Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Best Buy has been "shipping tomorrow" for a few days now. Looks like they've dropped the ball. Hopefully I can get it in time for the weekend.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Watching target and best buy tonight since the card I have has enough for just the physical ps5. Half hoping to see it back on shopmyexchange at some point though, could actually buy bundles there lol

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
Best Buy update: my Spider-man now says shipped and arriving tomorrow but they are still getting the PS5 ready and it says shipping tomorrow. /Sigh

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Just wait for Wario. There's no confirmed Target time. I can't imagine refreshing for the next ~3 hours nonstop lol

58829197.jpg

Lugnutal

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Is anyone having any trouble with popfindr? I was trying to see Target's supply in my area and I keep getting a web server error. I've got one preordered through Walmart but we all know what that is looking like.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I wouldn't really mind ordering from NewEgg, except that you're either forced to buy an extra controller or Spider-Man+Sackboy. I got no use for a second Dual Sense or Sackboy. IIRC NewEgg does not charge sales tax in my state though, so I can almost justify the obnoxious bundling because I will save ~$40 on sales tax.

Still though, if we're guaranteed availability at midnight then that's not a bad backup plan. Lock in an order and NewEgg just in case you can't get a PS5 from Wal-Mart or Target.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
So when is online stock meant to show up in stores? Is the prediction that it will be 3AM for places like Target, Best Buy, and Amazon?

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I wouldn't really mind ordering from NewEgg, except that you're either forced to buy an extra controller or Spider-Man+Sackboy. I got no use for a second Dual Sense or Sackboy.

Still though, if we're guaranteed availability at midnight then that's not a bad backup plan. Lock in an order and NewEgg just in case you can't get a PS5 from Wal-Mart or Target.

Newegg has no refunds apparently, definitely not doing that

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Sorry if I missed it, but are there any going up on Best Buy tonight? Don't want to stay up unnecessarily, lol.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Finally tracking for Target is showing and surprisingly it's going to be here on Friday. I totally expected next week.

I really hate Target right now. Now I'm kicking myself for cancelling that Walmart backup preorder I had.

Yikes why would you pick Target over Walmart if you cared about timing?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Just wait for Wario. There's no confirmed Target time. I can't imagine refreshing for the next ~3 hours nonstop lol

You will have literally less than a minute to put one in your cart and pay for it, or you won't get one. Shit happened when Walmart did their 9PM phase on the 17th. Page wouldn't even load for me at all, and my friend got one in his cart, but took all of 30s to try to input his payment method, so he didn't get one.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Why would you expect or need a refund though? If the system breaks it is under Sony's warranty, and if you simply don't want it you should be able to sell it for more than retail value.

In case I get a Target/Walmart order earlier- don't really wanna go through the hassle of reselling it

PARANOiA2MB

Oct 29, 2017
Boston
Target pre-order just shipped, FedEx says it'll be here Saturday--ugh. Ordered Spider-Man and it says it won't be delivered until Monday (also got from Target)--Target really didn't care about getting these to some of us on launch day, huh?

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Walmart orders in Louisville have departed. Still insane to me that 3-ish hours from now it's going to be in my area and they're just going to sit on it until Friday. Still holding out slight hope my November 13th date changes to tomorrow.

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Reporting from Japan.

Ordered from Amazon. Got mine about two hours ago so that was really awesome. The exclusive eco bag is nothing to write home about. Already have the system set up. Played some Astro and loving it so far.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
You will have literally less than a minute to put one in your cart and pay for it, or you won't get one. Shit happened when Walmart did their 9PM phase on the 17th. Page wouldn't even load for me at all, and my friend got one in his cart, but took all of 30s to try to input his payment method, so he didn't get one.
I was able to get a Target Xbox on Monday pretty easily. It's a bit easier than the Walmart one because there's no set time for bots to attack. But yea, always always always have the payment method ready.

Aug 13, 2018
Walmart orders in Louisville have departed. Still insane to me that 3-ish hours from now it's going to be in my area and they're just going to sit on it until Friday. Still holding out slight hope my November 13th date changes to tomorrow.
Don't count it out. FedEx updated my GameStop delivery(was originally Friday) it is now Thursday and it is 5 hours away

Nov 5, 2017
Any other NY bros seeing no movement whatsoever on their Target order? Mine hasn't changed since last night. Still says "preparing to ship" with a 11/18 delivery date. So frustrating.

StrifeAzure

Nov 5, 2017
My Amazon order has Shipped

-Playstation 5 (Disc version) ---Shipping Weight 16.3--
-Ordered September 16th (within 2 mins of Wario64 tweet)
-Amazon charged my CC around 3:30am EST
-Shipping label created 3:47pm EST
-PS5 Shipped/Departed at 4:29pm EST
-PS5 currently 3 hours away in my state

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon PS5 Preorder says shipped and on the way but the UPS still hasn't updated at all lol like it doesn't pop up yet.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to get a Target Xbox on Monday pretty easily. It's a bit easier than the Walmart one because there's no set time for bots to attack. But yea, always always always have the payment method ready.

This is the only positive that I could think of with Target's method and essentially the only real way to stand a chance against them. And yeah, he learned from that mistake and updated his Target app (and did a trial run) as well as his Walmart account so that won't happen again if he gets something in his cart.

Coothman

Oct 28, 2017
Setting up Fedex delivery manager worked for my Walmart order. I now see that my order is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I'll be damned, I got the Target email. It hasn't hit my Fedex app yet, but hopefully it will shortly. That's the one I'm giving to my friend, so no biggee if I don't get it tomorrow :D