Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Looks better than 2 and people in here saying it's not a big jump lmfao

z e r t

Oct 27, 2017
People saying there's no difference compared to the original are trolling right? I mean, come on.

ginsengs

May 23, 2022
why are people forgetting that this will have part 2's improved combat too also the graphics look nothing like the ps3/ps4 ver

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah that looks more like a remaster. Unless the gameplay and gameplay animations are like 2. Does look good though but idk about $70 good
Note that cutscenes in Part 1 were pre-rendered, whereas the remake's seem to be in-game like Part 2. The jump is bigger than what's being conveyed by these screenshots!

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
As far as I understand, a remaster doesn't have new graphics at all, usually just improved resolution/framerate/effects.

This is a brand new presentation.
Depends. You have full remake like RE4 where it is actually a completely new presentation.
But you have also "remakes" like Halo Anniversary or Shadow of the Colossus where it's the exact same game with new models, lighting etc both games were not sold full price btw
Part 1 is definitely in the second category.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Lol I know some on this site have a hardon for hating anything TLOU, but claims that it looks the same or worse are too much.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Oh wow looks great can't wait!

And are they having left behind in the main game now or still separate? I can't tell but could be cool to blend in with main game.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Yeah it looks the way one remembers TLOU on PS3 looking. It looks two gens ahead. But the difference between this and the Demon's Souls remake, is that TLOU was a late gen PS3 game that took full advantage of what the hardware could do and a game that even looked good remastered on PS4. So the difference is not that big, but it is at leagues above. The texture detail, lightning precision, model details, etc. it's all far better.

My PC can only hold so many games.

Xbox exclusives, PlayStation exclusives.

PC - "The home of all games*"

*Except Nintendo. Boooooooo

There's always emulation

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just wait for

playstation-plus-premium-image.jpg
I could legitimately see it launching in there day one and since it's a "classic" game it'll only be available at the highest tier.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Damn this looks good...when was this suppose to be announced? When was the next PlayStation direct expected?

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Crazy that the first game hasn't even been out for 10 years yet and has had a remaster and a remake already.
The remaster happened because the first release came out like the last leg of the PS3 era. There was non reason to keep that classic locked to PS3. Plus ND got some practice for the eventual Uncharted 4 game.

Now there are many things happening which has allowed this project to be possible. Part 2 came out and Sony likely wants to release it on PC. PC players though haven't played Part1 yet. Good time to re-release it on PS5 and PC. Part 2 is 100% in the works for PC.

Also there is an HBO show coming out based on the IP. Good synergy there.

Lastly Factions GaaS game coming too. More people play and like the IP = easier chance for this game to flourish.

Just saying you can't just look at it like "aw man why does this need a remake?" LOL

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
The only way I'd consider it at full price, is if it had a Playstation VR2 mode.

It just feel too recent for me to get hyped for a remake/remaster, without a big new hook.

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
$70 for a remake.. so much for game development being more expensive, it's just plain greed at this point, dictated by Jimbo.

What is this nonsense? You think they made this by simply clicking their fingers? Game development is expensive and they actually rebuilt this game from the ground up with modernised gameplay for the PS5. If you want to wait until the price drops that's fine but saying it's "greed" is a bad take. If it was a simple port with no improvements whatsoever and they charged $70 then I would get it but this isn't the case.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The answer is: "No, we don't."

The way this gen relies on rehyping and repackaging past experiences is honestly concerning.

Repackaging , as you put it, releases has been a key part of many major videogame companies release schedules since at least the ps3 gen. It's like 15 years too late to be surprised at this.

chadboban

May 27, 2020
Ok so it's not a remake but a remaster of sorts.
Pretty much. It's like Xenoblade Definitive Edition where everything graphics wise has been hugely upgraded but it's the same game. So it's not like an RE 4 style reimagining. Really wanna see what the gameplay improvements they mentioned are tho.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I don't know what footage you watched but it absolutely looks like a PS5 game.

Just look at the comparisons. It looks fantastic. I won't sit here and say they should charge $70 for it but i also won't handwave how much better it looks.
Doesn't look that much better than TLOU 2 (which looks incredible, but is a PS4) to me

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
This is really not wowing me. But good for those who want it and or haven't played it yet I guess.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks on par with 2 to me. 2 wasn't that long ago so wouldn't expected any drastic changes to their rendering tech anyway.

hbos-the-last-of-us-casts-original-tommy-actor-but-not-as-tommy-1626445152394.jpg

dQcfrPo.png

c13c8cbcdee6e0e35ba5f8a278a348a8.jpg

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Would you call Demons Souls PS5 a remaster?
Nah that was a massive leap over the original. But to be fair OG Demon Souls looked like a old old game, while TLOU1 could easily look modern-ish with some better lighting and ao.

Edit: definitely wouldn't have paid $70 for Demon's Souls either though .
Note that cutscenes in Part 1 were pre-rendered, whereas the remake's seem to be in-game like Part 2. The jump is bigger than what's being conveyed by these screenshots!
Ohh maybe it is a much bigger change than thinking. I do really wanna see gameplay, if it looks like 2 then im happy!

Last edited:

Nephi215

Oct 6, 2020
As someone who loves TLOU series, I feel no incentive to grab this. I am anticipating ND next new game instead (please be Savage Starlight).