Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
hi all! What's the best way these days to track/get alerts that PS5 has come in stock somewhere?

OctoShop extension for your browser. Customize it for how often you want it to check in the background. It'll notify you when things are back in stock audibly so you can dive for your computer :D

I started looking for a PS5 and got one within a week using it (first time I didn't have my credit card added to my best buy account and missed out, 2nd time went through flawlessly)

OctoShop PS5 restock tracker makes getting a console much easier (inverse.com)

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
ffs just had the Rest mode bug where the console keeps turning off after the PS logo start-up screen. Not even going to safe mode and rebuilding the database helped, so I ended up doing a factory reset, which is incredibly infuriating. I'm not completely sure all my saves were backed up.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
My friend sent me a code from a different region, so I can't redeem it through my PSN. However, I can redeem it if I make another account and pick a different region, though, right?

My other question is, if I redeem and download it to my system through that secondary other account, would I be able to play it on my main account too? Where would the trophies register?

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
My friend sent me a code from a different region, so I can't redeem it through my PSN. However, I can redeem it if I make another account and pick a different region, though, right?

My other question is, if I redeem and download it to my system through that secondary other account, would I be able to play it on my main account too? Where would the trophies register?
Make a PSN from that other region and redeem the code, activate the primary for that other account on your PS5 and download the game, any other account will be able to play and earn trophies as long as the primary is on your system.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Make a PSN from that other region and redeem the code, activate the primary for that other account on your PS5 and download the game, any other account will be able to play and earn trophies as long as the primary is on your system.

Thanks! Also do you know if save data is region locked as well? Like my friend sent me a UK code, but if I buy the physical US version down the line, would the save data still work?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Okay so I got a weird one for y'all. Uncharted Lost Legacy if anyone owns it. On PS5 the trophies are bugged and it points to Uncharted 5 trophies and also it blows up my external drive.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
So it wouldn't be compatible with a US copy then?
This might game by game issue on how they handle saves, but I only have experience with CAN and US games which seem to share saves.

Okay so I got a weird one for y'all. Uncharted Lost Legacy if anyone owns it. On PS5 the trophies are bugged and it points to Uncharted 5 trophies and also it blows up my external drive.
I have it installed on an external SSD and not having these issues, assume you have already tried reinstalling?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This might game by game issue on how they handle saves, but I only have experience with CAN and US games which seem to share saves.

I have it installed on an external SSD and not having these issues, assume you have already tried reinstalling?
Yeah it pretty much blew up my external now I get a ton of errors attempting to install directly on the drive. I may try a database rebuild. It's so weird game didn't even show in my library either and now it looks at UC5 trophies when I navigate on ps5

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Any word on whether this will play at a point ps1/PS2 classics
? Which prevent me playing what I paid for?

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
As far as I know, if you have PS1/PS2 Classics that played on the PS4, they'll play on the PS5 via backwards compatibility. I can't remember if there were any PS3-only Classics, but if there were, you won't be able to play them on the PS5 just like you weren't able to play them on the PS4.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Some days I find myself actually getting angry that I still can't find a PS5. Talk about peak first world problems lol. Would've been nice to have one last year though, just to escape from the pandemic mentally.

Christmas will probably be a bloodbath. Maybe I'll get one next year, and Miles Morales will be cheap by then!

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wasn't there supposed to be some indie games added to the PS5 Collection? Was that just a one time thing I missed out on or am I misremembering some news I read a few weeks ago?

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there supposed to be some indie games added to the PS5 Collection? Was that just a one time thing I missed out on or am I misremembering some news I read a few weeks ago?
Are you thinking of this?

blog.playstation.com

Play at Home 2021 update: 10 free games to download this Spring

Download free indie games and PS VR games starting March 25. And get ready: PS4 blockbuster Horizon Zero Dawn will be free for a limited time starting April 19.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone ever have a friends activity card to join their game for destiny or black ops show up? I always have a card for my fireteams or whatnot, but I never have a card in the list from anyone in my friends list.

Is something goofed or is it just the way those games implemented the card?

