Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to find an affordable SSD expansion for the PS5. I thought that they released a compatible ssd list? Would love some advice.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
affordable SSD expansion for the PS5
6e0720305b77c82649070136f967099f.gif

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Got an email from Sony saying they are about to process my payment. If we ordered directly from them via that lottery, anyone think we could actually get the console early?

melman101

Oct 27, 2017

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Not console related, but has anyone been able to pre-order the Duel Sense Charging Dock? The official Sony one? Everywhere I have looked says "not available".

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you guys....just placed my order and got free expediated shipping due to being PS Plus owner! Thank you again!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
My hype for the PS5 was pretty much non existent and now over the past couple days it has gone to full. So I figured ok I'll go preorder.

Huh. Well that was unexpected. Genuinely didn't think that would be an issue. I preordered Switch super late and it didn't matter, and that was a console in demand. This is reminding of the pain it was to get the Wii.

Where is the best bet in the UK to keep an eye on and do we expect any more preorders to go up before launch?

Honestly at this point, your best bet might be the BST thread or even this thread - I'm sure some people will have multiple preorders and be looking ot pass on any spares at/near cost. (I might be one of them but there will be others)

greyblade

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly at this point, your best bet might be the BST thread or even this thread - I'm sure some people will have multiple preorders and be looking ot pass on any spares at/near cost. (I might be one of them but there will be others)

Which bst thread do you speak of? Also, if you do wind up being willing to part with a ps5 and are in the states I'd take it!

MC-MC

Dec 15, 2017
Does anyone know where I can get the DualSense Charging Station in the UK? Can't seem to find it in stock anywhere.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So my brother is one of those people who preordered at Walmart, and then the totals for the digital console and the controller came up to $45.
They shipped his controller out two days ago and it's expected to come Monday. It seems Walmart night actually honor those $23 dollar Ps5s lmao

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should try to find a long USB-C cable to charge my controller.

I bet it'll charge from a regular 5v USB-A charger with a USB-A to C cable. Then you can put it anywhere you like that may be tidier/more convenient.

Curious how fast it'll charge but if its a small battery it probably won't need anything fancy like USB-PD

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
So my brother is one of those people who preordered at Walmart, and then the totals for the digital console and the controller came up to $45.
They shipped his controller out two days ago and it's expected to come Monday. It seems Walmart night actually honor those $23 dollar Ps5s lmao

The hell? First time I've heard of this glitch. Was it only for the digital edition? Those went out super fast!

Sappharad

Oct 25, 2017
They will be releasing a list of compatible drives. They haven't released the list yet.
The list is going to be extremely short when it comes out, if there are even any drives on it at launch. Going back to the original announcement, the internal SSD is capable of 5.5GBps and that's why it needs to be a PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD as those are the only ones capable of those speeds. The only drive I can find that claims to be capable of those speeds is the Samsung 980 Pro that was released last month.

They did say fast enough SSDs would not begin appearing on the market until the end of this year. Options will probably be very limited initially.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just to get your pages loaded, get logged into your accounts, get settled in and not be stressing that you only have 5 minutes until they could go live. Just gives you time to be prepared, and if they go up a little early, you are ready.

As for Target, there was an internal memo and their askTarget twitter account that both stated they would have them on launch day, but online only for in store pickup.
I'm going to be sick if I stay up till 3 AM and nothing comes up lol

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I caved and ended up ordering the HD Camera and Dualsense Charging Station via Sony's site to add to the preorder I have for the system and Miles Morales. I'm not even sure why I bought the camera honestly, I don't stream often but I always have illusions of doing it.

Layth

Oct 27, 2017
My pulse headset has shipped from EB Games Canada. Now if only I could find the console itself on or around launch. I took launch day off work with the assumption I'd have the console... lol

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One day, one day amazon will update our orders. Also, since when are head sets hard to find, what the fuck is it about this headset that is making it harder to find than a new iphone?

DeadlyVirus

Oct 29, 2017
I signed up for an appointment to pick up my PS5, never got a confirmation. Has anyone actually got a confirmation?

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Man backing up games to my external drive is taking FOREVER.

Anyone bought an external SSD for their PS5. Some of these PS4 games are massive and I don't really want to put them all on my internal drive considering how small it is.

Crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed a shipping update from Amazon for my controller, arrives tomorrow! (was previously the 16th)