Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
5 years ago I bought a new PAL PS2 to give to my daughter when she turns 7 or 8 along with the games I had.

Guess I didn't have to considering mini consoles are coming back in full force.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate Classic systems. I think they make for cool collectibles and it's nice to be able to have something to just turn on with a bunch of games in it. What I hate is Classic systems as a SUBSTITUTE for a unified classic game library via simple BC of emulated stuff. There's really no excuse for that. I have over 20 PS1 Classics that I bought across PSP, PS3, and Vita. I wouldn't mind buying a Playstation Classic system on top of that. It looks cute. But I do mind that I can't play any of those Classics on the PS4 and this Classic system is the only "solution" for us fans.
Well, when I say I 'hate" them is in this same way. There's no reason modern systems can't have good support for these older titles, but they will do that just to sell mini systems now. It's the worst as I'm always interested in getting older games, but there's no way I'm getting these.

Oct 27, 2017
Do you really think it'll have enough storage to add more games?
Well if it is like the NES classic then you will probably be able to so (but you might need a usb usb de to store the games on it).
This. Sony does not get the benefit of the doubt on this front the way Nintendo does. I need reviews and previews of how these games even run on top of needing the list of the other games before I even consider trying to buy one of these.
What does Nintendo have that Sony doesn't have?
If this and NES Classic was announced together then I would be more earth with Nintendo given the quality of their devices compared to Sony.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like to see a size comparison between the psOne and the classic. I really like the one with the screen attachment. Will be getting this for sure though.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'm wondering if all of the people complaining about the lack of a DualShock controller actually owned a PlayStation at the time. I didn't get one of those controllers until like 1998 and almost no one I knew had one. Support was hit or miss after it came out.

It's the better controller for sure, but when I think about PS1, the bulk of what I played was on the original controller.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
3108N2ZMT3L.jpg

Ehh doesn't look much smaller than the psone, which you can buy for $50 these days with a dualshock and the ability to play way more than 20 games.
Bought one at a garage sale this summer for $5 with 2 controllers and all the cords. :)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna preorder 10 of these and make a killing on eBay. I called people for doing that with the SNES mini but now I wish I'd done it cos the markup was insane at first.

That's if they're released in the UK. Has there been any mention of it?
I mean, I guess that worked for the NES, but the SNES didn't really have stock problems.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
So FF7, Jumping Flash, Tekken, Ridge Racer 4 and Wild Arms.Spyro and Crash I hope would be on it, but those should really be front and center here...

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
To everyone saying $100 is expensive - why?

NES was $60, SNES was $80. N64 will probably be $100 too.

I think it's a fair price. $5 per game, plus the console is actually very cheap imo

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I wouldn't be either. Seems like too much work and defeats the whole plug and play mentality

eh i don't know that an e-store would defeat plug and play mentatilty? i mean all it is is setting up your credit card?

I guess they just want people to own it as a collector's item and then get back to playing PS4.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
No analog stick sucks and I don't think I could go ever go back to a more traditional emulator for PS1 that still has the wobbly textures from not having prespective corrected texture mapping. Although who knows, they might implement it?

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Pretty cool for those who lost or sold their games. I'd be all over this seeing as the PS1 is the only Playstation I ever loved, but my PS3 is still hooked up and I still have my huge pile of games, of which I'm willing to bet I already own the entire lineup that'll be on this thing.

Make a Saturn mini, and you'll have all my money.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
£89 isn't too bad, especially given the added novelty and collectability factor. Though the SNES Mini is still £20 cheaper I believe. Needs more games too.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Moment Amazon gets this bad boy up? I'm goooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddddddddd.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
So FF7, Jumping Flash, Tekken, Ridge Racer 4 and Wild Arms. Spyro and Crash I hope would be on it, but those should really be front and center here...

I wouldn't count on Spyro, Crash, Resident Evil or MGS.

The first two had just had expensive remakes, RE got a remaster too.

Really interested to see what what the other 15 games will be.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, it feels like Sony is trying to beat some records with Final Fantasy VII with its number of versions and platforms it's released on. For being a game released two decades ago, there are currently three upcoming versions of it, at the very least for 5 platforms (including this), which could be even more come next-gen.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
I just did but I'm canceling if the rest of those games are ass.

Yep. Could be insanely hard to find. If the game lineup sucks, I'll cancel.

The lack of analog sticks is very concerning.

...but it would also mean we get RE1 with the original music finally rereleased.

I'm surprised they didn't announce it with Gran Turismo or Metal Gear Solid

GT is synonymous with the PlayStation brand. It has to be included...

Status
Not open for further replies.