PlayerOne

Apr 16, 2018
Hey guys, looking to up my audio quality, what headphones would you recommend for ps5? Budget is around 200$ but i think I could go higher if its worth it. I read great things about philips x2hr. They dont need to be wireless, sound quality is preferable. Do I need a dac or should they be connected to dualsense to utilize 3d audio? Thanks.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Hey guys, looking to up my audio quality, what headphones would you recommend for ps5? Budget is around 200$ but i think I could go higher if its worth it. I read great things about philips x2hr. They dont need to be wireless, sound quality is preferable. Do I need a dac or should they be connected to dualsense to utilize 3d audio? Thanks.
Are you looking for something more immersive or competitive focused? You can use the DS for 3D Audio but it would be very beneficial to get a USB DAC with the headset sound quality, which is still compatible with 3D Audio.

Does anyone ever have a friends activity card to join their game for destiny or black ops show up? I always have a card for my fireteams or whatnot, but I never have a card in the list from anyone in my friends list.

Is something goofed or is it just the way those games implemented the card?
Could be recent players. The cards I have showing up for BF are servers with at least one friend usually, but I think the join cards are kind of a quick match thing.

Last edited:

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.newegg.com/western-digi...VEW1vBB2Mkgh5EAQYBiABEgJrv_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Era, in theory, once Sony green lights the ability to expand internal storage, would this work? It's 2TB and on sale for like half off.

No. That's a PCIE 3.0 drive that maxes out around 3.5 GB/s. The custom internal SSD on the PS5 can do about 5.5 GB/s. So that would the minimum, and would require a PCIE 4.0 drive.

Back during the Road to PS5 talk last year, Cerny said that third party NVME drives only allow for two priority levels for requests, while the custom SSD in the PS5 supports six. Therefore, the third party drive, according to Cerny, would need "a little extra speed" to compensate and allow for the PS5's I/O complex to arbitrate the extra priority levels.

So the required third party NVME drives will likely be PCIE 4.0 drives with 7.0+ GB/s speeds.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
The audio sent to the controller is compressed. If you're after good audio quality then you don't want to be connecting to the controller.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021

I just made a thread on it, although its a bit lower price range so it probably wont be as helpful

www.resetera.com

Best Headset for the PS5?

I’m mostly looking for something comfortable to wear, wireless, and supports 3d audio. Also not something that cost over 150 dollars. I’ve come down to the Pulse 3D, Corsair HS70 Pro, and Arctis 7P. I hear the Pulse 3D is the only one that are compatible with new voice chat features from the...

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I just made a thread on it, although its a bit lower price range so it probably wont be as helpful

www.resetera.com

Best Headset for the PS5?

I’m mostly looking for something comfortable to wear, wireless, and supports 3d audio. Also not something that cost over 150 dollars. I’ve come down to the Pulse 3D, Corsair HS70 Pro, and Arctis 7P. I hear the Pulse 3D is the only one that are compatible with new voice chat features from the...
This one will be more useful:
www.resetera.com

Wireless headset for next-gen consoles

I've been thinking about upgrading my headset for next gen consoles and would like something that works with both PS5 and Xbox Series X. Needs to be both wireless and have a microphone. Anything new that fits the bill?

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
The audio sent to the controller is compressed. If you're after good audio quality then you don't want to be connecting to the controller.
The DS drives noticeable better audio than the DS4 and you have the option of using a mixamp. I agree though that the USB DAC option is much better for audio quality.

Last edited:

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Bad pr when a console launches carries with it for a long time. I realized in the Returnal threads that people are saying they won't put their PS5's in rest mode still and it made me realize that whole thing was never cleared up for a lot of people.

I've never turned off my ps5, if i couldn't use rest mode I'd rather just send it back and get a new one rather than never use that feature.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
The audio sent to the Dual Sense is compressed. If you're after good quality audio from a headset then you don't want to be connecting to the controller, you'll want a USB option (either wireless dongle or DAC).
Yes, but buying a wireless headset is going to give an added cost and come with a lower quality headset in the process. Better to buy a wired one and presumably PlayerOne is using a headset already plugged into the controller.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
You are talking about a headset that is outside of the budget range and I already mentioned the option for a mixamp or DAC.
Good headphones and a good DAC aren't really budget range either. People can decide whether good quality is important to them, and what value they place on it, as well as whether the convenience of wireless is worth paying a premium... but if you're really after good quality audio then the solution won't involve connecting to the controller, under any circumstances.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
Good headphones and a good DAC aren't really budget range either. People can decide whether good quality is important to them, and what value they place on it, as well as whether the convenience of wireless is worth paying a premium... but if you're really after good quality audio then the solution won't involve connecting to the controller, under any circumstances.
Getting a decent USB DAC is not outside of the budget range and I did not say plugging the headset into a controller would be better than the other options. Headset quality is a different story.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Getting a decent USB DAC is not outside of the budget range and I did not say plugging the headset into a controller would be better than the other options. Headset quality is a different story.
I'm confused then, what are you saying? My original post was "The audio sent to the controller is compressed. If you're after good audio quality then you don't want to be connecting to the controller." You seemed to be disagreeing.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I'm confused then, what are you saying? My original post was "The audio sent to the controller is compressed. If you're after good audio quality then you don't want to be connecting to the controller." You seemed to be disagreeing.
My original comment about quality was of the specific headsets that were recommended, and that the DS was just better than the DS4. Not that it would be as good of a choice to the options we were talking about.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Would it hard the duelsense battery to always leave if it on the official charging dock if I'm not playing? Basically wondering if it stops charging if it's full

