Votes: 1,062 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 5,656 84.2%

• Total voters

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Cannot even imagine the Canadian price.
The price is way high for me, my original PS5 will continue the journey with me it seems.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Knowing how much I spend for an ssd upgrade and gpu upgrade. 700 is about what I expected over a base PS5 for the upgrades we heard this was getting.

Will probably get a drive later as I barely use a disc this gen and all discs that I have are PS4 since I went all digital this gen.

Rebirth at 60fps fidelity is all I wanted. So this is an easy buy for me lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
800€ and they could not give us a disc drive, that is insane…
If you bought some physical games it'll be a 920€ purchase… what the fuck.

When will Sony stop fucking up every country that is not the USA.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
It is almost 900$ in the EU. I just cannot believe it is true. They did not research the market or worse they actually did and this is what people are able to spend? You can build a PC with RTX 4070 for a little bit more.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The support for this will probably be barely existent a year from now. The userbase on pro will be almost negligible at that price point.

With PS4 pro they said they wanted to keep people from moving to PC, I think with an 950€ ps5pro (with stand and disc drive) they are actively pushing people towards PC

This whole presentation should have been a blog post. They didn't show anything worth talking about except the price. Cue 799 articles in the next few days ripping this thing to shreds...

Yeah I wanted a Pro but literally have a tab open right now looking up how much a decent PC would cost me thanks to this announcement lol

Droopy_McCool

Dec 13, 2023
LOL absolutely no way. What a scam. $700+ tax for something that doesn't even have a disk drive to play the games I've already bought for the PS5

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
If I didn't have a good PC and was all in on consoles again then i'd probably consider it my BIG expense for the generation, but that's another life

Meanwhile I don't play any of my multiplats on consoles and only play your occasional exclusive every 3-6 months

PhillyPaw

Apr 11, 2021
I know people are being reactionary and didn't even see that this includes a 2 TB SSD.

Funny how everyone wanted more storage and now that they're doing so it probably would've been better going 1 TB again lol

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Gamestop just lowered the trade in values of ps5's by over $150

qfUcXVV.png
Of course they did.

Fucking scammers lol

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The corporate greed on display here is just insane. I'm having flashbacks to the PS3 reveal and their arrogant "just work two jobs if you can't afford it!" shit. 800 fucking Euro, without a disc drive which will add another 100 euro for sure, and then additional distribution taxes and such on top of that. You can buy three fucking Switches for that price.

The disc drive is 120 Euros, so it's even worse than your pessimistic guess, lol.

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like $400, $450 and $600 really should have been the landing spot for the lineup pricing moving forward. I don't really do mid gen upgrades though, so not really affected, just find it curious on Sony's part. I'd be surprised if they actually move a lot of these, but wtf do I know.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The funniest thing is... for what games? There barely have been a handful of games on the platform that weren't basically dragged down by the limitations of the base PS4 (remember, a 2012 machine), and nothing new seems to be on the horizon.
I laughed when the first game they showed was TLOU2 Remastered, which had basically no upgrades over the PS4 game whatsoever to begin with. Then Ghost of Tsushima too.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
I know the PS5 Pro comes with a few tech upgrades that the hardcore enthusiast people will care about but I just did a quick search and found out that the Xbox Series X that releases this October is 599 and it has both 2TB and a Disc Drive... lol
image.png

Vince Death

Jun 15, 2022
I'm still open about getting one if GTA is 60hz on it.

But I ain't going to lie, it's absolutely fucking outrageous that they have the cheek to charge for the stand. Even 5£$€¥ is too much. Just taking liberties here.

But the same people ready to get their pants pulled down by Sony here are the ones that are clamouring for Microsoft to exit the console business. Just wait and see what Sony does when they do.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
No drive just feels insulting. You're really telling me they couldn't throw it in there? Hell, forget about the drive. You're seriously telling me they couldn't chuck in a free stand at that price?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
My celing was 700 bucks witjh disc with fidleity mode running at 60 FPS with better RT, not what we got with same fidleity mode not improved.
I can fully survive the 30 FPS.

jikevgw

Jan 22, 2020
What is Sony thinking smh . I'll just wait for ps6/next Xbox . Waiting for nvidia 5000 series to drop to build my next pc . I may be done with consoles .

Dec 25, 2018
blog.playstation.com

Welcome PlayStation 5 Pro, the most visually impressive way to play games on PlayStation

Features including GPU upgrade, advanced ray tracing, and PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution take players to new heights.

The PS5 Pro console will be available this holiday at a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $699.99 USD, £699.99 GBP, €799.99 EUR, and ¥119,980 JPY (includes tax). It will include a 2TB SSD, a DualSense wireless controller and a copy of Astro's Playroom pre-installed in every PS5 Pro purchase. PS5 Pro is available as a disc-less console, with the option to purchase the currently available Disc Drive for PS5 separately.