• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Goddamit, I botched the chicken dinner and I'm still shaking... and pulled out the pistol. :(

Ignore the spray shooting. Let's pretend I'm a marksman.

http://xboxclips.com/AstonMartinDB8/74c16984-dc0f-46a1-bf30-89862e25f6d9/embed
On the Xbox version I've taken to just dumping my pistol assuming I have decent ammo for 2 real guns. Sure, ideally I'd keep it around just in case but if I dump the pistol Y switches between my two primaries, and I never make that mistake. If I have a pistol I usually have no clue what the next weapon in the sequence is. I think it feels backwards from what's on screen. But I have no interest in practicing it to be second nature.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I need help reading the map, mostly where the blue wall of death is, when I see the map and it's encroaching I thought it would be visible. That and I have a hard time telling where I am on the map, a indicator would be nice. Like idk a giant red triangle maybe

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I need help reading the map, mostly where the blue wall of death is, when I see the map and it's encroaching I thought it would be visible. That and I have a hard time telling where I am on the map, a indicator would be nice. Like idk a giant red triangle maybe
Blue wall should be a red/yellow circle on the map and there should be a "center on player" option for the map.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That and I have a hard time telling where I am on the map

Yeah, that grey circle is easy to miss on such a giant and crowded map, it often takes me a while to figure out where the hell am I. Yesterday in a match I moved just so I could read the name of the town fully so I could search for it on the map, lol.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Thabks, you know what it is I only look very quickly because every second I'm in the menu is a second where I could get runned up on and killed. So it's a very frantic management of time.
Not that you misunderstand me: I was talking about suggestions. They should add those to the game.

Blue wall is currently a dark blue circle, barely noticeable on the sea.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
I know this is bad but I love running people over with a car in this game, finished 2nd purely with killing people with a car, though I ran out of fuel and was gunned down at the end, was so fun.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
DVR deactivated does no difference, I tested it now and it runs the same on the X. The Digital Foundry analysis was also with DVR disabled as I found out via Twitter, so that almost confirms it.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Shooting feels really bad this game. There is no feedback at all. You have no idea anyone is getting hurt, or that you even hit them.

Needs more impact or something.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, we had an incredible moment last night where we were in mortar strike zone and we were getting shot at by people in vehicles. One of our squad mades went to pick up a car and he drove right by us and we made an escape.

Later on, we met up with the squad anyway and got gunned down, but that was pretty fun.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
So what's the consensus? Seems like there are more people in the DF thread that don't own the game or plan on getting it than people that own it.

Are the frame rates that bad? I am not into games like this, but one of my colleagues wants to play together and is offering me a copy as a gift. I'll be playing one X1X.

Don't need to know about gameplay because I've seen enough to know what I am getting into.

Thanks.

Oct 26, 2017
Someone posted some settings yesterday here for better aiming for third and first person. What were those settings? Definitely interested in trying those out.

Also, is it generally better to install gams on the internal or externall hdd or doesn't it matter at all?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what's the consensus? Seems like there are more people in the DF thread that don't own the game or plan on getting it than people that own it.

Are the frame rates that bad? I am not into games like this, but one of my colleagues wants to play together and is offering me a copy as a gift. I'll be playing one X1X.

Don't need to know about gameplay because I've seen enough to know what I am getting into.

Thanks.

It's in the single digits and has freezes in the first minutes while you're waiting in the lobby and when parachuting. Once you land the game stays close to 30fps most of the time, bar some occasional hiccups. It's definitely playable.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Someone posted some settings yesterday here for better aiming for third and first person. What were those settings? Definitely interested in trying those out.

Also, is it generally better to install gams on the internal or externall hdd or doesn't it matter at all?

I'm using settings I found on Reddit. Here are some threads:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/7jj9ag/share_your_sensitivity_settings/
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBGXboxOne/comments/7jdg8e/have_an_elite_controller_some_advice/

Quoting the post/reply I used:

i have it like this:

• Deadzone 0
  • General 10
  • Vehicle 5
  • Targeting 5
  • All Scoped at 1
Besides that i use an Elite Controller with the long right stick and made some adjustments to the linear control with some delay in the options like someone posted here already. helped me a ton tbh

Oct 26, 2017

Good stuff! I will try these!

Just had one short match solo, and the tension was quite there, really cool. I do have to make sure i don't spend too long checking out loot from killed enemies though, haha.

Oh and the BP you get, is that only to spend on choosing a different skin,hair or gender?Because so far at the wardrobe section i have only a shirt, belt, pants ad shoes. How do you unlock more and how can i even get stuff for head, eyes, mask, outer and hands?

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Good stuff! I will try these!

Just had one short match solo, and the tension was quite there, really cool. I do have to make sure i don't spend too long checking out loot from killed enemies though, haha.

Oh and the BP you get, is that only to spend on choosing a different skin,hair or gender?Because so far at the wardrobe section i have only a shirt, belt, pants ad shoes. How do you unlock more and how can i even get stuff for head, eyes, mask, outer and hands?

For BP, you go and use that to reset your character or buy crates under rewards. The BP level is tiered. So 700 for first crate, 1400 for second, and then capping at 7000. It resets weekly.

Go to rewards and tap Y (I think) if you have enough. You'll get a crate and a permanently unlocked cosmetic item.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Yes this game needs some work, but all I know is that myself and my 3 boys have been playing it non-stop on both Xbox One X machines and Xbox One S and having the most fun that we have had in a long time alone and together in the different play modes. I am excited that this should be the low bar for performance given that it will continue to be updated, and yet we are still having so much fun.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just got one hit killed by a AKM while driving super fast with a level 2 helmet.

