• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thoughts on the design?

• I like it

Votes: 3,174 48.9%
  • Meeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Votes: 1,366 21.1%
  • Bad

Votes: 1,947 30.0%

• Total voters

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
v7cu6e2.png

laying flat
Please tell me that's not some optional sold separately stand to have it lay flat.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I think is a nice design. Better than the solid but dull PS4 and much better than the PS3.

Will wait until a couple years after though since that's when most of these games will be released and won't definitely buy it if it's launching at $500 or something.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
I give very little fucks how a console looks. I care about what the console can do.

Now how much is it Sony?

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
lol what the fuck is that.

Not that a console design would stop me from buying it ultimately but come on man.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I was expecting ERA to love this....wow

I think it's fucking amazing looking. Unique and badass. Glad we aren't getting a boring ass box for once.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
It's unique and bold. I personally like it. And prefer it to the utterly boring Series X.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No lie, it's literally the ugliest console I will ever buy. It's kind of shocking ugly it is. It's gonna look really jarring next to my Series X. I don't really care though.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't like the look of the controller and the console design was even worse. Can I lay it flat or does it have to stand like that is a question that people shouldn't have to ask after that reveal.

Oticon

Oct 30, 2017
I like it but to be honest what it looks like doesn't matter. It's how it sounds. I really hope the cooling solution is good.

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
I guess it's a good thing that I don't care that much how consoles look, because my initial reaction was "this looks hideous as fuck".

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Can I lay it down? And does it take up a ton of space? Because I truly don't care what it looks like. It can play the games I want to play and that's all I need for it to do. I'm not gonna stare at it for hours.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that at the end of the vid they showed it lay flat lol. Not a fan of consoles stood up