Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2019
I think Best Buy's system isn't fully ready to accept orders (yet..or anymore...) because one of their APIs is returning a message that the product SKU is inactive (for the full PS5 system). Could be the result of a race condition rather than an actual returned value, but it's pretty suspicious. I'm on the "Continue to Payment Information" screen if anyone else wants to check.

"Failed to retrieve price for sku 6426149: {\"type\":\"com.bestbuy.kraken.util.ProductInactiveException\",\"errorCode\":\"PRODUCT_SKU_INACTIVE\",\"errorMessage\":\"SKU: 6426149 is hidden.: [skuId:6426149]\"}: [uri:http://kraken-east.prod.browse.bestbuy.com/v2/priceBlock/6426149?rzTierCode=10130&storeNumber= , status:404, method:GET]", skuId: "6426149"

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
So on Gamestop, I haven't received a confirmation email and when I try to look up order with my email and order number it's not finding any order. Not sure if it really went through...

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Who went physical vs. digital and how come? Want to read some thoughts as I'll be torn on which to cut loose.
I went digital. I think the console design itself is clearly nicer, being symmetrical and all. On top of that, I haven't put a disk in my PS4 Pro since I bought it at launch.

I just like the convenience of digital much more.

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think its really out of stock. The actual product page doesn't say out of stock at all. Either way I'm still clicking checkout every now and then

Given previous experience with them, there may be a lag before the main order page updates to sold out. I hope not, but I've experienced that with them before.

AGN

Alt Account
Banned
May 13, 2020
Been on hold for phone support at bb for 45 min now. I'm pretty sure they just aren't answering phones lol.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I think Best Buy's system isn't fully ready to accept orders (yet..or anymore...) because one of their APIs is returning a message that the product SKU is inactive (for the full PS5 system). Could be the result of a race condition rather than an actual returned value, but it's pretty suspicious. I'm on the "Continue to Payment Information" screen if anyone else wants to check.

"Failed to retrieve price for sku 6426149: {\"type\":\"com.bestbuy.kraken.util.ProductInactiveException\",\"errorCode\":\"PRODUCT_SKU_INACTIVE\",\"errorMessage\":\"SKU: 6426149 is hidden.: [skuId:6426149]\"}: [uri:http://kraken-east.prod.browse.bestbuy.com/v2/priceBlock/6426149?rzTierCode=10130&storeNumber= , status:404, method:GET]", skuId: "6426149"

Doesnt explain why the rest of the website is down completely though.

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
Was the final 2 preorders at gamestop, the lady next to me wanted the digital one but settled for disc.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Given previous experience with them, there may be a lag before the main order page updates to sold out. I hope not, but I've experienced that with them before.
Damn. I didn't know this is something that has happened before. That is disappointing. So it could be that this is all a huge waste of time anyways

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
The SNES Classic preorders dropped at like what, 2-4AM central time when that dropped. I hope that doesn't happen here.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
how are people allowed to sell preorders for a console not even out in 2 months?
They just say it's a preorder just like companies do it. It can be pretty risky on the part of the seller because if the prices fall there is a good chance the buyer cancels or claims fraud and other possible ways it can go wrong.

I've also seen sellers list more preorders than they actually have and then spend extra money trying to buy from other sellers just so they don't have to cancel orders and watch their ratings plummet.

Nah. Go there and report EVERYONE selling pre-orders! Get all those listings taken down.

Also this. They aren't supposed to list them yet.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I got the disc version and every accessory pre ordered, but I wanted Digital. If that doesn't change, I'll have to work out a swap with someone who wanted the disc but got DE.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I went digital. I think the console design itself is clearly nicer, being symmetrical and all. On top of that, I haven't put a disk in my PS4 Pro since I bought it at launch.

I just like the convenience of digital much more.

Similarly. I went digital (through Walmart). I don't like the clutter of games, I like the convenience, and my internet is SUPER fast. Frankly, I don't care about used or trading, my money isn't that tight anymore.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I need to go in the shower and at this rate I'm debating taking my phone in with me so I can keep pressing the checkout button.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I use to work retail for 35 years and made some calls to friends that are Asst. Buyers/District Managers at Best Buy, Target and Game Stop and they are stating that it is close to a 80/20 split on the Disk vs. Digital version. One person told me it was closer to a 90/10 split in availability of the Disk version versus the digital.

Some reports from users here reporting Game Stops having 14 Disk/4 Digital lines up closely to what I am hearing. With the loss that Sony is probably going through with the Digital, I am sure they are making less units of the Digital and why allocation is what we are seeing right now. Wonder if this will change or if in a way for Sony to control losses they will continue to allocate less digital versus disk versions? Should be interesting...but the thirst is real as you can see with retailers selling out almost instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.