Jan 29, 2018
Would it hard the duelsense battery to always leave if it on the official charging dock if I'm not playing? Basically wondering if it stops charging if it's full

If the dock harms the battery then it's a really crappy accessory. It leave my controller docked whenever I'm not using it. The light eventually goes off, which I assume means it's smart enough to stop charging.

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Yes, I've owned chargers for every Playstation since the PS3 (when they first became cordless), and they all stop charging once the controllers are fully charged. My DS3s have gone untouched for more than a year, just sitting on the charger, and they still work perfectly when I pick them up and use them (with way better battery life than the DS4 or DS5 - if you go back to them it's kind of astonishing how much more power the lights and rumble in the later DSes use).

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I've owned chargers for every Playstation since the PS3 (when they first became cordless), and they all stop charging once the controllers are fully charged. My DS3s have gone untouched for more than a year, just sitting on the charger, and they still work perfectly when I pick them up and use them (with way better battery life than the DS4 or DS5 - if you go back to them it's kind of astonishing how much more power the lights and rumble in the later DSes use).

The touchpad drains the most power in the DS4 and DualSense since it's always on, the lights draw almost nothing on either.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Anyone happen to have any tips for the pulsing blue light of death? System turns on, occasionally goes through a quick "repairing" screen, and then sits indefinitely on a black screen with the pulsing blue light. When hold power down it does show the normal "preparing to shut down" animation, which really makes me think it's not any sort of signal issue. I've rebooted it, pulled the power for an extended period of time, done the same with the TV, removed the external drive I usually have plugged in, booted to safe mode and changed hdcp settings and reset resolution, cleared the system cache, rebuilt the database, installed a pending update I apparently didn't have via USB. At this point the only thing left is to reinstall the OS via USB, but I'd really like to not lose all my captures and potentially some saves.

Even if I can get this working with the reset I'd still be tempted to RMA it, this is far from the first time I've had to go through an extended fight to simply get the thing to boot. Every PlayStation I've owned has had to be replaced at least once, but I've never had one become this unreliable this soon, and the sheer frequency of problems this one is having is more than pretty much every console I've ever had, combined. It's wild.

I just want to play Nier 😭

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Is there anyway to find out which games support Activity Cards or Help Videos for trophies?

ps5ac-1606840495325.jpg

EvanSquared

Nov 25, 2017
Anyone happen to have any tips for the pulsing blue light of death? System turns on, occasionally goes through a quick "repairing" screen, and then sits indefinitely on a black screen with the pulsing blue light. When hold power down it does show the normal "preparing to shut down" animation, which really makes me think it's not any sort of signal issue. I've rebooted it, pulled the power for an extended period of time, done the same with the TV, removed the external drive I usually have plugged in, booted to safe mode and changed hdcp settings and reset resolution, cleared the system cache, rebuilt the database, installed a pending update I apparently didn't have via USB. At this point the only thing left is to reinstall the OS via USB, but I'd really like to not lose all my captures and potentially some saves.

Even if I can get this working with the reset I'd still be tempted to RMA it, this is far from the first time I've had to go through an extended fight to simply get the thing to boot. Every PlayStation I've owned has had to be replaced at least once, but I've never had one become this unreliable this soon, and the sheer frequency of problems this one is having is more than pretty much every console I've ever had, combined. It's wild.

I just want to play Nier 😭
I've had none of that, so I have no useful tips other than, yes, you should RMA that ASAP. Even if you got it to work for a short while it's unlikely to stop being a continual problem.