• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Less than
1uka_untitled.jpg
hours!

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait!!! For me the PS5 it's my only option, so I hope for the best. Maybe it will not be more powerful than the XSX, but I don't really care because for me it's all about the games and I'm a huge fan of the Sony IPs. Also PLEASE bring at least PS4 compatibility. PLEASE!

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Cerny walks out like:

"Yeah, about those graphics. We switched those off, it's all haptic feedback and sound now baby. Don't need FLOPS where we're going! Woo!"

But this will be interesting to watch, hope they showcase some stuff off as it's the first major PS5 news in a long time.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Posting in legendary thread.

p.s. I have pretty fond memories of the PS4 reveal, I hope this also gives me some good memories.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Let's go boys! Expecting something very similar to the Xbox series x, which I'm pretty happy with.

Zyae

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Mar 17, 2020
Can't wait but I had a meeting rescheduled for 11 am!

my final guess on specs:

8 cores @3.2Ghz
11TFs
16GB GDDR6
1TB SSD @ 4GB/s

This seems accurate but probably less TFLOPS. I believe the series X has 52 CUs so I imagine the PS5 will have just below that in the mid 40s and 3.2 Ghz for the cpu seems right on target, maybe 3.4 default and 3.2 with SMT.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one is going to be disappointed with the PS5.

At least no one should....

People can be disappointed if they want to be.

Maybe if they show games they wont' look as amazing as we anticipated, maybe they won't even show any games.

Maybe the specs will be underwhelming compared to competition.

Maybe it'll blow everyone away, who knows.

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
User Warned: Trolling
Suddenly no one cares about power. It was all fun and games during PS4/XBONE but now? No, no, no!

Jade1962

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping this coupled with an article. Also hope all the details are laid out for speculation can end and the fanboy battles can start now and hopefully peter themselves out by launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.