157 PS4 games 'hundreds'. It is over one hundred. So either they're false advertising, or by "will be available to download" they mean in the future, and they're going to be adding many more PS4 titles soon, in the order of "hundreds".
Technically, if you're at 174, you're in the hundreds.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Talk about persecution complex lol, if you actually read the posts a lot are underwhelmed with the collection of games compared to gamepass especially when you consider the price, including me.

Persecution complex? Learn what that means ffs.

If this was MS people WOULD piss all over it, especially here. Im just stating a fact. Era is so Sony biased its ridiculous. I will probably get a ban for saying that but its true.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll slowly phase out of the streaming component and make it download only. Should make the service much cheaper to run that way.

Oct 27, 2017

While I imagine this is how Sony would like to do it, given how Microsoft will probably handle BC next gen (digital purchases carrying over, discs working or at least allowing you to download the game) it seems unlikely.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Persecution complex? Learn what that means ffs.

If this was MS people WOULD piss all over it, especially here. Im just stating a fact. Era is so Sony biased its ridiculous. I will probably get a ban for saying that but its true.
Man your 2nd paragraph is so ironic, do you want me to give another example of persecution complex? Quit being melodramatic, majority of people don't see much value on it compared to gamepass. Of course a lot of people does too, what's so hard to get?