• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
demon's souls crashed when i was returning to the nexus. it added a 15 second clip to the report that looks like something i would have done. doesn't really show much. unless it gives more data than just the video. luckily it auto saved when i got there.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Can the USB ports not working problem be fixed by a firmware update, or am I forever stuck with a crappy machine?

Igorth

Nov 13, 2017
Just had my second game freeze/system crash since Thursday, both whilst playing Spider-Man. Both times it has completely frozen the console which caused it to reset itself and repair itself upon reboot
Same here, have one hard crash playing spider-man today, only problem since Thursday so far.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
"copying..." when a game gets updated still kind of takes a long time :(
Why is "copying" still a thing when downloading patches? It's slower than on PS4, for fuck sake. D:

PS4 games will still copy, the filesystems remain the same.
PS5 games should have little to no copying afaik.

This is weird. My Dualsense has been charging fine from the front USB port.

Same, seems to be a bug.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the Demon's Souls patch spent a while copying. Not like a PS4 game but still I was surprised how relatively "long" it took.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So is this a known issue, every time I turn off the system and turn it back on later on, the wifi connection doesn't work. I have to go to settings and basically reconnect it every time. I saves the connection but at startup each time it fails to connect to internet unless I reset the connection each and every time. Never had this on PS4 or any of the Xboxes in the house

CovFan

Oct 25, 2017
Can the USB ports not working problem be fixed by a firmware update, or am I forever stuck with a crappy machine?
I think it must be a bug because when you first start up the machine it asks you to plug the controllers in to do a software update on them. That seems to work fine for me but since then in rest mode it doesn't charge them.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
After two resets, three database rebuild from safe mode, and the queue issue still not being resolved...

Out of nowhere, and unprompted, the update for Demon's Souls just showed up in the download queue.

So freaking weird. I really want the Miles Morales update.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I think it must be a bug because when you first start up the machine it asks you to plug the controllers in to do a software update on them. That seems to work fine for me but since then in rest mode it doesn't charge them.

It's annoying because each port has given me one successful rest mode charge, but now they've all stopped 😫

Hulkamania78

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester UK
Has anybody had their frames drop in Miles ? I changed suit in performance mode and all the ones I have make the frames drop to single digits. I have to move to Fidelity mode then back again and the OG suit and it works fine . Any help cheers

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Anything in particular I need to do to play Days Gone at 4k 60?

Do I just set the mode to graphical?

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
They're working fine for me in rest mode.

If I was you I would be looking into get a replacement.

But saying that I'm doing my best to break it as if it's going to happen I want it to be sooner than later and I haven't had a single crash using ext hdd or games suspended in rest.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So, is it normal for the settings menu to just display 60 Hz? there's no way to manually enable 120 all the time?

first time I've ever had a 4K whatever TV so it's all new to me, but my understanding from some reading is that if a game (like Dirt 5) let's you select "performance mode" it's running at 120 Hz? is that true and the only way to do so?

Or is there perhaps something I need to adjust on my TV?

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
This is a setting isn't it? If you chose power saving on initial set up then USB's won't charge in rest mode. You can customise what rest mode can and can't do in the settings.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
They're working fine for me in rest mode.

If I was you I would be looking into get a replacement.

But saying that I'm doing my best to break it as if it's going to happen I want it to be sooner than later and I haven't had a single crash using ext hdd or games suspended in rest.

Oh jeez I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to getting a replacement. After doing some Googling on the issue, it seems to be quite a common issue, so hopefully it might be fixed in the long run?

Anyway, the controller still charges whilst the PS5 is turned on and I'm playing something, so there's that at least. It's just a bit of annoying inconvenience.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Anything in particular I need to do to play Days Gone at 4k 60?

Do I just set the mode to graphical?
Just start the game and you're good to
Oh jeez I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to getting a replacement. After doing some Googling on the issue, it seems to be quite a common issue, so hopefully it might be fixed in the long run?

Anyway, the controller still charges whilst the PS5 is turned on and I'm playing something, so there's that at least. It's just a bit of annoying inconvenience.
It could be. There's a high variance in component tolerance sometimes they can be +/-20% from the spec so the power delivery could be tweaked via firmware.

Is not like you have to rush it it is an issue as you will have minimum 1 year warranty so wait for a few updates to see if it gets resolved.

Camillo

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I notice the PS5 I have gets noticeably louder when kicking into a game. It's clearly just fan noise, as I don't hear any coil whine or buzzing. Maybe it's because I'm sitting very close to it that I notice it more? It's definitely a clear step louder than the XSX sitting next to it. Dunno if I should be concerned. (To be clear it's no way even near my old Pro.)