Shit like that doesn't even get me mad because I admire it knowing how difficult it is. I got head shotted on launch day as I was walking by a window from a guy who was outside and some distance away. I know now that what happened was really hard to pull off.

Oct 28, 2017
Shit like that doesn't even get me mad because I admire it knowing how difficult it is. I got head shotted on launch day as I was walking by a window from a guy who was outside and some distance away. I know now that what happened was really hard to pull off.

at the current state of aiming and input lag, it all falls mostly in the "lucky shot" category

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
So finally spent some time with pubg on x1x.. Had I quit this game after playing like 1-2 matches i probably would've never returned till it was "done." It's easily one of the worst looking/running games on Xbox One I've encountered... However, I did not stop after 1-2 games and played most of lastnight with some buddies. By the end, I found myself enjoying the game quite a bit. It's still insanely sloppy and needs a ton of attention, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying myself and looking forward to playing some more. Really interested to see how this game evolves from here!

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a hair of it, even with my game mode on. I don't think it's horrific, but it's something that needs to be optimized going forward.

It's there but I didn't find it annoying, and I usually hate high input lag. I couldn't stand Alien Isolation for more than 5 minutes due to it, and that isn't even a competitive or twitch-based game.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I will say, weapons like pistols seem to do weirdly low amounts of damage. There have been encounters where I'm confident I got four body hits (i.e., four blood puffs), and they survived. At least a few of those have been people without even the police vest. Maybe it's just been bad luck, and I know pistols are sort of a last resort or holdover sort of thing, but it's still putting bullets into a body.

Is it weird that when you invert your Y axis it also inverts it on the map too?

That's probably worth reporting for feedback, I can't imagine that's deliberate.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Had my first win last night, and it was awesome!

Playing doubles, 4 people left. Me and my partner, and a two guys who were not in the same team.

We're in an open field, with only a small house at the edge of the zone. We're in the house. As soon as we leave, I go down. My friend returns fire, and the guy runs behind the house. Friend rushes to revive me. Meanwhile, the guy that ran behind the house seemed to no realize that he was outside the zone, and died! Hahahahahah.

So, 2 vs 1. The other dude was running laps around the smallest zone in a dune buggy. We rush to the zone, shooting everything we have at the guys, but missing everything. He runs around and runs over my friend! As he does that, I hit a beautiful head shot and the guy goes down, winning the match for us.

Had a fucking blast. This game is unbelievably fun with friends.

Oct 26, 2017
For BP, you go and use that to reset your character or buy crates under rewards. The BP level is tiered. So 700 for first crate, 1400 for second, and then capping at 7000. It resets weekly.

Go to rewards and tap Y (I think) if you have enough. You'll get a crate and a permanently unlocked cosmetic item.

Thanks man. Those settings are great by the way, i do however notice when i stand still that the reticule slightly moves, i guess that's the deadzone right? But that's ok. Works rather well during aiming and just moving around.

Very few games give you this rush when the shooting happens, in many shooters i never stand much a chance, i just suck because other players are just that much better but i feel that i stand a chance here and that feeling of rush, tension when you win a gunfight is just great.

Oh and for HDR off is better with this game. Things that shouldn't look dark don't and it just looks better actually. Except for the sky, but meh, big deal.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks man. Those settings are great by the way, i do however notice when i stand still that the reticule slightly moves, i guess that's the deadzone right? But that's ok. Works rather well during aiming and just moving around.

Very few games give you this rush when the shooting happens, in many shooters i never stand much a chance, i just suck because other players are just that much better but i feel that i stand a chance here and that feeling of rush, tension when you win a gunfight is just great.

Yes. Don't forget that you can use LB to hold your breath when you're ADS!

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
No worries. I believe it also functions as a speed boost for vehicles, FWIW.

Learning a lot of new things this morning. Did not know about speed boost and someone earlier posted that their vehicle ran out of gas, I did not know about that as well. Actually, now that I think about it, I found a few gas cans in some buildings, do you actually get to refuel vehicles? Or what would the gas be used for? The game even with its tech issues is impressive. Love that you can shoot tires off of vehicles and the games cars/vehicle physics adjusts accordingly.

OP
OP
Ferny

Ferny

FutureERA
Oct 23, 2017
Learning a lot of new things this morning. Did not know about speed boost and someone earlier posted that their vehicle ran out of gas, I did not know about that as well. Actually, now that I think about it, I found a few gas cans in some buildings, do you actually get to refuel vehicles? Or what would the gas be used for? The game even with its tech issues is impressive. Love that you can shoot tires off of vehicles and the games cars/vehicle physics adjusts accordingly.
Yes, the vehicles can run out of gas. If you have a gas can in your inventory, you just get in the car and go to the inventory screen and hover over the gas can and it will apply the fuel to the car.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
finishing 12th is still my highest. I did something stupid. He was outside the blue circle, I was safe. I should have waited him out and come to me. but I kept trying to get the shot with low health.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, the vehicles can run out of gas. If you have a gas can in your inventory, you just get in the car and go to the inventory screen and hover over the gas can and it will apply the fuel to the car.

Yup. Running out of gas is a terrifying event lol.

Last sort of tip--hold Y to holster the weapon. Allegedly it makes you sprint faster, although I'm not sure if that's a placebo or not.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Still cant get the chicken dinner. Played 3 games last night and came in top 3

Neither can I and for some reason do not mind that. I still am enjoying it a lot. I need to add more stealth to my game. I can't believe I died so quickly yesterday. I parachuted somewhere and went into a building and someone was there with a shotgun already. I didn't see anyone fall at the same spot.