Exactly the same for me, can't hear my XSX at all, but got that constant fan noise from my PS5 after starting a game, although it's very quiet, compared to my old PS Pro. Definitely not dead silent, as several reviews stated.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Two times last night while playing Miles Morales, Miles was wearing the wrong thing. The first time, he was supposed to be wearing his Spider suit but was in his clothes from the family dinner at their house. Didn't realize until noticing his mouth wasn't moving in the cutscenes, and then thought it was bizarre he was out swinging around in his dinner clothes. I quit the game and restarted and then it was fine. The second time, about an hour later, he was talking to Phin and was supposed to be wearing his outdoor clothes with winter coat but was in his Spider suit. Again I had to restart for it to be fixed.

Very weird.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Took several minutes for the latest Demon's Souls patch to install.
Yeah the Demon's Souls patch spent a while copying. Not like a PS4 game but still I was surprised how relatively "long" it took.

Welp, just saw that there's a newer patch for Demon's Souls. So I guess my copy of Miles Morales won't update until there's a new patch from Insomniac.
After two resets, three database rebuild from safe mode, and the queue issue still not being resolved...

Out of nowhere, and unprompted, the update for Demon's Souls just showed up in the download queue.

So freaking weird. I really want the Miles Morales update.

Oct 25, 2017
If I give a sibling my PS4 Pro, can I share my digital library with her even though my account is now on a PS5? And how would that work? Would I have to keep my profile on the PS4 or could I format it first so she could start fresh?

I tried Googling this but I could only find how to share accounts between PS5s or how to transfer your PS4 library to your PS5 - but nothing about how to share your game library between a PS5 and PS4!

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
After 5 days i had my first crash just now, fucking Spider-Man Remastered crashed immediately after the shocker fight cutscene, console turned off, wouldn´t turn on again. had to pull the plug and after that it booted again doing the "drive repair", i have no external drive connected to the console at all.

seriously, it is somewhat embarrassing that Spider-Man of all games crashes, this game was technically near flawless on the Pro.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
spider-man remastered still crashed on me after the patch basically at the end of the game too

happened right after the cutscene after you and otto is laying on his back in the building

After 5 days i had my first crash just now, fucking Spider-Man Remastered crashed immediately after the shocker fight cutscene, console turned off, wouldn´t turn on again. had to pull the plug and after that it booted again doing the "drive repair", i have no external drive connected to the console at all.

seriously, it is somewhat embarrassing that Spider-Man of all games crashes, this game was technically near flawless on the Pro.
mine crashed but the system didn't. just the game itself. it create the report and then went back to the home screen.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
mine crashed but the system didn't. just the game itself. it create the report and then went back to the home screen.

it completely turned off the console...screen went black, blue light blinking and turning off. for a second i thought "ok, that was it, GPU is fried"

gotta be honest, this system is unstable af and together with games that are prone to crashing it is a very frustrating combination.
add things like coil whine, checking for a disc every 45minutes even when playing digital games, disc games that disappear after installing when you push the copy button and the barebones OS i am not that convinced of this console atm.

it comes off as a big beta test instead of a solid system.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Not sure how true this is, but Apparently multiple people on Reddit are being told by PlayStation support that a firmware update to help with crashes and error codes should be released on Wednesday. Didn't say which codes will be tackled, but I will definitely will be looking forward to it. Since if it seems to fix, or atleast lessen, hard crashes and error codes, that's when I'll finally set mine up.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Has anybody had their frames drop in Miles ? I changed suit in performance mode and all the ones I have make the frames drop to single digits. I have to move to Fidelity mode then back again and the OG suit and it works fine . Any help cheers
Its the suit mod from the spiderverse suit, it makes miles move like 15 fps stop motion like the movie.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how true this is, but Apparently multiple people on Reddit are being told by PlayStation support that a firmware update to help with crashes and error codes should be released on Wednesday. Didn't say which codes will be tackled, but I will definitely will be looking forward to it. Since if it seems to fix, or atleast lessen, hard crashes and error codes, that's when I'll finally set mine up.
beta testing for tier 3

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Remote Play needs work. The stream quality is great, but it would be nice if turning on the console remotely was more like the Xbox remote play where the console makes no sound and the lights and TV stay off. Can't use Remote Play at night while family is sleeping lest I risk waking them up with a phantom TV

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Really does seem like it has problems with external drives. I had just put the console in rest mode (with no game active) about five minutes ago. Booted it back up to check something and it immediately crashed. Think I'm just gonna turn it off from now on, not worth the hassle to save a few extra seconds.